Alex interview 8pm est

HemiBeers

Alex, that thing on your head looks like it has a pulse...what's up with that?

You seem really worried about his hair. Any reason why? :)

Yeah, really.

Tombstone, IMO that comment that you posted in that chatroom about his hair was a cheap shot.

Man when I disappoint you, I wanna just die :scared:

• Like 1

Yeah, really.

Tombstone, IMO that comment that you posted in that chatroom about his hair was a cheap shot.

Calm down...not that bad.

• Like 1

Yeah, really.

OK so I've been called out by the man. He's right...that was not very nice, and conducive to world peace. I should think before typing in a chat directly connected with Alex. So in order to make amends to Alex, and 73, and EagleMoon, and all people who wear rugs--I give you Bryan Adams.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

If you want a much better interview with Al, check out the one he did with Chad Smith of The RHCP a couple of years ago. Just two guys shooting the bull over dinner.

I tried finding a youtube of this but couldn't.

So down to earth,

I love people like him. Never forgetting where he came from. :notworthy:

Thats exactly how he wants to be perceived as being. Its called Canadian Marketing 101.

..oh so he's just ACTING humble so people will THINK he's humble.. Sneaky bastard!

Ya us Canadians are real bad for these retarded marketing ploys..

• Like 1

Two questions:

1. What is the overall sense you got from Alex during the interview?

2. Does it look like he lost any weight? I ask because it isn't good for a man his age who has a grueling tour schedule ahead of him to carry a lot of excess weight. There's a lot of stress involved in touring for a man any age, let alone someone in his sixties.

Two questions:

2. Does it look like he lost any weight? I ask because it isn't good for a man his age who has a grueling tour schedule ahead of him to carry a lot of excess weight. There's a lot of stress involved in touring for a man any age, let alone someone in his sixties.

1. That's he's ok with doing the tour, but not over the top enthused. Sounds like he wants it to wind down.

2. Weight...couldn't really tell because he was sitting and his shirt was kinda baggy. Looked like regular Al to me. Not like he needs to be running and jumping around stage, so he'll burn some weight off as they get going.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

Two questions:

1. That's he's ok with doing the tour, but not over the top enthused. Sounds like he wants it to wind down.

2. Weight...couldn't really tell because he was sitting and his shirt was kinda baggy. Looked like regular Al to me. Not like he needs to be running and jumping around stage, so he'll burn some weight off as they get going.

If Al's not enthused, then they were heavily pressured to do this tour.

Two questions:

If Al's not enthused, then they were heavily pressured to do this tour.

I think Ged is the one that's most fired up.

In a previous interview, Ged said he was almost wanting to continue the last tour, but that Al was pretty burnt out.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Yeah, really.

OK so I've been called out by the man. He's right...that was not very nice, and conducive to world peace. I should think before typing in a chat directly connected with Alex. So in order to make amends to Alex, and 73, and EagleMoon, and all people who wear rugs--I give you Bryan Adams.

You don't need to make amends with me. I was just calling you out for that comment. It wasn't aimed at me. I know Alex is pretty upset. :(

Yeah, really.

You don't need to make amends with me. I was just calling you out for that comment. It wasn't aimed at me. I know Alex is pretty upset. :(

He's probably more pissed at the ticket question 73.

Yeah, really.

And you know this----How?

Yeah, really.

He's probably more pissed at the ticket question 73.

Yeah, he was not expecting that. It was a fair question but that was the wrong place to ask it.

• Like 2

Yeah, really.

If the tour gets canceled due to Alex having sudden psychological issues, we'll know who to blame.

• Like 2

Yeah, really.

If the tour gets canceled due to Alex having sudden psychological issues, we'll know who to blame.

Alex on the mic during the tour: "I'd like to thank the Yukon Blade Grinder for promoting my new line of Totem Natural Male Enhancement products."

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

If you want a much better interview with Al, check out the one he did with Chad Smith of The RHCP a couple of years ago. Just two guys shooting the bull over dinner.

I tried finding a youtube of this but couldn't.

I ran across this just the other day, as a transcript; I guess the Youtube and the podcast are no longer up. It's an interview from 2013 right before the RRHOF induction. Maybe everyone already read it, I dunno. Alex talks more about his family and guitars than anything else; he also says he has psoriatic arthritis, which I never realized. Chad Smith is interesting, also, except for one part where he is making fun of a young fan who only knows a song as "song two" on her play list. Seemed kind of mean; I don't know, a fan is a fan IMO.

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/drums/in-conversation-chad-smith-with-alex-lifeson-575006

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/in-conversation-chad-smith-with-alex-lifeson-part-two-575183

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/drums/in-conversation-chad-smith-with-alex-lifeson-part-three-575415

http://www.musicradar.com/news/drums/in-conversation-chad-smith-with-alex-lifeson-part-four-575756

• Like 2