Why do people never include Feedback?

YYZumbi

I didn't really like it a lot at first, other than Crossroads and Heart Full of Soul. I think I was a Rush snob and thought these aren't their songs. Over the years, I realized that some of my favorite songs by other bands (thinking of VanHalen, DLR) were covers. They made them their own and they became songs of that band.

Rush really kills these songs - they are unbelievably well done. IMO - they are so much better than the originals, and so much more interesting.

I didn't know several of them at first, so to me, they were first time listens.

A good point of reference comes from my 8 and 11 year old - they love Crossroads, Heart Full of Soul and the Buffalo Springsteen song (name escapes me at the moment). They are all Rush songs to them - they don't know any different.

For what it's worth. :)

Bruce's older brother...... :)
  • Like 3

It doesn't have original material...duh!

So? Rush makes the covers better then the originals anyway, so it should still count!

They are not better than the originals only different. Example I would rather hear Buffalo Springfield do For What Its Worth. A great classic song from way back.....
  • Like 1

So? Rush makes the covers better then the originals anyway, so it should still count!

They are not better than the originals only different. Example I would rather hear Buffalo Springfield do For What Its Worth. A great classic song from way back.....

God damn.......i was just forgetting this thread, lol........WHY?!!!!

Mick

• Like 3

Mick

We thought of you first when reviving it. Boredom sucks so we knew you would be the first to appreciate it. x1yyz thought the same thing. She knew how much you enjoyed it the first time around. You're welcome in advance.... :)
  • Like 2

Mick

We thought of you first when reviving it. Boredom sucks so we knew you would be the first to appreciate it. x1yyz thought the same thing. She knew how much you enjoyed it the first time around. You're welcome in advance.... :)

BTW....working on your assignment.......it is pretty painful....particularly alex's album........but i won't give anything away. Thoughts in the albums thread later.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

BTW....working on your assignment.......it is pretty painful....particularly alex's album........but i won't give anything away. Thoughts in the albums thread later.

Mick

I honestly thought that you could come up with something awesome without even listening to them at all. Make sure you pay really close attention to every nuance of Vapor Trails. Every buzz, distortion and dog whistle in detail. Thanks..... :)

Mick

Mick

I honestly thought that you could come up with something awesome without even listening to them at all. Make sure you pay really close attention to every nuance of Vapor Trails. Every buzz, distortion and dog whistle in detail. Thanks..... :)

I probably don't even have to listen........but you threw down the gauntlet so i never back down from a challenge. lol.

Mick

Well let's just try it anyway. Which Rush album has the best lyrics? Where would Feedback rank?

Okay. Rush has 20 albums (including Feedback). I would rank Feedback #4720.

I've never heard it, (hopefully) never will. I'm just not interested in that sort of music regardless of who plays it.

Zumbi, Zumbi, Zumbi. :facepalm:

When an album is rated or judged it is done so on the merit of the song writing and lyrics as much as the playing and singing on it. Judging and album they wrote side by side with one that they didn't write is just stupid.

Hmmmm…. I dunno….. I do like Feedback better than Roll the Bones…. :P

There, that should get this pot stirred up nicely. :popcorn: :outtahere:

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I probably don't even have to listen........but you threw down the gauntlet so i never back down from a challenge. lol.

Mick

Excedrin may be necessary. Its optional and I will leave that up to you.....
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

You just want me to go on another rant a-la my 90's review.

you may kill me. lol

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

You just want me to go on another rant a-la my 90's review.

you may kill me. lol

Mick

Your rants are classic and done with no malice. Those are the best. There is a huge difference with folks being intentionally mean and a lighthearted rant as to what your true feelings are about an album or anything....
  • Like 2

Why do people never include the album Feedback when they are talking about Rush albums?

1. Because it sucks.

2. Because it isn't original to them. I think this is true for many bands. If they took the time to make a record of cover songs that influenced them, not many would include that when talking about the band's discography. Probably only the hardest of the hard core. If I want to hear Summertime Blues, I'll find the Blue Cheer version which is infinitely better than the Rush version. The same goes for the rest of it too.

• Like 1

Well let's just try it anyway. Which Rush album has the best lyrics? Where would Feedback rank?

I've never heard it, (hopefully) never will. I'm just not interested in that sort of music regardless of who plays it.

When an album is rated or judged it is done so on the merit of the song writing and lyrics as much as the playing and singing on it. Judging and album they wrote side by side with one that they didn't write is just stupid.

[insert witty retort here]

[insert lengthy reply as to why this poster was wrong]

[insert random jab at Zumbi just because]

;)

• Like 5

;)

I dig the format!

• Like 4

It's cover songs, therefore not Rush in my opinion. I don't mind people doing covers personally, because sometimes they're good. I think Blue Cheer's cover of "Summertime Blues" is very good. I listened to Feedback but just couldn't get into it.

;)

I would highly recommend that folks around here stay on x1yyz's good side. She is certainly a sweetie but..... :LOL:
  • Like 1

;)

I would highly recommend that folks around here stay on x1yyz's good side. She is certainly a sweetie but..... :LOL:

:whip: :whipgirl:

:angel:

• Like 1

So? Rush makes the covers better then the originals anyway

Err...no, they really don't.

They absolutely MURDER For What its Worth, and though The Seeker is a semi-decent rendition it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

• Like 2

;)

:whip: :whipgirl:

:angel:

Now I may have to reconsider..... :)
  • Like 1

I really enjoy Feedback. I will listen to it much more than S&A, Presto, and more than about 2/3s of RTB, HYF, TFE and Counterparts.