How Many Members Here In The FRONT ROW CLUB?

presto123

Just wondering how many fine folks here have had the pleasure of possessing front row tickets for any tour. Welcome to the front row club. I joined during the Power Windows tour and it will always be my #1 concert memory. Please share your stories or concert experiences because chances are you might have interacted with at least one band member at some point.

PS: If you just wondered up to the front for a few songs you are not a member:)

• Like 1

This topic could make some people a bit grumbly...lots of people would be in this club because of privileges many of us don't have.

Check out the post "Get me front row" in the Lighted Stage forum...

Edited by toymaker

This topic could make some people a bit grumbly...lots of people would be in this club because of privileges many of us don't have.

Maybe....I don't know. When I got my front row tickets I waited outside in the middle of winter all night in front of Karma Records. I definitely earned them:)

• Like 1

I hope to join someday. Soon. Very soon. In the meantime ... :popcorn:

You really can't get better seats than a comfy chair in front of your TV! Wow, that was really cool...let's watch that again! Need to pee but don't want to miss the song? No problem! Who needs all those pesky, smelly people all around you?

Maybe....I don't know. When I got my front row tickets I waited outside in the middle of winter all night in front of Karma Records. I definitely earned them:)

Yes you did. That kind of thing I'm totally okay with—the devoted fan who foregoes comforts to score the good seats. It's the sad stories of people who wait all night only to find those seats were never available that I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Third row is my best and cost me way more money than I had to spend. Very jealous of people with means. :(

My dream is to someday meet the band. I'm sure I'm not alone although many apparently already have.

A poor kid from Middletown doesn't have a chance, really. :huh:

• Like 1

Had no idea some people are resentful of people that can afford to pay big money. If they want to shell it out more power to them. I do think they should go back to a system that's more fair, but probably not going to happen. When I saw Rush from the front row I kept mouthing "backstage" to Alex and he just laughed.(how young and naive I was) I was wearing an Expos baseball cap and when Geddy came right in front of me once I pointed to my cap and he gave me a wink. LOL
  • Like 2

Had no idea some people are resentful of people that can afford to pay big money. If they want to shell it out more power to them. I do think they should go back to a system that's more fair, but probably not going to happen. When I saw Rush from the front row I kept mouthing "backstage" to Alex and he just laughed.(how young and naive I was) I was wearing an Expos baseball cap and when Geddy came right in front of me once I pointed to my cap and he gave me a wink. LOL

Not resentful of those willing (and able to afford) to pay, but a bit resentful of a system that makes the experience so exclusive. Put it this way: if I have the cash for a front row seat—however much it is—I'd like the same chance to score one as everyone else. But if a huge whack of them are snapped up by corporations as "perks" for "guests"--often people who don't give a damn about the band—then my chances diminish.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

My dream is to someday meet the band.

:yes:

And what would you say if you did meet them? I have no clue what I would say—I'd probably sound like a huge dork (which goes without saying, actually). "You guys are so . . . awesome. Your . . . stuff is just . . . so . . . awesome."

Not resentful of those willing (and able to afford) to pay, but a bit resentful of a system that makes the experience so exclusive. Put it this way: if I have the cash for a front row seat—however much it is—I'd like the same chance to score one as everyone else. But if a huge whack of them are snapped up by corporations as "perks" for "guests"--often people who don't give a damn about the band—then my chances diminish.

Well...is someone replies to this thread that has had front row chances are they are a "real" fan being a member of this board and all.

Edited by presto123

And what would you say if you did meet them? I have no clue what I would say—I'd probably sound like a huge dork (which goes without saying, actually). "You guys are so . . . awesome. Your . . . stuff is just . . . so . . . awesome."

No. I'm too old to gush.

Simply: "Thank you. And please thank Neil for me as well."

• Like 1

No. I'm too old to gush.

Neil might even pop in to meet you.... :rose: :)

No. I'm too old to gush.

No doubt.

He'll say: "Oh! Is that Lorraine from THE Rush Forum? I must meet her!!!" :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :cool:

• Like 7

No. I'm too old to gush.

Neil's long gone. Apparently he runs faster even than Brittney Spears at the end of a show...

• Like 4

That's the thing. I'm a 30 year drummer and got started playing solely because of Neil Peart, but if I ever ran into him in public I don't think I would even approach him. It shouldn't be like that. I'm a little too old to have idols, but I would hate to have a bad encounter with my #1 musical inspiration.
  • Like 1

No. I'm too old to gush.

No doubt.

He'll say: "Oh! Is that Lorraine from THE Rush Forum? I must meet her!!!" :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :cool:

No doubt. They broke the mold when they made this one..... :)
  • Like 3

This is why I wouldn't bother doing a meet & greet. I would come off sounding like a bumbling oaf. What I would love is the chance to meet them through, say, a mutual friend, where we could then proceed to have a normal conversation.

That's the thing. I'm a 30 year drummer and got started playing solely because of Neil Peart, but if I ever ran into him in public I don't think I would even approach him. It shouldn't be like that. I'm a little too old to have idols, but I would hate to have a bad encounter with my #1 musical inspiration.

Lorraine's got the right idea with "thanks for the music"--I think musicians like to hear that. Peart has always been a bit fan-shy, but I don't think he would resent anyone saying to him, "because of you I learned to play the drums, so thanks for being so inspiring."

A number of years ago a buddy of mine told me that he approached Neil in a cafe and said, "Hey, aren't you Neil Peart?" The response: "Never heard of him."

It is possible, of course, that it wasn't Neil Peart...

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Lorraine's got the right idea with "thanks for the music"--I think musicians like to hear that. Peart has always been a bit fan-shy, but I don't think he would resent anyone saying to him, "because of you I learned to play the drums, so thanks for being so inspiring."

A number of years ago a buddy of mine told me that he approached Neil in a cafe and said, "Hey, aren't you Neil Peart?" The response: "Never heard of him."

He should have said to Neil after that: "Not many people have heard of him, but you do resemble him." Neil gets angry when he's recognized, and befuddled when he's not.

Poor Neil. :LOL:

He should have said to Neil after that: "Not many people have heard of him, but you do resemble him." Neil gets angry when he's recognized, and befuddled when he's not.

Interesting—is that documented?

Several times.

First one was P/g! in Saginaw, MI (GA show) and I've been front row at least once on every tour since with the exception of R30 and Time Machine. (got a couple of 2nd rows on TM, but that still isn't the same as being on the barrier).

Interesting—is that documented?

Yes. Last summer (I think) he wrote up one of his blog posts. This happened when they were touring. I forget if something happened to his bike or what, but some locals were around and helped him. He offered them tickets to the Rush concert that was that night, and the people had no idea who Rush even was. He didn't quite know how to react to that.