Your Top Five Albums To Take To A Desert Island (That Has Music Playing Facilities)

Segue Myles

Rush All The World's A Stage

Yes Yessongs

Yes Going For The One

UFO Strangers In The Night

AC/DC Let There Be Rock

Uh, no AFTK?? :huh:

It would be stuffed down my pants where nobody (male or female) would want to look. Truth is I got Rush already kicking major ass on a double album. I still get great Yes live with all their early greatness but I don't get Awaken/Parallels etc. unless I take GFTO. The pipe organ takes me places no other instrument can. I must have my live UFO and AC/DC at their very best also.....

I want to look.

Yes Yessongs

Yes Going For The One

AC/DC Let There Be Rock

It would be stuffed down my pants where nobody (male or female) would want to look. Truth is I got Rush already kicking major ass on a double album. I still get great Yes live with all their early greatness but I don't get Awaken/Parallels etc. unless I take GFTO. The pipe organ takes me places no other instrument can. I must have my live UFO and AC/DC at their very best also.....

I want to look.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.....

I'll go with:

Rush - Exit Stage Left

Zeppelin - How The West Was Won

Allmans - The Fillmore Concerts

G. Dead - 2 From The Vault

Govt Mule - Live With A Little Help From My Friends

Yes Yessongs

Yes Going For The One

AC/DC Let There Be Rock

I want to look.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.....

I was joking!

Lolsies

• Like 1

I'll play:

Rush - Permanent Waves

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing

Yes - Close to the Edge

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

King Crimson - Red

(and it kills me that I don't have Floyd, Marillion, Tool, Porcupine Tree, Zappa, King's X, Anathema, etc....)

• Like 1

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Rush - Power Windows

Yes - The Yes Album

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Nice list!

I have The Wall. Can't get into it but I must try again!

• Like 1

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Rush - Power Windows

Yes - The Yes Album

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

I will be interested to see the same list after you listen to Yessongs a bunch of times..... :)
  • Like 1

G. Dead - 2 From The Vault

Nice one.

I am almost shocked that I do not see Caress of Steel on your list. But I notice you went with all live albums, so that may explain it.

Well done!

Sugar - Copper Blue - for when I'm chasing something

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies - for when I'm doing something unspeakable to something

King Crimson - Red - for when I'm killing something

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden - for when I'm eating something

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue - for when I'm forlorn about what I've done to something

It changes day to day but right now

Elvis Costello-Imperial Bedroom

Rush-Hemispheres

Tom Waits-Mule Variations

Lindsey Buckingham-Gift of Screws

Tom Waits-Small Change

Mick

i told you mine changes.

So

The first 5 queen albums...............and i'm cheating and adding to more queen albums.

News of the World and Jazz.

70's queen. in the mood i'm in today.

all i need :drool:

Mick

Subject to change at any moment, but if I was running out of the house this very moment it would be:

Rush - Clockwork Angels (I picked this over AFTK, PeW, Hemispheres because it's longer!)

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

Ultravox - The Collection (a greatest hits album, since I can't choose)

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor

Nightwish - Imaginaerum

• Like 1

Subject to change at any moment, but if I was running out of the house this very moment it would be:

Rush - Clockwork Angels (I picked this over AFTK, PeW, Hemispheres because it's longer!)

Nightwish - Imaginaerum

Ha I see you really did enjoy that album! Fantastic stuff! Have you heard Dark Passion Play yet? That is one of my top five!

Ok one big change (no particular order btw):

1. Lacuna Coil- Karmacode

2. Nightwish- Dark Passion Play

3. Khoma- The Second Wave

4. The Juliana Theory- Love

5. Fleetwood Mac- Tusk

Nightwish - Imaginaerum

Ha I see you really did enjoy that album! Fantastic stuff! Have you heard Dark Passion Play yet? That is one of my top five!

For some reason I cannot buy stuff from iTunes on my computer (probably because I don't want to "upgrade" to v.11) so I need to get it another way. Now that you've reminded me I should go deal with that now...

• Like 1

Nightwish - Imaginaerum

For some reason I cannot buy stuff from iTunes on my computer (probably because I don't want to "upgrade" to v.11) so I need to get it another way. Now that you've reminded me I should go deal with that now...

Do so! DPP is a very personal album, and to get the most out of its lyrical depth you may just want to give a little glance at the bands history...but overall it is just a perfect album!

Nightwish - Imaginaerum

Do so! DPP is a very personal album, and to get the most out of its lyrical depth you may just want to give a little glance at the bands history...but overall it is just a perfect album!

Okay, downloading now on another computer :)

• Like 1

Nightwish - Imaginaerum

The first track is a thirteen minute roller coaster ride, deeply personal and absolutely perfect. My all time favourite epic

Nightwish - Imaginaerum

The first track is a thirteen minute roller coaster ride, deeply personal and absolutely perfect. My all time favourite epic

Okay, I've heard DPP a couple times now. I like it. I'm a fan of that big, bombastic sound. I do like Imaginaerum a lot more though—in part because Storytime is such a fabulous song, and it's what drew me in.

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 1