Narp, how goes the delve into the later career?

The Analog Cub

I may listen to Presto tonight if I can get this headache to go away..... :)

Maybe you better not. It might make it worse. Wait until tomorrow.

Good idea my dear. I think I will make a quick trip for a Pepsi and be back in a flash and try to forget what I have heard. If I yell at the t.v some that will help also..... :LOL:

I heard some Monkees "I'm A Believer" on the way down the street for my Pepsi. All is right with the world again.... :dweez:
  • Like 4

Good idea my dear. I think I will make a quick trip for a Pepsi and be back in a flash and try to forget what I have heard. If I yell at the t.v some that will help also..... :LOL:

I heard some Monkees "I'm A Believer" on the way down the street for my Pepsi. All is right with the world again.... :dweez:

I hope you are not inferring that the Monkees' song is better than anything on Hold Your Fire!!! ;)

• Like 2

I hope you are not inferring that the Monkees' song is better than anything on Hold Your Fire!!! ;)

Um...I am with Narporpoise here...The Monkees had some absolute stone cold classics...better than HYF.

• Like 2

Um...I am with Narporpoise here...The Monkees had some absolute stone cold classics...better than HYF.

I agree that the Monkees had some nice ditties back in the sixties, but to say that anything the Monkees did is actually on the same level as Rush is more than I can bear. :hi:

• Like 1

I just finished listening to Hold Your Fire. To be honest the majority of it is torture to my ears. It sounds like a bad Journey album but without the great ballads is the best way I can describe it. I would listen to Force Ten, Mission and maybe Turn The Page again. The rest, no thanks. When I got to Tai Shan I couldn't take more than 2 minutes of it and skipped the rest. High Water the same. Hope I didn't miss some "great guitar solo" or something by doing that. Something tells me I didn't. That album couldn't ever possibly grow on me. Just my opinion for what its worth....

What about Time Stand Still? I love the lyrics to that song, and I can't listen to it without having a vision of summers with friends (though the song asks me to look around, not back).

I can't listen to it without visions of drum kits flying through the air. :Neil:

• Like 1

Presto is a fantastic.

Hey Segue, you forgot to finish your sentence. Let me help you with that:

Presto is a fantastic piece of $h!t.

There you go. :outtahere:

• Like 5

Presto is a fantastic.

:LOL:!!!! You win :D

• Like 1

Presto is a fantastic.

^^^^^^^ This is my kinda woman right here.... :madra:
  • Like 1

I liked Narptesticles better..... :ph34r: :outtahere:

Narpadelic, kudos to you for giving the albums a try. As you know, we have very similar opinions about them. I think I've listened to HYF, Presto, RTB, and S&A twice each—the first time I didn't really like them and then, after some time passed, I listened to them again to be sure. Unfortunately I still didn't like them :(

I do like some songs on Counterparts and I really like Vapor Trails, so hopefully you will too!

• Like 1

Smash Mouth did a pretty good cover of this one. I'm in that generation young enough to have been excited for Shrek which they covered it for (FANTASTIC movie...still love it)

Narp, you got through what I figured you'd have the hardest time going through, I can understand skipping Tai Shan and High Water. Soldier on through Presto and Roll The Bones and that guitar and bass will start sounding familiar again through the rest :sundog:

Glad you liked Turn The Page! I agree that's one of their better moment on the album, but I'm a little sad you didn't like Lock and Key.

• Like 1

Bowl City, this is all your fault. If you hadn't started this thread, the Holy Trio wouldn't have been blasphemed.

Agreed. Look what sh*t you started and how many good albums are left? :huh:
  • Like 1

Bowl City, this is all your fault. If you hadn't started this thread, the Holy Trio wouldn't have been blasphemed.

Even the Holy Triumvirate makes mistakes. See Presto and Roll The Bones.

• Like 2

You started this by making the pact with yourself! :moon:

And out of the six albums you have left to go, not counting Clockwork Angels, I'd say 3 good ones (Counterparts, Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows), and one average one (Test For Echo).

My opinion of course, and reading that probably makes Lorraine and LedRush want to puke since I called Counterparts and Snakes and Arrows good.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 3

Smash Mouth did a pretty good cover of this one. I'm in that generation young enough to have been excited for Shrek which they covered it for (FANTASTIC movie...still love it)

Narp, you got through what I figured you'd have the hardest time going through, I can understand skipping Tai Shan and High Water. Soldier on through Presto and Roll The Bones and that guitar and bass will start sounding familiar again through the rest :sundog:

Glad you liked Turn The Page! I agree that's one of their better moment on the album, but I'm a little sad you didn't like Lock and Key.

Maybe an extra milligram of Adivan will be in order before I try Presto tomorrow.... :eh:
  • Like 1

Presto is a 9/10.

You can always buy a Monkees Greatest Hits CD in the .99 bin at your local Best Buy.

• Like 1

You started this by making the pact with yourself! :moon:

But I didn't think anybody around here would give two sh*ts. Apparently I was incorrect.... :codger:
  • Like 1

:o Roll The Bones has three great songs on the album. If you want to talk mistakes, let's talk Snakes & Arrows. :boo hiss:

:o Roll The Bones has three great songs on the album. If you want to talk mistakes, let's talk Snakes & Arrows. :boo hiss:

3 out of 10, and the other 7 are mediocre-shit IMO. I'd call that a mistake :P

I am not really sure I can make it through that one. Isn't it like an hour long? I went to the S&A tour show in Charlotte. The guy in front of me was talking the whole time about how great it is. They played song after song from it and I was..... :eh:
  • Like 1

he's not inferring it. he's implying it.

I am not really sure I can make it through that one. Isn't it like an hour long? I went to the S&A tour show in Charlotte. The guy in front of me was talking the whole time about how great it is. They played song after song from it and I was..... :eh:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure both Snakes and Clockwork are like an hour long.

Snakes has some filler crap towards the end (Bravest Face) and Good News First is alright, but not great. The rest of the album is pretty good.