Tommy Ramone Dies

Xanadoood

RIP I like the Ramones, its a shame that they are all gone. If I ever had a cover band, it would be for them. They provided an awesome energy that has no match. :no:
  • Like 2

Never been a huge fan as I was an out and out Classic Rock fan .

But I got to see them supporting U2 at Milton Keynes in 85 .

I had respect for them after that day .

R.I.P. :rose:

Edited by By Tor
  • Like 1

Very sad news, indeed.

:rose: Rest in Peace and thank you Tommy. :rose:

I can only imagine a vey high energy reunion gig in Heaven.

"One, Two, Three, Four!"

10552472_10152458044665379_6179466130323498193_n.jpg

"It wasn't just music in The Ramones: it was an idea. It was bringing back a whole feel that was missing in rock music – it was a whole push outwards to say

something new and different. Originally it was just an artistic type of thing; finally I felt it was something that was good enough for everybody." - Tommy Ramone, 1978

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 3

I was never a fan of The Ramones, but after growing older I can certainly appreciate their impact and influence on music. Any band that came after them, from the late 70's through the early 90's grunge to right now, who claim to be punk or punk influenced owes everything to them.

When I was in high school in CT, from '81-'85 and for a year or so afterwards until I we moved away to college, I had a friend who was huge Ramones fan (he claimed to have seen them over 20 times) and he would torture me with Ramones music if he drove us to school. I, being in the peak of my RUSH geekocity, was in hell and reciprocated the deed by torturing him with RUSH when I drove. From those days onward it was easy to hear their influence on so many of the bands that have come and gone. Way more than RUSH have. Sure RUSH has influenced many bands, but The Ramones were pioneers of a genre of music that still exists today.

There is a documentary about The Ramones, basically interviews with the band and of those close to the band at the time, which gives a great history of The Ramones. It was made in '04, recorded just before Dee Dee died released afterward. Here's a link.

To a geezer like me it was a real time machine. The original member are all dead now. Is there any other band to have all of it's founding members gone?

Rest in peace Tommy.

• Like 2

I was never a fan of The Ramones, but after growing older I can certainly appreciate their impact and influence on music. Any band that came after them, from the late 70's through the early 90's grunge to right now, who claim to be punk or punk influenced owes everything to them.

When I was in high school in CT, from '81-'85 and for a year or so afterwards until I we moved away to college, I had a friend who was huge Ramones fan (he claimed to have seen them over 20 times) and he would torture me with Ramones music if he drove us to school. I, being in the peak of my RUSH geekocity, was in hell and reciprocated the deed by torturing him with RUSH when I drove. From those days onward it was easy to hear their influence on so many of the bands that have come and gone. Way more than RUSH have. Sure RUSH has influenced many bands, but The Ramones were pioneers of a genre of music that still exists today.

There is a documentary about The Ramones, basically interviews with the band and of those close to the band at the time, which gives a great history of The Ramones. It was made in '04, recorded just before Dee Dee died released afterward. Here's a link.

To a geezer like me it was a real time machine. The original member are all dead now. Is there any other band to have all of it's founding members gone?

Rest in peace Tommy.

Allow me to second this recommendation. This is a great documentary, even if you arent a big Ramones fan. Very interesting.

• Like 1