Rush in Los Angeles Rehearsing

So this photo was posted Monday morning. Ged and Al arriving in LA to begin rehearsals for R40.

They always rehearse in Toronto on past tours, is this Ged and Al just being accommodating to Neil,

or is this a sign that Neil made the decision to do things his way?

With the tour wrapping in LA, it seems very much like they boys did whatever to make Neil happy.

Either way, let's hope they are working out all the kinks and make the R40 show phenomenal!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205624267358774&set=gm.851403464916056&type=1&theater

• Like 2

Geddy was certainly sleeping 20 minutes before this picture.
  • Like 4

I like the Alex look but have to say one thing and it probably sounds silly. Having a dad with severe psoriatic arthritis I notice Alex's hands (or hand in this case) doesn't look so good. The guy has guts and talent I will give him that. Playing can't feel so great...

I thought they rehearsed for months before a tour.

ME TOO!

They do. In fact, Alex has already talked in interviews in the past several weeks about the status of rehearsals so far. Perhaps it was only the two of them.

• Like 1

So this photo was posted Monday morning. Ged and Al arriving in LA to begin rehearsals for R40.

They always rehearse in Toronto on past tours, is this Ged and Al just being accommodating to Neil,

With the tour wrapping in LA, it seems very much like they boys did whatever to make Neil happy.

Either way, let's hope they are working out all the kinks and make the R40 show phenomenal!!

https://www.facebook...&type=1

I guess it's just Geddy & Al being courteous to Neil, and letting him stay close to home for an extra month... Plus it avoids Neil dragging all his gear to TO

I thought they rehearsed for months before a tour.

They rehearse on their own... But, Ged & Al have probably already rehearsed together to some extent....
  • Like 2

I remember reading that now. They were rehearsing individually and then were going to meet up together.

It looks like Al has disks in the bag and some kind of electrical adapter? I don't know, but he always looks happy! :)

Yes, Geddy looks like he just got up! :LOL:

• Like 2

Dang, those guys look like they've aged tremendously.
  • Like 2

I'm guessing that it's because LA has nice weather and Toronto's weather is still in late winter/early spring mode...

I'm guessing that it's because LA has nice weather and Toronto's weather is still in late winter/early spring mode...

It snowed last night in Ottawa :(

is this Ged and Al just being accommodating to Neil,

They know Neil will ultimately/eventually be the one who pulls the plug on Rush if things become too much of a hassle.

They know Neil will ultimately/eventually be the one who pulls the plug on Rush if things become too much of a hassle.

"Pulling the Plug" would have made a much better title for the last record. I wonder why they chose Moist?

• Like 2

I remember reading that this flight was delayed several hours and then it's quite a long flight from Toronto to LA. They were probably wiped. They rehearsed in LA before the last tour, so this is nothing new.
  • Like 1

I remember reading that now. They were rehearsing individually and then were going to meet up together.

It looks like Al has disks in the bag and some kind of electrical adapter? I don't know, but he always looks happy! :)

Alex has a book in that bag-

"How to Re-learn Classic Rush Tunes in Six Difficult Steps"

• Like 3

"Pulling the Plug" would have made a much better title for the last record. I wonder why they chose Moist?

Pulling the Plug would be their acoustic album

• Like 2

I certainly don't think you said anything here to villianize Neil, but I do think that is very likely what will happen because of it..... Neil will somehow be the bad guy... again... because the band decided to do their warm ups in LA rather than Toronto and, well, you know, *nothing* could out do Toronto in April.

And because, you know, the Neil hater's could never fathom the idea that maybe, just maybe, Neil suggested warms up in LA and Geddy thought, "Hmmmm.... April in LA. TWO MLB baseball teams in their opening month, and one very nearby in San Diego... and wine country a quick charter flight away..."

And, because, you know, the Neil hater's could never fathom the idea that maybe, just maybe, Neil suggested warms up in LA and Alex thought, "Hmmmm.... April in LA. Great weather on the links and I NEVER have to use an orange ball to golf in California... and wine country a quick charter flight away..."

And because, you know, the Neil hater's could never fathom the idea that maybe, just maybe, Neil suggested warms up in LA and both Geddy and Alex thought, "You know, my kids are grown, but Neil has a child in elementary school. It might be nice to let Neil enjoy that final month or so of school with his daughter before hitting the road this summer."

Seriously, what's next? Are we going to find out the tour is now listing Charmin as the preferred brand in their facility rider, rather than the previously preferred White Cloud and somehow blame that on Neil, too? (Because, you know, Neil is such an ass).

I, for one, am just happy they are warming up for a tour.... I repeat.... they are warming up for a tour.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

Yes, I think so too! I saw this yesterday and told my husband, "Geddy looks a little tired and Alex looks a little heavy. . ." My husband helpfully looks and says, "Geddy IS tired and Alex IS heavy! Must have been a tough flight!" :)

They don't always rehearse in Toronto as a band before a tour.

CA they rehearsed in L.A. as well. And I remember at least one previous tour where they did 3 weeks in Memphis. (can't remember which tour that was off the top of my head right now).

I'm going to guess the conversation went something like this....

Neil: Guys, would you wanna spend a month in sunny California rehearsing? I'd really love to not leave O. for an additional month. There are plenty of great rehearsal spaces we can rent.

Geddy & Alex in unison: Sure!!

Don't read anything into it other than it works for everybody.

• Like 7

I certainly don't think you said anything here to villianize Neil, but I do think that is very likely what will happen because of it..... Neil will somehow be the bad guy... again... because the band decided to do their warm ups in LA rather than Toronto and, well, you know, *nothing* could out do Toronto in April.

And because, you know, the Neil hater's could never fathom the idea that maybe, just maybe, Neil suggested warms up in LA and Geddy thought, "Hmmmm.... April in LA. TWO MLB baseball teams in their opening month, and one very nearby in San Diego... and wine country a quick charter flight away..."

And, because, you know, the Neil hater's could never fathom the idea that maybe, just maybe, Neil suggested warms up in LA and Alex thought, "Hmmmm.... April in LA. Great weather on the links and I NEVER have to use an orange ball to golf in California... and wine country a quick charter flight away..."

And because, you know, the Neil hater's could never fathom the idea that maybe, just maybe, Neil suggested warms up in LA and both Geddy and Alex thought, "You know, my kids are grown, but Neil has a child in elementary school. It might be nice to let Neil enjoy that final month or so of school with his daughter before hitting the road this summer."

Seriously, what's next? Are we going to find out the tour is now listing Charmin as the preferred brand in their facility rider, rather than the previously preferred White Cloud and somehow blame that on Neil, too? (Because, you know, Neil is such an ass).

I, for one, am just happy they are warming up for a tour.... I repeat.... they are warming up for a tour.

Just "liking" this post isnt enough. Awesome

Edited by dtpoet

They don't always rehearse in Toronto as a band before a tour.

CA they rehearsed in L.A. as well. And I remember at least one previous tour where they did 3 weeks in Memphis. (can't remember which tour that was off the top of my head right now).

I'm going to guess the conversation went something like this....

Neil: Guys, would you wanna spend a month in sunny California rehearsing? I'd really love to not leave O. for an additional month. There are plenty of great rehearsal spaces we can rent.

Geddy & Alex in unison: Sure!!

Don't read anything into it other than it works for everybody.

Neil has a rehearsal space where he keeps his drums all year round, so I would imagine that's where they are.