Geddy to appear on That Metal Show (again) Feb. 21st

The Analog Cub

Gotta watch Rock Icons too!!... :cheers:

Has it already been shown?

Last night after That Metal Show

I found it pretty interesting. Almost a short version of BTLS with a little extra (the Le Studio stuff) mixed in.....
  • Like 3

Had they given him more than just the first nine studio albums to work with, I wonder where he would have placed, say, Power Windows and Clockwork Angels. To see him rank the entire studio catalog would have been especially interesting. (But of course there would not have been time. I imagine even Geddy would need to deliberate for a bit.)

That said, I am surprised that, just within the first nine albums, he ranked Signals so low, and actually put Caress of Steel ahead of FBN. I assumed COS would be last in his evaluation.

• Like 1

I found it pretty interesting. Almost a short version of BTLS with a little extra (the Le Studio stuff) mixed in.....

Yes, I thought the same. The Rock Icons episode seemed to draw heavily on outtakes from interviews that comprised BTLS.

I can't to find the entire Speakeasy interview so I can wash the memory of that hideous Metal Show interview from my brain.

The only thing that was missing from that basement dudefest was Adam Corolla and his hottie's bouncing tatas on trampolines.

Yes, I thought the same. The Rock Icons episode seemed to draw heavily on outtakes from interviews that comprised BTLS.

Which makes sense given that Rocl Icons is made by the same guys who did BTLS.

• Like 2

Yep. Pretty sure I saw Sam Dunn's name in the credits...

2:30...Geddy explains the process of shoe-horning lyrics.

:D

3:30 To Petrucci: What's the one RUSH go-to album for guitartists. His answer...

:rush:

Yup, the guy who likes ESL more than ATWAS also likes the raw energy and looseness of the debut. Color me confused.

Yep. Pretty sure I saw Sam Dunn's name in the credits...

"Director and show creator Sam Dunn talked with VH1 about the new series and the challenges of fitting someone’s entire life story into a half hour"

they are new interviews though, not outtakes from BTLS

Edited by Rushman14

Found the YouTube link

http://youtu.be/RXjFqSoOeNg

That was so painful to watch. As usual with the show, the guest (in this case, Geddy) is trying to talk and seems visibly irritated cause Eddie won't shut the f**k up for 5 seconds. And of course he got lost after Signals :facepalm:

Very interesting rankings from Geddy towards the bottom. I saw MP-PeW-2112-Hemi coming, but was unsure about the rest. Ranking the debut after Signals!? The one question I would have asked is why the lower ranking of Signals...I can understand his answer on Fly By Night, but IMO By-Tor is better than all of Caress of Steel. Don't have much of an opinion on his live choice. I could have seen him go either way, ESL cause of the catalog or ATWAS cause ESL is an overproduced mess.

Clockwork Oranges :LOL:

Of course Eddie got lost after Signals and found his way back when the guitars came back...it's called That Metal Show...not That Adult Contemporary Synthesizers show. CoS was an ambitious record that marked a huge turning point for the band. I understand that they don't love it, but I can understand why it ranks better than FBN. I assume that Rush did so well because it was the culmination of so much work for so long, and it represented the achievement of something for which he and John and Alex wanted for so many years. To me, it makes perfect sense that he would rank it higher than Signals.

Found the YouTube link

That was so painful to watch. As usual with the show, the guest (in this case, Geddy) is trying to talk and seems visibly irritated cause Eddie won't shut the f**k up for 5 seconds. And of course he got lost after Signals :facepalm:

Very interesting rankings from Geddy towards the bottom. I saw MP-PeW-2112-Hemi coming, but was unsure about the rest. Ranking the debut after Signals!? The one question I would have asked is why the lower ranking of Signals...I can understand his answer on Fly By Night, but IMO By-Tor is better than all of Caress of Steel. Don't have much of an opinion on his live choice. I could have seen him go either way, ESL cause of the catalog or ATWAS cause ESL is an overproduced mess.

it's called That Metal Show...not That Adult Contemporary Synthesizers show.

:D ....
  • Like 3

great show! i wish i could have been a fly on the wall for all the backstage stuff. wonder if geddy & john got to hang out & talk more. jim florentine is such a lucky guy to meet all his heroes.

John P was happy I bet but Geddy has said he knows they are good musicians but DT is not his cup of tea

And, like Eddie, John P and and Portnoy have also said they bailed on Rush during the synth years.

Found the YouTube link

Of course Eddie got lost after Signals and found his way back when the guitars came back...it's called That Metal Show...not That Adult Contemporary Synthesizers show.

:P

Thanks to Chromecast and Yahoo I enjoyed this on the big screen. I get some grumbling, Geddy is giving us some great answers then a Buffon interrupts...shut up dude. The Guitar Center stuff you guys mention is funny. I like how Geddy answered the final tour question and I am filled with hope for the future of the band.

The outtakes, especially section 1, but also 2-4, were almost better than the show. A very interesting anecdote I didn't know about the lyrics for the first album.

Of course, he may just be saying that because it would excuse their quality.

I liked the extras a lot as well. But regarding the lyrics on the first album, he's told that story many times, and I've never quite bought it. They had been playing those songs live for awhile, so Geddy must have been singing something for them. My guess is that Geddy and the boys didn't love the lyrics they had, John was supposed to change them, he didn't, and Geddy just made some tweaks to what he was already doing.

Why is "Le Studio" in the shape it is in?

Makes you wonder doesn't it. An iconic place like that you would think would be at least preserved. By them at least if nobody else. Seems like a piece of rock history to me but what do I know.... :eh:
  • Like 1

Makes you wonder doesn't it. An iconic place like that you would think would be at least preserved. By them at least if nobody else. Seems like a piece of rock history to me but what do I know.... :eh:

Its sad,

You would think it would be preserved and well taken care of.

great show! i wish i could have been a fly on the wall for all the backstage stuff. wonder if geddy & john got to hang out & talk more. jim florentine is such a lucky guy to meet all his heroes.

Florentine is probably still kicking himself for is "Clockwork Oranges" question.

That was funny and I like the new format of the show. Now I see what everyone was saying with the COS shirt! I don't think the show was bad at all and I've heard when Eddie really interrupts people...this was nothing. Look alike Geddy really enjoyed himself, too.

• Like 2

This is old news by now, but I just watched the ep of That Metal Show today. Was pretty good overall. Liked Ged's answers on tour and album questions. Ged also cracked me up during the Stump Trunk section ("you get no guitar"). Just wish it could have been longer and more in depth, but I always wish for that :D. Edited by geddylennon