What decade does Permanent Waves really belong in?

Lorraine

Where I lived it ended after Signals, except for playing past material. But I tended to listen to traditional rock stations or college rock/alternative stations; maybe other kinds of stations played late '80s Rush. I guess someone must have.

It doesn't matter if Permanent Waves "feels" like a 1970's album.

It is a fact that it was officially released on January 1, 1980.

IMO it sounds like an 80's album, it is connected sound wise more toward MP and Signals than Hemispheres.

What a fool I was...

• Like 1

To anyone who believes PeW to be an 80s album based on the release date, I ask this question: Do you consider the Hammersmith Odeon show from 1978 released on Different Stages to be a 90s live recording?
  • Like 3

To anyone who believes PeW to be an 80s album based on the release date, I ask this question: Do you consider the Hammersmith Odeon show from 1978 released on Different Stages to be a 90s live recording?

Tru dat!

• Like 2

From a strictly non-humanities standpoint, this the most intelligent response I have seen on this topic.

You guys are on acid. It's "on a timeless wavelength" and belongs in every decade.

Let's debate something that matters like how long Geddy's shoelaces should be.

Pretty sure he's a double knot guy, but perhaps I am projecting.

On July 3, 1984... or was it *November 1, 1982? (had front row for the former (which was the latter) and third row for the latter (which was the former)). No matter. Either way my vantage point was such that pre-show at Market Square Arena in Indy, a friend and I could see through the underside of the stage back to the long corridor backstage. There stood the Gedinator speaking with someone. It appeared casual enough that it might have been a friend. At any rate, he didn't seem rushed (sorry). And guess what? He was in his socks! (as in no shoes) !

I absolve Lorraine of the sin of bumping. Go forth and spread the news! I have been me.

*Can you believe that as late as '82, the fellas was still trudging it to such an extent that they'd played Evansville the night before? A guy called Steve Baker posted the proof:

http://cygnus-x1.net...-10.31.1982.php

I didn't know this about Permanent Waves...

Although long held to a symbolic release date of January 1, 1980, it is believed that the album was released in the U.S. on January 14, 1980.

Edited by Na na na

From a strictly non-humanities standpoint, this the most intelligent response I have seen on this topic.

You guys are on acid. It's "on a timeless wavelength" and belongs in every decade.

On July 3, 1984... or was it *November 1, 1982? (had front row for the former (which was the latter) and third row for the latter (which was the former)). No matter. Either way my vantage point was such that pre-show at Market Square Arena in Indy, a friend and I could see through the underside of the stage back to the long corridor backstage. There stood the Gedinator speaking with someone. It appeared casual enough that it might have been a friend. At any rate, he didn't seem rushed (sorry). And guess what? He was in his socks! (as in no shoes) !

I absolve Lorraine of the sin of bumping. Go forth and spread the news! I have been me.

*Can you believe that as late as '82, the fellas was still trudging it to such an extent that they'd played Evansville the night before? A guy called Steve Baker posted the proof:

This was kind of sad.

This was kind of sad.

I am pretty sure the Capital Centre (U S Air Arena and all of the other names) has been gone for years but I could stand corrected or just look it up... :LOL: Edited by Narps

This was kind of sad.

I am pretty sure the Capital Centre (U S Air Arena and all of the other names) has been gone for years but I could stand corrected or just look it up... :LOL:

Not sure what you mean exactly. I was posting this because of the mention of Market Square Arena.

This was kind of sad.

I am pretty sure the Capital Centre (U S Air Arena and all of the other names) has been gone for years but I could stand corrected or just look it up... :LOL:

Not sure what you mean exactly. I was posting this because of the mention of Market Square Arena.

It's were I saw most of my Rush shows and many other great bands in my youth. I thought that this kind of thing was what the subject matter was about here and what saddened you. Never mind and apologies if I was mistaken... Edited by Narps