what album got you into music?

bathory

No album got me into music, but rock music did get me into albums. Probably the constant guitar playing and singing in my house from my Dad and both of my parents always playing James Taylor and David Wilcox for me (amongst other artists I don't remember as well) when I was young had me very much into music before I had any clue that I particularly liked it. I recal singing the main themes to Star Wars and Indiana Jones in the halls in fifth grade still before I was very aware that I loved music. My mom also forced me to take piano lessons for years before I ever really loved music, but I did like playing and I quickly learned the very basic theory by heart (I hated practicing and didn't much like lessons since my tutor was often mean though, so still def not into it at the time).

Everything really changed around the end of fifth grade when the junior high band came to advertise their program to us incoming sixth graders and literally all of my (three) friends in my grade wanted to join band. Between then and the start of sixth grade, after I had decided I would join my friends in band and play the alto saxophone, my dad borrowed some guitar hero games from his friend for me to play and I began paying attention to the classic rock radio stations my dad was always listening to at the time. It was a combination of classic rock radio, taking private saxophone lessons (with a different, inspirational, and immensely talented teacher who helped me discover my own musical talent through saxophone, leading me to become the best player in my junior high band), and guitar hero (at the local boys and girls club where the older kids got to play video games in the "teen room") that sparked my initial love of music, also explaining my eternal inclination towards classic rock over other styles and genres. From there come many more stories (having an iPad in 8th grade with iTunes and Pandora for one) created my journey into and through music, but it will always come back to classic rock and saxophone for me.

• Like 1

Oh, but my first albums were a large step in the process of getting into music. First were the Beatles' red album, the Stones' Hot Rocks, Queen's Greatest Hits (the good one), Daft Punk's Tron Legacy Soundract, and the remixed version of Daft Punk's Tron Legacy Soundtrack all from my best friend's iTunes library. Then the first albums I bought were Queen, Queen II, and 2112 just before Freshman year, followed quickly by Clockwork Angels which had just come out,
  • Like 1

My Mom and Dad were seriously into music - there was always something playing on the big console stereo and in the car . .

It was always positive, uplifting stuff - everything from Earth, Wind & Fire to Les Paul to The Ray Conniff Singers, and my Dad played the guitar, so that was a big part of it all . .

I enjoyed all that music so much, and the positive vibe ...

Same here...Carpenters, Brubeck, The Association, Brothers Four, Burl Ives..

Always positive and full of great melodies.

• Like 1

Saturday Night Fever

There is some fantastic music on that

What the heck happened ???

;)

I grew up.

I know you've still got that white suit in the closet...

Angel's Flight?

I remember making a tin foil disco ball and cranking SNF. :LOL:

• Like 1

Not sure what album but I would say either Sgt. Pepper's or the White album by the Beatles. After that I bought mainly singles for a while. Then somehow I heard Physical Graffiti. That was the first Zeppelin I had and it eventually turned me on to them.
  • Like 1

Saturday Night Fever

No joke. I love this album.

Kiss Alive.

My babysitters boyfriend brought it over and dropped the needle and said listen to this. I was enthralled with the album cover and inner jacket....while I sat their and got blown away with this thing cranking out of my parents sick hi fidelity turntable system.....he was on the front porch sucking face with my seriously hot babysitter.

And rock music was in my blood forever.

Edited by Todem

My mom listened to Donna Summer and The Shirelles and stuff when I was growing up.

I guess that counts? :dweez:

The Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack os an early influence that I remember...

"What the Buzz?"

Hahaha, my brother and I used to make our cat dance to Jesus Christ Superstar as kids!

That and the Thriller album too.

That poor cat!

The Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack os an early influence that I remember...

"What the Buzz?"

Hahaha, my brother and I used to make our cat dance to Jesus Christ Superstar as kids!

That and the Thriller album too.

That poor cat!

:LOL: