Ultimate Classic Rock's Battle of the Drumming Titans: Neil Peart vs Tico Torres

laughedatbytime

Tommy Lee isn't in this? I thought he was supposed to be some bad@ss player?....

He is. He got beaten by Charlie watts.

Some of these matchups are stylistically so different. It's hilarious. Bill bruford and Lars? Haha.. Bun e Carlos and Steven Adler? Wtf..

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 2

Tommy Lee isn't in this? I thought he was supposed to be some bad@ss player?....

I super surprised by that too.

You know, since you've been on TRF I've noticed a distinct change in your acumen...is this because you're a closet Yukon Blade Grinder reader, or, because you DON't read the YBG. Curious about your evolutionary path. Do tell!

I super surprised by that too.

You know, since you've been on TRF I've noticed a distinct change in your acumen...is this because you're a closet Yukon Blade Grinder reader, or, because you DON't read the YBG. Curious about your evolutionary path. Do tell!

Does acumen have something to do with being a grumpy old @sshole? If so that hasn't changed any :) . Maybe my dive into the waters of Rush's synth world without water wings has changed me just a bit. Who knows... :)
  • Like 3

I personally would take Bill Ward over Phil Collins any time.

I like 70s sabbath about as much as 70s genesis but for different reasons of course. ward and collins were both masters of their domain back in the day. collins is better technically but if I'm in the mood for heavy/powerful drumming I'd take sabbath

As long as Phil Collins advocates don't cite In the Air tonight as his masterful drumming performance, I am ok. It often is but the drumming in that song is SO overRated and boring.
  • Like 1

WTF

Whoever votes for the drummer from f***ing Bon Jovi is a future winner of the Darwin Awards.

This website needs a "post of the day" function! this is a winner!! hahahaha!!!

I saw Bon Jovi in a club right before "She's a little runaway" became some sort of hit (I think it was $5.00 to get in) and we left in between their first and second set...they were out in the parking lot having a smoke, and we walked by and said "hey great set dudes"! They were just BAD!

• Like 1

no problem with the other results, except I actually do like mikkie dee more than roger taylor, and I suspect if people actually knew who mikkie dee was he'd have a much higher score than 9.

Yes, that might help.

Although I am a big fan of Roger Taylor.

• Like 2

I was just kidding about Don Henley in an earlier post lest anyone think I was serious... :codger:
  • Like 1

As long as Phil Collins advocates don't cite In the Air tonight as his masterful drumming performance, I am ok. It often is but the drumming in that song is SO overRated and boring.

But Mike Tyson sure does land a mean punch air drumming to the song.

Peart versus Torres? Are these players seeded. Is this a 1 versus 16?

Not officially.

For some reason I thought this was a RUSHTHREAD666 lol

Who TF is voting for Taco Torres?

BJ fans.

And there are a lot of BJ fans.

Most of them are female with big hair.

(take my comment any way you want to....)

f***ing soccer moms!!!

Even I knew Phil Collins is a drummer. :codger:

:LOL: as you should! I'm talking about people my age who only know him from a south park episode, mike tyson's scene in the hangover, and that tarzan song from the 90s