Narp, how goes the delve into the later career?

The Analog Cub

Done. I am going back to re-listen to a few of them..... Scars is way cool I gotta give it up.....

I am pretty shocked you enjoyed the album. In curious as to what you thought of Superconductor, Hand Over Fist, and Available

Light

I am re-listening now. I can say there doesn't appear to be a sh*t song on the whole thing. I may have to get one of these after all...... :LOL:

il_570xN.602807892_4gpp.jpg

You disappoint me, Narp

You complete me, Narp, with your new-found love of Presto.

I am kind of stoked to be honest and thanks for the kind words..... :haz:

Presto is a top 10 Rush album IMO

Me love presto

(although I will admit superconductor is pretty terrible)

This surprises me too. A LOT. :LOL: Though I don't think the Wal bass is as farty on Presto as it is on HYF. It sounds much more like the jazz.

This surprises me too. A LOT. :LOL: Though I don't think the Wal bass is as farty on Presto as it is on HYF. It sounds much more like the jazz.

A question if I may. That's not the same bass being used on Presto as HYF is it?.... :huh:

Also Narp - you probably have stated this before but for my sake - how are you listening? Headphones, speakers?

Headphones and it sounded pretty awesome. Especially Superconductor.... :LOL:

A question if I may. That's not the same bass being used on Presto as HYF is it?.... :huh:

Yes. The Wal.

I believe it's the Wal, yeah.

Yes. The Wal.

Then why the f**k does it sound so up front and powerful and incredibly awesome on Presto and so sh*tty on HYF?....

Also Narp - you probably have stated this before but for my sake - how are you listening? Headphones, speakers?

Headphones and it sounded pretty awesome. Especially Superconductor.... :LOL:

Superconductor... The biggest victim of the Hine production. On any other record (save RTB) it would have sounded good, but on Presto, with its production, it really takes the edge off of the guitar part.

Yes. The Wal.

Then why the f**k does it sound so up front and powerful and incredibly awesome on Presto and so sh*tty on HYF?....

Just goes to show you how they record something can really make the difference. Maybe Geddy thought the tone was too farty as well.

Stay tuned boys and girls its Roll The Bones tomorrow and I have heard this one once before but never again. We shall see what tomorrow brings.....
  • Like 1

Yes. The Wal.

Just goes to show you how they record something can really make the difference. Maybe Geddy thought the tone was too farty as well.

Farty is the best way I can describe it too. I may try that one again unofficially just to be sure I hate it....
  • Like 1

Stay tuned boys and girls its Roll The Bones tomorrow and I have heard this one once before but never again. We shall see what tomorrow brings.....

Clearly a man of good taste here...

Edited by len(songs)

Clearly a man of good taste here...

My wife thinks so (in women) but as for this forum it would depend on who you ask..... :LOL:

WOW. Haven't checked in with this thread all day and I find this. Definitely the opposite of what I anticipated. I hate this album to death but Narp I am very pleased you found a post p/g album you like. :cheers:

Btw not to ruin your night but that bass at the beginning of Scars? That ain't Geddy. That's a sequencer. I will say the drum patterns in that are cool. If you listen closely you'll find that Neil has been incorporating Scars's drum patterns into his solos!

WOW. Haven't checked in with this thread all day and I find this. Definitely the opposite of what I anticipated. I hate this album to death but Narp I am very pleased you found a post p/g album you like. :cheers:

Btw not to ruin your night but that bass at the beginning of Scars? That ain't Geddy. That's a sequencer. I will say the drum patterns in that are cool. If you listen closely you'll find that Neil has been incorporating Scars's drum patterns into his solos!

I Wiki'd the album and read about the sequencer and the making of the album in general. I was as surprised as anyone that I enjoyed it but that is what this is all about I suppose. I truthfully never found myself bored or wanting to forward through any of it. RTB tomorrow.....
  • Like 1

Done. I am going back to re-listen to a few of them..... Scars is way cool I gotta give it up.....

I am pretty shocked you enjoyed the album. In curious as to what you thought of Superconductor, Hand Over Fist, and Available

Light

I am re-listening now. I can say there doesn't appear to be a sh*t song on the whole thing. I may have to get one of these after all...... :LOL:

Woah! I leave for a couple hours and come back to find this!

Maybe this means I should listen to Presto again myself?

• Like 3

Narps, i don't understand how you like Presto and not HYF. Both have that eighties sound (at least to me they do). And if you want to talk "disco-y" songs, Scars is the most disco-y song they did.

You mean The Weapon...

Scars sounds like it belongs in a disco. The Weapon doesn't.

You know what sounded like it belonged in a disco? A couple instances of Red Sector A on this last tour. Twice, where I was sitting, the mix was really bass-heavy and the song sounded like it had a heavy dance beat (which it kinda does, it's just pushed down in the album mix). It was quite disconcerting, to have this cool dancey beat combined with intense, somber lyrics.

• Like 1

Light

:rose: I feel like I cheated on you.... :LOL:

Light

Oh no, Narpie, you could have at least cheated with Hemispheres!

:hug2:

• Like 2

Light

I will at least give you my solemn oath never to cheat on you with HYF..... :madra:

Light

I will at least give you my solemn oath never to cheat on you with HYF..... :madra:

Thank goodness! You're bound to catch something from her :scared:

Light

:LMAO:

Light

Shit, do I need to get tested or something? :o

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 1