Why do people never include Feedback?

YYZumbi

Never bought or cared to listen to the album. It'd be cool to hear them whip out a cover in concert. I think that would neat and rockin. But, listening to them put a "spin" on songs I already heard from artists I like...meh

The cover songs they played during the R30 tour felt like they were wasting room for other Rush songs.

• Like 1

Why do people never include the album Feedback when they are talking about Rush albums?

I know its a cover album, but to me, its a damn good one, and it deserves to be included in lists.

Why did you ignore Signals in all of your polls?

What?

All of your recent polls. How could you ignore that album?

Ignore? Its lots of albums that I dident used, what have this to do with Feedback...?

Because this is the third time I am asking you the question and you didn't answer me the first two times I asked it.

You are a squeaky wheel too.

I havent seen you ask that question before, if you really wanted a answer, why dident you send me a message then?

Because it didn't strike me as being private asking why a Rush album wasn't being included in a plethora of Rush album poll threads.

Then dont blame me because I dident see it, its your own damn fault.

You've got quite the temper, but you know how to bug people endlessly when it is something you want.

No one is blaming you for anything. All I wanted was an answer to a simple question.

You've just lost one of the few friends you have on here.

And you got the answer on your question as well!

Friends? This is the internet, girl! And besides. What do you know of who is my friends on here?

Why do people never include the album Feedback when they are talking about Rush albums?

I know its a cover album, but to me, its a damn good one, and it deserves to be included in lists.

What?

Ignore? Its lots of albums that I dident used, what have this to do with Feedback...?

Because this is the third time I am asking you the question and you didn't answer me the first two times I asked it.

I havent seen you ask that question before, if you really wanted a answer, why dident you send me a message then?

Because it didn't strike me as being private asking why a Rush album wasn't being included in a plethora of Rush album poll threads.

You've got quite the temper, but you know how to bug people endlessly when it is something you want.

No one is blaming you for anything. All I wanted was an answer to a simple question.

Friends? This is the internet, girl! And besides. What do you know of who is my friends on here?

Well whatever "friends" are on here you are losing some as we speak...... Geez :smash:
  • Like 6

Ummmmmm.... for a Rush album to be a Rush album, it should meet two criteria. One, it must be Rush performing on the album. Two, it must be their music (or primarily their music - I would be willing to accept an album that had, say, one cover on it).

Should we include "Working Man - A Tribute to Rush" on these lists?

No. Of course not, it only meets one of the two criteria.

That said, I would argue the Rush tribute album is more a Rush album than Feedback because it is at least music written and originally performed by Rush. I would be willing to bet the members of the band would laugh at the notion of Feeback ever being considered "theirs". It was a side project for them. Something they did because they wanted to do it to get back to their roots as a local cover band. Not something they intended for us to take seriously.

• Like 2

Zumbi, Zumbi, Zumbi. :facepalm:

When an album is rated or judged it is done so on the merit of the song writing and lyrics as much as the playing and singing on it. Judging and album they wrote side by side with one that they didn't write is just stupid.

• Like 1

Well let's just try it anyway. Which Rush album has the best lyrics? Where would Feedback rank?

Okay. Rush has 20 albums (including Feedback). I would rank Feedback #4720.

I've never heard it, (hopefully) never will. I'm just not interested in that sort of music regardless of who plays it.

I buy all their albums with live or studio songs that they composed but skipped feedback and some compilation with no new content, when they played feedback songs live I kept thinking about what they could have played instead,
  • Like 1

Well let's just try it anyway. Which Rush album has the best lyrics? Where would Feedback rank?

I've never heard it, (hopefully) never will. I'm just not interested in that sort of music regardless of who plays it.

Then how can you rank it, if you havent even heard it? What if you listen to it once and then just love it! Better then the original songs.

Edited by YYZumbi

I do really like the cover of Summertime Blues. But the covers aren't spectacular. It reminds me of Dream Theater's covers. Never really impressive. Neither make the songs their own.

But it's more of an EP. I don't consider Nill Reccuring a Porcupine Tree album even though it's about 30 minutes long and it has original material

• Like 1

Then how can you rank it, if you havent even heard it? What if you listen to it once and then just love it! Better then the original songs.

Maybe in your opinion. However, there are plenty among us who may think that at least some of the covers are inferior to the originals, myself among them. Maybe you should try to figure out why most fans ignore Feedback before making a mess like this thread.

• Like 1

I don't hate Feedback. I just take it for what it is. A little side project fun (much like Metallica's Garage Days work). And I honestly think their covers of The Seeker, Mr. Soul, and Crossroads were great... key word, though.... covers. Crossroads (more correctly Cross Road Blues), regardless of who covers it, whether it be Elmore James, Clapton/Cream, or Rush... is still a Robert Johnson song.

It is also pretty cool that the group jam the night of the RRHOF induction that included Rush was also Crossroads. But, really, the other artists involved in that, namely Public Enemy and RUN DMC, likely agreed to that song because it is a *Robert Johnson* song and the implied use of a *Robert Johnson* song as a bridge between the various genres and social backgrounds that particular night made total sense. Sure, Rush probably had a great amount of influence in the selection of that song (they obviously love it and had some practice with it), but at no point do I think Neil, Alex, or Geddy ever said, "Hey guys, why don't we play *our* song Crossroads?"

• Like 1

Boy somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today. I've heard the album but don't really care for it. I can understand why they did it but I don't think they really improved a whole lot on the originals.
  • Like 3

See bolded bit, above.

What?

Well whatever "friends" are on here you are losing some as we speak...... Geez :smash:

I want to be friends with all of you guys, and I don't want to take sides! But everybody needs to calm down because I know you all have a good sense of humor! But, I do think people are ganging up on Zumbi. But I don't want to start anything I'm just putting my piece in. Respect to all of you but anyways, This topic has to do with Feedback, nothing else. So I'm just going to talk about Feedback. Feedback is not an album, it's an EP. I personally don't like it.

• Like 1

Never bought or cared to listen to the album. It'd be cool to hear them whip out a cover in concert. I think that would neat and rockin. But, listening to them put a "spin" on songs I already heard from artists I like...meh

I feel the opposite. We have so few concerts left that I'd rather hear original songs I haven't heard live, even if they're songs that I'm not in love with. But I still enjoy having some covers that Rush recorded on an EP. We heard a few on R30, and that was enough. Back to the originals, thankyouverymuch.

• Like 1

I don't mind Feedback. It is interesting to hear their take on well known songs. They still sound like Rush.

I don't think they are better than the originals (how could anyone do a better version of For What It's Worth). But, I've never heard a cover of a Rush song that was better than the original either.

• Like 2

I bought Feedback and listened to it a couple times but that was all. IMHO, it was a completely unnecessary album for them to make. I would go so far as to say it was a waste of their time. It’s not a bad album it’s just not Rush. I think most if not all of us hardcore fans would rather they spend their time on new original material.
  • Like 1

I didn't really like it a lot at first, other than Crossroads and Heart Full of Soul. I think I was a Rush snob and thought these aren't their songs. Over the years, I realized that some of my favorite songs by other bands (thinking of VanHalen, DLR) were covers. They made them their own and they became songs of that band.

Rush really kills these songs - they are unbelievably well done. IMO - they are so much better than the originals, and so much more interesting.

I didn't know several of them at first, so to me, they were first time listens.

A good point of reference comes from my 8 and 11 year old - they love Crossroads, Heart Full of Soul and the Buffalo Springsteen song (name escapes me at the moment). They are all Rush songs to them - they don't know any different.

I didn't really like it a lot at first, other than Crossroads and Heart Full of Soul. I think I was a Rush snob and thought these aren't their songs. Over the years, I realized that some of my favorite songs by other bands (thinking of VanHalen, DLR) were covers. They made them their own and they became songs of that band.

Rush really kills these songs - they are unbelievably well done. IMO - they are so much better than the originals, and so much more interesting.

I didn't know several of them at first, so to me, they were first time listens.

A good point of reference comes from my 8 and 11 year old - they love Crossroads, Heart Full of Soul and the Buffalo Springsteen song (name escapes me at the moment). They are all Rush songs to them - they don't know any different.

For what it's worth. :)

• Like 2