Narp, how goes the delve into the later career?

The Analog Cub

I must say that this late 80's and 90's stuff so far is making VT look good..... :unsure:

Gotten to Turn the Page yet? The bass line is killer.

Go back a couple of pages, you'll have to dig through all the loony stuff we've posted in here, Turn The Page was one of the ones he was okay with.

I must say that this late 80's and 90's stuff so far is making VT look good..... :unsure:

That was one of the 3 songs on the album that I stated I would listen to again and like.... :cheers:

Anyone who hates The Speed of Love is crazy. It's one of the most glorious songs they've ever written

Fixed.

Something got lost in the translation. I fixed it.

I never knew you were fluent in opposite.

• Like 1

That was one of the 3 songs on the album that I stated I would listen to again and like.... :cheers:

Ahhh...yes..

(to yes)

• Like 3

Go back a couple of pages, you'll have to dig through all the loony stuff we've posted in here, Turn The Page was one of the ones he was okay with.

Goose has much better things to do than read through pages of drivel..... :)

Insult to injury.

So wait... Maybe I'm just a little slow here/out of the loop, but Narp have you never listened to alot of Rush's back catalog? Or are you just relistening to everything for the first time in a long time? Apologies for my ignorance. Just curious...

Define "back catalog"?..... :)

Insult to injury.

:hug2:

So wait... Maybe I'm just a little slow here/out of the loop, but Narp have you never listened to alot of Rush's back catalog? Or are you just relistening to everything for the first time in a long time? Apologies for my ignorance. Just curious...

I don't know.. anything Rush has written over the past 40 years, besides MP, 2112, Fly By Night, CA, and PeW...

You too - "loony stuff"? Is that what you think of Rush fans discussing Rush albums? Loony stuff?

I'm going to go listen to the down the tubes album.

I don't know.. anything Rush has written over the past 40 years, besides MP, 2112, Fly By Night, CA, and PeW...

The truth is everything from 87' - 07'. I have heard some of it but am making an effort to listen to all of it in order again. Presto tomorrow..... :scared:
  • Like 1

You too - "loony stuff"? Is that what you think of Rush fans discussing Rush albums? Loony stuff?

:|

"Loony" as in playful banter, not loony in a derogatory sense.

Yes, like creating pages of drivel.
  • Like 4

I was just teasing you. ;)

• Like 1

Damn BC, this thread has about a week of life left in it at least.... :)
  • Like 1

The truth is everything from 87' - 07'. I have heard some of it but am making an effort to listen to all of it in order again. Presto tomorrow..... :scared:

You'll have to make some effort to get through that. And for a payoff that Sisyphus would find unsatisfying.

Maybe you should have a few drinks first before you listen to it. :macallan:

• Like 1

You'll have to make some effort to get through that. And for a payoff that Sisyphus would find unsatisfying.

Google is my friend.....
  • Like 1

pfrushfan: Narpski is an old-school fan and loves everything up until the mid-80s. Then, like some of us, he stopped listening when the band changed directions. His current project is to listen to the crappy later albums and see what he thinks now.

Edit: Clockwork Angels is an honorary old album, and is therefore good! And sure, I'll endure the ire of others and throw Vapor Trails in there, too!

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 3

Maybe you should try accepting the music for what it is and attempt to enjoy it on it's own merits rather than having preconcieved expectations about what it should sound like.

Stop being such a diva.

Seriously, Prime Mover is an awesome song. Check out the live version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjlU6lC_CmY

• Like 1

A nod to T4E, LABT?

pfrushfan: Narpski is an old-school fan and loves everything up until the mid-80s. Then, like some of us, he stopped listening when the band changed directions. His current project is to listen to the crappy later albums and see what he thinks now.

Edit: Clockwork Angels is an honorary old album, and is therefore good! And sure, I'll endure the ire of others and throw Vapor Trails in there, too!

My lips never even moved......
  • Like 1

Maybe you should try accepting the music for what it is and attempt to enjoy it on it's own merits rather than having preconcieved expectations about what it should sound like.

Stop being such a diva.

Seriously, Prime Mover is an awesome song. Check out the live version:

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZjlU6lC_CmY

I figured that this was coming sooner or later. I would prefer to just enjoy what I truly like to listen too just like I would imagine you do. This may seem silly to you but "we" are having some fun with it and freely posting and offering our opinions on these recordings and each on their own merits. I am not comparing them to what came before although I have done that on this forum many times as many others have many times. I thought this forum was supposed to be fun and informative at the same time..... Cheers
  • Like 5

I just finished listening to Hold Your Fire. To be honest the majority of it is torture to my ears. It sounds like a bad Journey album but without the great ballads is the best way I can describe it. I would listen to Force Ten, Mission and maybe Turn The Page again. The rest, no thanks. When I got to Tai Shan I couldn't take more than 2 minutes of it and skipped the rest. High Water the same. Hope I didn't miss some "great guitar solo" or something by doing that. Something tells me I didn't. That album couldn't ever possibly grow on me. Just my opinion for what its worth....

I can't say I blame you. It took me a lonnnng time to get into that era of their music. They changed so much and not really for the better I thought. But I'm finding as the years go on I appreciate the stuff a lot more. Hearing it live really makes a big difference.

• Like 3