Casablanca

The Aviator

Silver Linings Playbook

Inception

Cabin In The Woods

Back To The Future Trilogy

Despicable Me 1 + 2

The Bourne Trilogy

Although I like Cabin In The Woods, I'd have to agree with the Back To The Future Trilogy.

:facepalm:

What..! Did I get it the wrong way round..? :P

It's probably generational, but the Back to the Future trilogy is as perfect a movie experience as I have experienced.

:eh:

The first one is good, but the others are pretty bad.

I've only seen parts of part 2...but I didn't like those parts.

I've never seen part 3.

Part 1 is a modern classic.

A lot of you might disagree, but - 2001: A Space Odyssey It just didn't hold my interest, I gave it multiple tries!

Also A Clockwork Orange Very violent and not that interesting either.

I think they were both overrated. I don't like Cormac McCarthy books either, perhaps I'm just not ready for the future! :P

Edited by blueschica

American Hustle

Casablanca

The Aviator

Silver Linings Playbook

Inception

Cabin In The Woods

Back To The Future Trilogy

Despicable Me 1 + 2

The Bourne Trilogy

Although I like Cabin In The Woods, I'd have to agree with the Back To The Future Trilogy.

:facepalm:

What..! Did I get it the wrong way round..? :P

It's probably generational, but the Back to the Future trilogy is as perfect a movie experience as I have experienced.

:eh:

The first one is good, but the others are pretty bad.

Bad? Nah. Not nearly as good as the first one? Yes. I love the movies. I love the characters. Fun stuff, all of it.

Godfather 1 and 2

2001 a space odyssey

Matrix

Pretty much any Best Picture Oscar winner (or, indeed, nominee) of the last ten years (maybe more).

Casablanca (sorry...i like it...i do...i really do................)

A lot of you might disagree, but - 2001: A Space Odyssey It just didn't hold my interest, I gave it multiple tries!

I think they were both overrated. I don't like Cormac McCarthy books either, perhaps I'm just not ready for the future! :P

Barry Lyndon is probably more to your liking. ;)

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

The English Patient (my friend called it The Endless Pooshit)

Godfather 1 and 2

2001 a space odyssey

Matrix

Pretty much any Best Picture Oscar winner (or, indeed, nominee) of the last ten years (maybe more).

I'll give you the hollow turd that is Avatar and the Matrix sequels.. The others, nope.

Godfather 1 and 2

2001 a space odyssey

Matrix

I'll give you the hollow turd that is Avatar and the Matrix sequels.. The others, nope.

I appreciate their legacy and importance. But as entertainment, whichbis why I tend to watch movies, these failed to please me.

But it's ok I felt the same as you when I saw Lord Of The Rings listed!

Godfather 1 and 2

2001 a space odyssey

Matrix

I appreciate their legacy and importance. But as entertainment, whichbis why I tend to watch movies, these failed to please me.

I love Lord of the Rings. I'm with you on that.

• Like 1

Godfather 1 and 2

2001 a space odyssey

Matrix

I want to take back the first Matrix and Casablanca.

Godfather 1 and 2

2001 a space odyssey

Matrix

The first Matrix was a good movie. The sequels did nothing to expand on the story. They are movies full of themselves, no substance or purpose. I adore Casablanca. It's a very complex story regarding the characters' motivations. And Rick is one cool dude.

I do remember liking all the costumes and romance; it's been awhile since I've seen it, though! I'm up for good sci fi, like Arrival or something like that; I just could never get 2001, somehow.

Godfather 1 and 2

2001 a space odyssey

Matrix

The first Matrix was a good movie. The sequels did nothing to expand on the story. They are movies full of themselves, no substance or purpose. I adore Casablanca. It's a very complex story regarding the characters' motivations. And Rick is one cool dude.

I have always felt a coldness towards the characters in Casablanca. Odd really, as Brief Encounter moves me like NO OTHER romantic drama of its kind and Casablanca is easily it's equal (some may argue superior). But...when the film ends...I am unmoved.

I do remember liking all the costumes and romance; it's been awhile since I've seen it, though! I'm up for good sci fi, like Arrival or something like that; I just could never get 2001, somehow.

I get it. It's sloooooow moving. I think of it as a silent picture, which was part of Kubrick's intention. Space and evolution are not about fast moving plots and/or explosions. The movie moves slow for a reason and if that's not someone's preference I totally get not liking it.

• Like 1

I get it. It's sloooooow moving. I think of it as a silent picture, which was part of Kubrick's intention. Space and evolution are not about fast moving plots and/or explosions. The movie moves slow for a reason and if that's not someone's preference I totally get not liking it.

The silent movie thing is interesting to hear though; I had never been aware of that. I did like seeing the evolution theme unfold but as you said, sloooww.

About 90% of what Tim Burton's done. Loved Ed Wood (tip o' the pin to Martin Landau), liked a few others, like Batman and Beetlejuice (actually, loved both of those when they came out), but I find most of his movies to be a tedious rehash of nerdy teenage goth obsessions he's never outgrown unlike almost everyone else who might have had a reclusive childhood. His turn at Willy Wonka ("Charlie and the Chocolate Factory") is getting play on one of the channels my kids watch and it is completely unwatchable. It's so awful it seems it must have been intentionally made so. So does that make it overrated? 83% positive reviews acc to Rotten Tomato, which shows you what they know (the audience is less stupid, with only half liking it). If it had scored 10% it would have been vastly overrated. Maybe the worst of his movies but most of the rest aren't all that much better.
  • Like 1

I think the keyword here is "overrated" - not necessarily "bad" ( even though some are )

Off the top of the head:

- Forrest Gump

- Raging Bull

- Goodfellas

- Gone With The Wind

- Citizen Kane

How in the hell is Citizen Kane "over rated"? A movie that is among the most groundbreaking in the history of cinema cannot be overrated. It can't.

About 90% of what Tim Burton's done. Loved Ed Wood (tip o' the pin to Martin Landau), liked a few others, like Batman and Beetlejuice (actually, loved both of those when they came out), but I find most of his movies to be a tedious rehash of nerdy teenage goth obsessions he's never outgrown unlike almost everyone else who might have had a reclusive childhood. His turn at Willy Wonka ("Charlie and the Chocolate Factory") is getting play on one of the channels my kids watch and it is completely unwatchable. It's so awful it seems it must have been intentionally made so. So does that make it overrated? 83% positive reviews acc to Rotten Tomato, which shows you what they know (the audience is less stupid, with only half liking it). If it had scored 10% it would have been vastly overrated. Maybe the worst of his movies but most of the rest aren't all that much better.

His Willy Wonka is one of my favourite movies from my childhood.