Heart

Xanadu

I really love their stuff with Roger Fisher, but once he left the band they really lost their harder edge. I've seen them several times and they definitely kick some major butt. Both Wilson sisters are major talents.
  • Like 8

I love them! Ann Wilson is one of my top three female singers together with Stevie Nicks and Kate Bush.

And l like Nancy as a composer. Do you remember 'Fever Dog' in 'Almoust Famous'?

• Like 1

Only keen on the AOR cheeseball era...and I LOVE it!
  • Like 1

Before the 1980s MTV phase they were a kick ass band.

Barracuda is an amazing song.

• Like 2

I thought their 80's music was still pretty good, just maybe a notch below what they did in the 70's. But personally, I would say that about Rush too. :)

I still get goose bumps listening to Ann belt out "Alone".

• Like 1

I thought their 80's music was still pretty good, just maybe a notch below what they did in the 70's. But personally, I would say that about Rush too. :)

I still get goose bumps listening to Ann belt out "Alone".

Its the cheese factor that does it...and the Wilson sisters made fantastic AOR that rocked harder than most of the boys that decade (and yes, I am including Bon Jovi in this).

• Like 1

Does anyone here like them? Ann Wilson is probably my favorite female singer.

I really like Heart. Nancy Wilson was going to be my wife...she didn't know it though. ;)

Great songs, I've seen them live twice they really bring it on to concert audiences.

• Like 1

Heart has one of my fav Debuts ever ever EVER in rock. Actually their first 5 are gems. AOR years are hit or miss for me. The bite i loved about heart was now tamed a bit in those years. but there was still some good tunes

Love em though.

Mick

• Like 2

Ann's voice doesn't seem to have deteriorated with age at all.

A few years ago Page, Jones and Jason Bonham approached Myles Kennedy about a new project. That would have been amazing. If they had instead grabbed Ann, it would be pretty kick @ss as well.

• Like 1

A few years ago Page, Jones and Jason Bonham approached Myles Kennedy about a new project. That would have been amazing. If they had instead grabbed Ann, it would be pretty kick @ss as well.

I know. it's amazing her voice does not age. I can't believe it.

Considering how much she would vocally attack songs......it's amazing. Stevie Nicks did the same and she sounds like an old granny now, lol well the singing and the uh......coke did it lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Considering how much she would vocally attack songs......it's amazing.

Mick

Agreed. That kind of soaring powerful voice usually has a shelf life. Not hers apparently.

• Like 1

Considering how much she would vocally attack songs......it's amazing. Stevie Nicks did the same and she sounds like an old granny now, lol well the singing and the uh......coke did it lol

Mick

I'm not so sure about this one. Last time I heard her she seems to struggle to me to sing even close to the way I remember her back in the day. Nothing wrong with that and its only natural as we have witnessed with a band we discuss here every day... :huh:

Edit: I am not really interested in a drawn out discussion about it but I remember be struck with how badly she seemed to be struggling to sing their classics. Just my observation and opinion...

Edited by Narpsberg

Considering how much she would vocally attack songs......it's amazing.

Mick

Agreed. That kind of soaring powerful voice usually has a shelf life. Not hers apparently.

I know it's a sore spot here.....but look at Geddy.

His voice soared and he just did not make in the long run.

Mick

Mick

I'm not so sure about this one. Last time I heard her she seems to struggle to me to sing even close to the way I remember her back in the day. Nothing wrong with that and its only natural as we have witnessed with a band we discuss here every day... :huh:

I agree.....nicks keeps in tune but her voice is a nasal shadow of the mystical goddess we knew.

Mick

Mick

I agree.....nicks keeps in tune but her voice is a nasal shadow of the mystical goddess we knew.

Mick

I was talking about Ann Wilson but I do agree about Nicks as well. She doesn't sound good at all anymore. It also pains me to say that Christine McVie doesn't sound very good anymore either. One of my favorite and unique voices of all time... :(
  • Like 1

She was amazing singing Stairway at the Kennedy Center honors...and she brought a tear to Plant's eye, as he knew she nailed it and he could no longer.

Aging sucks.

• Like 1

Not gonna high jack the thread with negative talk about these folks now older voices. Evidence shows that it is just a natural occurrence as we age. My dad is a top notch baritone singer and still travels will a singing group in East Texas. He is almost 81 now and he can't even sing the way he used to and he never smoked and has always taken good care of his pipes...

Not gonna high jack the thread with negative talk about these folks now older voices. Evidence shows that it is just a natural occurrence as we age. My dad is a top notch baritone singer and still travels will a singing group in East Texas. He is almost 81 now and he can't even sing the way he used to and he never smoked and has always taken good care of his pipes...

it is a natural thing. Some get lucky and have it longer a la Ann Wilson and Paul Rodgers.

Some.....um....ern......yodel.

got it in OK bye.. :outtahere:

Mick

• Like 1

it is a natural thing. Some get lucky and have it longer a la Ann Wilson and Paul Rodgers.

Some.....um....ern......yodel.

got it in OK bye.. :outtahere:

Mick

I'm not really a fan, but Glenn Hughes has held on to his as well.

• Like 1