How Many Members Here In The FRONT ROW CLUB?

presto123

Several times.

First one was P/g! in Saginaw, MI (GA show) and I've been front row at least once on every tour since with the exception of R30 and Time Machine. (got a couple of 2nd rows on TM, but that still isn't the same as being on the barrier).

Cool. First member to speak up. Any stories?

Several times.

First one was P/g! in Saginaw, MI (GA show) and I've been front row at least once on every tour since with the exception of R30 and Time Machine. (got a couple of 2nd rows on TM, but that still isn't the same as being on the barrier).

Only a bazillion or so. LOL

Several times.

Pick a good one. lol Have you met the band?

Several times.

Pick a good one. lol Have you met the band?

I've met each of them multiple times.

Pre '97 I had some killer connections.. and since then I've had a couple meet & greets.

Ok.. here's a story.

PoW tour in Detroit. I didn't have a front row ticket but my buddies did. I had already seen a few shows on that tour so I had a good idea of when the lights were going to go down. About 3 minutes before I expected the lights to dim I walked up to the front row, told the usher I was just going to say hello to my buddies and walked over to them.. dead center.. and didn't leave until the show was over ;)

That was fun.. and also in my younger days when I was a bit more brazen then I am now.

• Like 1

This topic could make some people a bit grumbly...lots of people would be in this club because of privileges many of us don't have.

Maybe....I don't know. When I got my front row tickets I waited outside in the middle of winter all night in front of Karma Records. I definitely earned them:)

What's the Front Row Club?

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

2007, Snakes & Arrows, Reno, NV.

The local radio station (105.7) was giving away three sets of two tickets. The first set was for row 3, second set row 2, and the last set row 1. I called but never got through for the row 3 set. For row 2, I got through and was the one caller too early. I was so depressed. Finally, when the row 1 set came up I dialed and dialed. It took a while, and I was giving up, but then the phone rang through. A set of two front row tix were mine!

The tickets were right in front of Geddy, which was cool because knowing all the lyrics I got to sing along with him the whole show. Lots of eye contact throughout. The closest I had ever been prior was row 9, which was awesome. But row 1...a lifetime experience. These days I just get lawn tix. I've been to the mountaintop.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/0503082253a.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/IMAGE_012_2.jpghttp://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/0503082216.jpg

Three pics from my old crappy camera phone.

Edited by goose
  • Like 5

The local radio station (105.7) was giving away three sets of two tickets. The first set was for row 3, second set row 2, and the last set row 1. I called but never got through for the row 3 set. For row 2, I got through and was the one caller too early. I was so depressed. Finally, when the row 1 set came up I dialed and dialed. It took a while, and I was giving up, but then the phone rang through. A set of two front row tix were mine!

The tickets were right in front of Geddy, which was cool because knowing all the lyrics I got to sing along with him the whole show. Lots of eye contact throughout. The closest I had ever been prior was row 9, which was awesome. But row 1...a lifetime experience. These days I just get lawn tix. I've been to the mountaintop.

That's a beautiful picture of Geddy bathed in light!

Does he actually make eye contact with you, or do you just think he is? Does he acknowledge you in some way?

Does he actually make eye contact with you, or do you just think he is? Does he acknowledge you in some way?

Yes,

He posted it. :P

Yes,

:clap:

Yes,

But, the picture doesn't answer my question.

I have been at the first row twice :D

Both on Clockwork Angels Tour.

First day, I was infront of Alex, I waited 6 hours to get that place, it was on a festival. (Sweden Rock Festival)

and then the day after, I went to Helsinki, and then I was just lucky, and got to first row again, but this time infront of Geddy!

Oh my best two days in my life! :D

It was even better, when Geddy gave me a big smile during 2112, because I had been singing along on every song! :)

Edited by Zumbi
  • Like 2

if memory serves, Ive been in the front row 3 times out of 58 shows. Moving Pictures, Counterparts and Snakes and Arrows.

I've been close to the front row plenty of other times :)

I'm a two-time member of the lesser known "SECOND ROW CLUB"

(Pair of deuces beats an ace suckas!)

• Like 3

I'm a long-time member of the "way the f**k in the back club."

Me too. :LOL: Not even a "mile high" club member here.... :codger:
  • Like 1

Yeah..first time actually buying tickets myself and I got front row...but I certainly had to do a lot of earning to pay for them...some legitimate...some not so much..

While I know getting the tickets can be challenging...it's not impossible. So y'all start tucking some dough away and roll the bones when it's time for them to go on sale.

Even caught one of Geddy's shirts before the encore...So I guess you could say I've been there, done that, and got the t-shirt.

• Like 3

if memory serves, Ive been in the front row 3 times out of 58 shows. Moving Pictures, Counterparts and Snakes and Arrows.

I've been close to the front row plenty of other times :)

oops make that 4. I forgot about Permanent Waves at the San Bernadino Swing.

• Like 1

My dream is to someday meet the band.

:yes:

And what would you say if you did meet them? I have no clue what I would say—I'd probably sound like a huge dork (which goes without saying, actually). "You guys are so . . . awesome. Your . . . stuff is just . . . so . . . awesome."

I would babble like a douche, I'm sure. Just something on my bucket list to shake Geddy's hand. He has inspired everything I've ever done musically. A simple thank you and a handshake would put me at peace.

Got front row dead center for the R30 show in Virginia Beach. Won the tickets from a radio contest (106.9). What a show!!

My first show (Hold Your Fire) was floor GA and got up pretty close (equivalent to about 6th/7th row).

During the good old camping out for ticket days for Presto, I had 2nd row and 6th row on back to back nights. Ironically I was 2nd in line for the 2nd row tickets and 1st in line for the 6th row tickets. Really thought I was going to get front row (especially since I got 2nd row being 2nd in line).

Fast forward to the internet era, and have had nothing but shitty seats ever since with the exception of the CA tour where I went the VIP route. Logged on within seconds of them being available and wound up with 3rd row.

Not been in the front row or even sniffed it since back in the day when concerts were general admission.

I miss those days. I always loved the challenge of working my way up to the front, and the energy was amazing. For under $20 you could get up front for the likes of AC/DC and the Police. Now that will barely get you a hot dog and coke.