Narp, how goes the delve into the later career?

The Analog Cub

Hey! Where's My F ing Thing? This is my kind of Rush. A an entire album of this would suit me just fine..... :dweez:

My least favorite instrumental, yet still a good one. They've never done a bad instrumental.

• Like 3

The Big Wheel. Things are getting a rough at the moment. I trudge on onward..... :)

Just wait until you get to the last two. Along with HYF and CP easily my least favorite closing duo.

You don't like Cold Fire and Everyday Glory? :o

The Big Wheel. Things are getting a rough at the moment. I trudge on onward..... :)

Just wait until you get to the last two. Along with HYF and CP easily my least favorite closing duo.

Cold Fire was a bit of a letdown after the opening riff. Everyday Glory is just boring.

Cold Fire was a bit of a letdown after the opening riff. Everyday Glory is just boring.

Huh. To each their own I guess!

I guess it goes to show how hard it is to put great songs and sound together for 45 straight minutes.....

Narps, are you up to Ghost Of A Chance?

On it now. Not so good. My computer is going to restart in 4 minutes too.... :rage:

Narpski, be careful. I was just told by a Rush fan that I can't be a true Rush fan because I don't like Snakes & Arrows. I'm serious too.

:facepalm: :sigh: Snakes and Arrows, after Far Cry, becomes essentially a droning mess of mid-tempo mush with the odd instrumental here and there to at least KIND of redeem it. Vapor Trails at least had some energy to it despite the horrible production (I love VTR by the way). S&A gets boring after one and a half songs, and the only other things worth listening to are the instrumentals.

There are folks here and God bless em that think you must love (or at least like alot) everything they have ever done. The conversation to me is much better when there is civil discourse on the merits of each recording. Pros and cons and why. That's just me however..... :codger:

Yeah, but you don't do that. You just dismiss anything that doesn't rock out like it's the summer of '77.. I can appreciate and understand why Rush has changed it up and tried to stay relevant . If they had only sounded like 77 forever, no one would give a shit.

Don't take this offensively, but it seems musically you never grew . You like stuff from your youth cause it brings back good memories and that's that.. Nothing wrong with that, but some of us embrace musical change.

An album like S&A is sublime with some great guitar layering from Alex.. Especilly his accoustic playing.. IMO of course .

Narpski, be careful. I was just told by a Rush fan that I can't be a true Rush fan because I don't like Snakes & Arrows. I'm serious too.

:facepalm: :sigh: Snakes and Arrows, after Far Cry, becomes essentially a droning mess of mid-tempo mush with the odd instrumental here and there to at least KIND of redeem it. Vapor Trails at least had some energy to it despite the horrible production (I love VTR by the way). S&A gets boring after one and a half songs, and the only other things worth listening to are the instrumentals.

There are folks here and God bless em that think you must love (or at least like alot) everything they have ever done. The conversation to me is much better when there is civil discourse on the merits of each recording. Pros and cons and why. That's just me however..... :codger:

Yeah, but you don't do that. You just dismiss anything that doesn't rock out like it's the summer of '77.. I can appreciate and understand why Rush has changed it up and tried to stay relevant . If they had only sounded like 77 forever, no one would give a shit.

Don't take this offensively, but it seems musically you never grew . You like stuff from your youth cause it brings back good memories and that's that.. Nothing wrong with that, but some of us embrace musical change.

An album like S&A is sublime with some great guitar layering from Alex.. Especilly his accoustic playing.. IMO of course .

I can respect that opinion.....

My computer restarted :fuckinputer: I am on the last song now. Side two is pretty bad I must say. Forgettable at best.... :(

Anyone else think Narp was lucky with his computer? He has to postpone listening to Neurotica and You Bet Your Life, which should be within any reasonable definition of "lucky"...

:LMAO: x 10

BTW. I like this guy^^^^^^^^

Edited by Narpski

Re: Presto: I have never seen a more beautifully-designed album cover with such goofy subject matter. I love the cover. But I think it also reflects what is inside the grooves of the record (last Rush album I bought on vinyl): cute and fluffy, with a couple of exceptions (bunnies with teeth). Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

My simple assessment is that side one is good and side 2 is pedestrian at best. Just my opinion of course.....
  • Like 1