Narp, how goes the delve into the later career?

The Analog Cub

I think half of HYF and half of RTB would make a great album. In its totality Presto is far better than either of them as a whole. Just my opinion.....

Now there's a challenge...I'm gonna take 5 from HYF and 5 from RTB and make an album.

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

I'd listen to that album without any problems.

• Like 1

I think half of HYF and half of RTB would make a great album. In its totality Presto is far better than either of them as a whole. Just my opinion.....

Side one of RTB and which side of HYF? Not side two I assume. Despite Mission, Lock And Key, and Turn The Page, I don't think Tai Shan and High Water make for a truly great album. I suppose you could take the best songs from either side and make a new one...

There"s some good on both sides of HYF.....

Now there's a challenge...I'm gonna take 5 from HYF and 5 from RTB and make an album.

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

That would work. Listening to Turn The Page now and it belongs......

Side one of RTB and which side of HYF? Not side two I assume. Despite Mission, Lock And Key, and Turn The Page, I don't think Tai Shan and High Water make for a truly great album. I suppose you could take the best songs from either side and make a new one...

There"s some good on both sides of HYF.....

That'a true, I was just giving the last two tracks a hard time :P

I might need to get RTB and HYF on CD so I can make this super album in a playlist.

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

Damn, this should've been the actual album! Hold Your Bones! :laughing guy:

And look, this one has an instrumental on it. Fixes the problem most of the 80's had, where apart from YYZ they were nonexistent.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

Yeah...still can't warm up to Roll the Bones. I have a friend who made a truncated version, without the rap bit, and I still don't really like the song. I like many of the other choices, though.

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

I am not going to "fix" your post to something more obvious. There are ladies present...... :)
  • Like 2

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

I wouldn't. Where is Time Stand Still?

I edited this to remove the first post copied. I must have clicked the "quote" instead of the "like" button.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

Yeah...still can't warm up to Roll the Bones. I have a friend who made a truncated version, without the rap bit, and I still don't really like the song. I like many of the other choices, though.

Roll The Bones is okay with me as long as I listen to the Rush in Rio or R30 version :haz:

Sacrifices had to be made for the constraints I put upon myself.

I guess I could remove Force Ten for Time Stand Still but that would hurt.

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

And look, this one has an instrumental on it. Fixes the problem most of the 80's had, where apart from YYZ they were nonexistent.

So what would the cover art be?

• Like 1

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

So what would the cover art be?

I don't know, but I'm sure if you asked Alex Lifeson he'd have a wonderfully gross idea :LOL:

You could easily get rid of the soft rock songs for F10...Mission, Bravado, Ghost of a Chance

You could easily get rid of the soft rock songs for F10...Mission, Bravado, Ghost of a Chance

I forced myself to pick 5 from each album, so the last two aren't an option. And I like Mission more than I like Force Ten, so...yeah :(

If I didn't constrain myself to 5 from each album you bet your ass Bravado's out the door.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

1. Force Ten

2. Prime Mover

3. Roll The Bones

4. Mission

5. Dreamline

6. Lock and Key

7. Ghost Of A Chance

8. Bravado

9. Where's My Thing?

10. Turn The Page

I am not going to "fix" your post to something more obvious. There are ladies present...... :)

What about dogs! :P

I've got to agree; I actually LIKE some of "Pissto" although alot of it is a sign of just how $h*tty things would become...but it's not NEARLY as bad as some of the diverticulitis that is on "Dull that Drones."

I mean, if it wasn't RUSH that recorded such a sh*tacular album would ANYONE here ever seriously FORCE themselves to even LISTEN to it let alone LIKE it?

"The Big Wheel?"

"Neurotica"??

F*ckin' "Face Up"???

"Heresy"????

"You Bet Your F'n Life"??????!?!!?!!!!

These songs SUCK @$$! And the fact that RUSH of all bands wrote and recorded them, makes the suckage exponentially and logarithmically unbearable!!!

And don't EVEN get me started on "Bravado." If there was one song that drones on forever that is more boring than watching cancer spread, I can't think of it. And to add insult to injury, for some reason every few years Rush busts THIS song out to torture us all live. And, you can't even take a bathroom break during it because the opening verse triggers automatic incontinence, just enough time to clear open the ole chute before Rush sneak up and play something else truly @$$ worthy such as "Cold Fire" or "Available $h*t"...which thankfully, they never will, bless their hearts.

Yeah, this guy is gettin' ignored. This thread is supposed to be fun then like usual Spaghetti Lee comes in with his 12-year old "humor" covered posts. Really surprised that the admins/mods haven't done anything about him yet.

I don't want to encourage but I get a chuckle out of them sometimes.

That's the point! :)

And if someone is sooooooooooooooooo uptight about discussions of Rush (the purpose of a forum) both good and bad (and silly) then by all means ignore me to your heart's delight. :) If you're THAT offended because someone can't stand "Everyday Gloryhole" whilst you view it as the soundtrack of your life, then by all means hit that "ignore" button as fast as I hit the "stop" button the second that song comes on every time!

Don't blame ME if Rush wrote a poop-chute-lube'r. I just call them out when they do.

When people talk about how much they hate Rush songs that I love, I don't get all pissy and instantly demand they be BANNED like a Marxist liberal...I just laugh along WITH them!!!

"It don't make me no nevermind" ha ha ha...

• Like 2

I've got to agree; I actually LIKE some of "Pissto" although alot of it is a sign of just how $h*tty things would become...but it's not NEARLY as bad as some of the diverticulitis that is on "Dull that Drones."

I mean, if it wasn't RUSH that recorded such a sh*tacular album would ANYONE here ever seriously FORCE themselves to even LISTEN to it let alone LIKE it?

"The Big Wheel?"

"Neurotica"??

F*ckin' "Face Up"???

"Heresy"????

These songs SUCK @$$! And the fact that RUSH of all bands wrote and recorded them, makes the suckage exponentially and logarithmically unbearable!!!

And don't EVEN get me started on "Bravado." If there was one song that drones on forever that is more boring than watching cancer spread, I can't think of it. And to add insult to injury, for some reason every few years Rush busts THIS song out to torture us all live. And, you can't even take a bathroom break during it because the opening verse triggers automatic incontinence, just enough time to clear open the ole chute before Rush sneak up and play something else truly @$$ worthy such as "Cold Fire" or "Available $h*t"...which thankfully, they never will, bless their hearts.

Yeah, this guy is gettin' ignored. This thread is supposed to be fun then like usual Spaghetti Lee comes in with his 12-year old "humor" covered posts. Really surprised that the admins/mods haven't done anything about him yet.

And if someone is sooooooooooooooooo uptight about discussions of Rush (the purpose of a forum) both good and bad (and silly) then by all means ignore me to your heart's delight. :) If you're THAT offended because someone can't stand "Everyday Gloryhole" whilst you view it as the soundtrack of your life, then by all means hit that "ignore" button as fast as I hit the "stop" button the second that song comes on every time!

Don't blame ME if Rush wrote a poop-chute-lube'r. I just call them out when they do.

When people talk about how much they hate Rush songs that I love, I don't get all pissy and instantly demand they be BANNED like a Marxist liberal...I just laugh along WITH them!!!

It's not the disagreement that's the problem, it's the infantile, scatological "humor". Mature critiques are fine, jokes like yours belong in a fifth grade locker room.

• Like 4

"The Big Wheel?"

"Neurotica"??

F*ckin' "Face Up"???

"Heresy"????

It's not the disagreement that's the problem, it's the infantile, scatological "humor". Mature critiques are fine, jokes like yours belong in a fifth grade locker room.

Plus,

Just post the real name of the song instead of turning it in to a sh** hole. Music is art and we all have different tastes. No need to slander the title of the tune.

• Like 2

Hey! Where's My F ing Thing? This is my kind of Rush. A an entire album of this would suit me just fine..... :dweez:

My least favorite instrumental, yet still a good one. They've never done a bad instrumental.

I beg to differ. Limbo kinda sucks.

• Like 2

So, Whatcha listenin' to now, Narpski?

Well, his computer TRIED to save him from undue mental anguish and injury when it shut down earlier while he was playing some Rush's worst crap, but then it mercifully restarted, hoping he would get the hint. Then, Narp had the utmost audacity to add insult to injury by forcing the poor old computer AGAIN to play some utter manure such as "Second Nature" and "High Water"...methinks the computer probably had enough of this and exploded in his face.

• Like 1