Our Relationships with other forums.

Pars123

Well, we have lasted here for 10 years. I was wondering, how many Rush Forums have come and gone over the years? The other forum I'm aware of is The Counterparts Forum and from what I've seen is that they have hard feeling against us.

This is from last year when the board was down for a day.

"Buy it! That would be hilarious, but we'd have to deal with the Mickey Mouse Club of Rush forum people coming here..."

"What if some of them complain?"

"f**k 'em. This ain't their board..."

I don't see them in any posts around here. What's your opinion on them? Anyone here from both forums?

I think I joined both this forum and Counterparts Forum simultaneously...but I ended up siding with this forum because cause whoever was running CP Forum at the time took their sweet ass time giving the OK to my account, whereas this place, I was able to sign up and post away almost immediately. Also, I like the vibe of the people here and enjoy interacting on here (didn't like what I saw on CP Forum tbh), and the layout here is easier on my eyes.
  • Like 2

This forum is mostly the only thing I do on a computer. I have never been to another forum and am guessing I never will. I can't even remember now how I found this one and what possessed me to sign up in the first place. I am pretty comfortable with this now but was very nervous at the beginning..... :)
  • Like 6

"Buy it! That would be hilarious, but we'd have to deal with the Mickey Mouse Club of Rush forum people coming here..."

Actually, that could be viewed as a legitimate criticism of the blinkered contempt that the rampant fanboy section on here display towards the wider community, even if it is couched in less than generous terms.

• Like 3

This forum is mostly the only thing I do on a computer. I have never been to another forum and am guessing I never will. I can't even remember now how I found this one and what possessed me to sign up in the first place. I am pretty comfortable with this now but was very nervous at the beginning..... :)

Well glad you are here!

I signed up because I was new to Rush and needed advice...which in all honesty I think I have been quite good at following!

• Like 2

Well glad you are here!

I signed up because I was new to Rush and needed advice...which in all honesty I think I have been quite good at following!

True that..... :codger:
  • Like 1

I had never heard of another Rush forum. But I took a little look at that other one and I didn't like it to much - it looks a bit like someone made it in their bedroom in my opinion. Don't think I need another Rush forum. This one's great and the people here are great. :)
  • Like 3

The CP thing is kind of a joke. Originally, counterparts was much busier and was a much rowdier place. It also was very cliquish. After the big crash it seemed a lot slower. Hell, I had to reregister since my original profile was lost. What you really want to hear about is tri-net. I was there for a while. The admin was a guy named Rudy who moderated it with the style and enthusiasm of hitler. If you criticized him, rush, or just pissed him off you were banned. If you asked where a banned member went you were banned. A lot of former tri-net people ended up here. That board imploded for obvious reasons. Fortunately I was turned on to this place by a member named music in the abstract who posts more over at CP.
  • Like 2

I have looked around at different bands forums, and this is by far the best. The diversity of our musical interests is amazing, I have learned so much from you guys! Especially the older ones...Moody Blues, Boston, Threshold, Anathema, Yes, Journey, Max Webster...and more! Thanks guys!
  • Like 2

The CP thing is kind of a joke. Originally, counterparts was much busier and was a much rowdier place. It also was very cliquish. After the big crash it seemed a lot slower. Hell, I had to reregister since my original profile was lost. What you really want to hear about is tri-net. I was there for a while. The admin was a guy named Rudy who moderated it with the style and enthusiasm of hitler. If you criticized him, rush, or just pissed him off you were banned. If you asked where a banned member went you were banned. A lot of former tri-net people ended up here. That board imploded for obvious reasons. Fortunately I was turned on to this place by a member named music in the abstract who posts more over at CP.

Rudy of Tri-Net was a paranoid megalomaniac, and if memory serves, he even suffered legal consequences due to his pathological behavior regarding Rush, the band, and their promoters/managers/record label.

Some former cohorts of Rudy broke away to form Counterparts. They, in turn, acted like dysfunctional children in running their site. They devoted much of their time and bandwidth to perpetuating their feud with Rudy. Their site was, not surprisingly, the opposite of the oppressive Tri-Net in that they held an "anything goes" moderation philosophy. In short, conflict was GOOD. They enjoyed and even contributed to any and all arguments - in-house as well as outside. Counterparts was/is the Jerry Springer Show; no class, trashy, and an embarrassment to all Rush fan organizations everywhere.

Those sites are irrelevent. All that matters is THE RUSH FORUM - a truly outstanding website with awesome administrators. :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 5

Can we start a non classy jerry springer fight?

Ok...here goes: My girlfriend cheated on my with a ham sandwich! Is this the father of our baby?

This is the only forum I belong to... and I do feel like I belong.

Thanks, everyone.

Me too. I've registered but never posted. Why bother? I'm focused on one site. 73 does a great job keeping the natives in check

• Like 2

Rudy of Tri-Net was a paranoid megalomaniac, and if memory serves, he even suffered legal consequences due to his pathological behavior regarding Rush, the band, and their promoters/managers/record label.

Some former cohorts of Rudy broke away to form Counterparts. They, in turn, acted like dysfunctional children in running their site. They devoted much of their time and bandwidth to perpetuating their feud with Rudy. Their site was, not surprisingly, the opposite of the oppressive Tri-Net in that they held an "anything goes" moderation philosophy. In short, conflict was GOOD. They enjoyed and even contributed to any and all arguments - in-house as well as outside. Counterparts was/is the Jerry Springer Show; no class, trashy, and an embarrassment to all Rush fan organizations everywhere.

Those sites are irrelevent. All that matters is THE RUSH FORUM - a truly outstanding website with awesome administrators. :haz: :haz: :haz:

I agree! This is a wonderful website with more than awesome administrators!

I am a member on several other forums but this is the only music based one. Other than the occasional oddball that pops up now and then I'd say this forum is pretty good. Could be moderated better, but then I've seen worse.

I had never heard of any other sites until I got on here and people starting talking about another forum called Counterparts.

From what I've heard, the CP forum is full of assholes. Never ventured over there to check, because like others have mentioned it's much easier to stick to one.

Also, the important reason: TRF has YBG.

• Like 3

I am a member on several other forums but this is the only Rush based one. Other than the occasional oddball that pops up now and then I'd say this forum is pretty good. Could be moderated better, but then I've seen worse.

Remember Inyo from "roklohama"? :facepalm:

• Like 1

I joined the German Rush forum a few years ago and found some great people there. It's a very small community with a hard core of about 15-20 people, keeping the whole thing alive. I left it one year ago because there's one arse there, who is kind of a "Besserwisser" (German for smartass) and that guy ruined it for me. I look from time to time what's going on there, but lost interest in endless political discussions.

Counterparts is another story. I was invited to join from a guy I met on a Rush concert. It sounded very interesting at the time, to join a forum in a foreign language. I was there for one or two days, but realized soon that the place sucks.

Finally I found TRF in 2011 and felt like home. Thanks guys for making me feel welcome (even if sometimes it feels like a fart in a space suit). :cheers:

Cheers Grey

ps As BowlCity said we have the YBG

• Like 4

I am a member on several other forums but this is the only Rush based one. Other than the occasional oddball that pops up now and then I'd say this forum is pretty good. Could be moderated better, but then I've seen worse.

I try not to.

• Like 2

Sorry that some of you have had negative experiences, or heard negative things about CP. Through the years I've been a member, a moderator and an admin over there, and any negative comments about TRF that you may have come across at our forum are from a few vocal individuals, and don't represent a forum wide attitude about TRF by our membership or administration.

I know that Julie and Ken, the founders of Counterparts, have always had a friendly, cooperative arrangement with the folks that run your site here, and have never said anything but positive things about TRF, it's admins, and membership in general. All of us have formed friendships outside of the board world in "real life" with TRF members, and any perception of ill-will is greatly exaggerated.

Yeah, we've got some pretty interesting characters over there, but once the shock of the "Free Speech Zone" policy of the site wears off a little, it's pretty entertaining. I hope you give us another shot sometime!

~ Casey

• Like 7

Well, we have lasted here for 10 years. I was wondering, how many Rush Forums have come and gone over the years? The other forum I'm aware of is The Counterparts Forum and from what I've seen is that they have hard feeling against us.

This is from last year when the board was down for a day.

"What if some of them complain?"

"f**k 'em. This ain't their board..."

I don't see them in any posts around here. What's your opinion on them? Anyone here from both forums?

People get tribal over stupid, insignificant crap all the time.

I've been a member of this forum since 2006 and can't imagine belonging anywhere else. I visited Counterparts a couple times over the years and each time was treated with no respect. One idiot in particular named Feverish Flux (thanks for ruining a great song!) insulted me and my mom using very course language! Only person worse that I've come across is someone named JARG but I don't think he posts there anymore.

Anyway, nothing but TRF for me! Sorry LaFellaStangiato.

• Like 1

Yes I do. He sent me several obnoxious private messages so I had to block him right off the bat.

I had never heard of any other sites until I got on here and people starting talking about another forum called Counterparts.

From what I've heard, the CP forum is full of assholes. Never ventured over there to check, because like others have mentioned it's much easier to stick to one.

Also, the important reason: TRF has YBG.

So because the moderation at Counterparts is very light, that means it's full of assholes? I'd heard that TRF was nothing but fawning fan boys and women that want to be lewd and lascivious with Geddy but after checking things out, I found out that's not the case (mostly). Nothing like relying on hearsay to form an opinion.

• Like 2