Lorde

Nate2112

She doesnt have an especially pretty voice, the melodies are pretty boring except for the occasional catchy hook. I really dont like this minimalistic music. I just cant get into a song when the percussion section consists of a snare drum playing a 4/4 beat for the whole song

Sorry dude, not really seeing what you think is so outstanding

• Like 3

Your gonna think i'm nuts.....but i heard 10 seconds and thought. I've heard this voice before....on many.....many pop singers. unoriginal and bland.

Next.'

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Lorde is ok, considering her age she has potential. But I think her status as an icon for today is a sign that popular music is lacking bright talent. She is no Kate Bush, that is for sure!

For my money, Lana Del Rey is far more interesting (though lacklustre compared to the finest pop stars of the past).

and segue is right, kate bush shits all over any of these new chicks

No female artist with an artistic bent comes close to Kate Bush. Not even Bjork.

How are we even comparing Lorde to Kate Bush?? They're female? lol

Mick

Today, Lorde is the only female star with success to be creating music regarded widely as having something unique and strange about it. (I disagree).

Also, like the mighty Bush (hehehehehehe), she began her career at a very young age and immediately found success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xa7Pyq2hj9I

Since we're talking about ole Kate.

This song literally made me sit foreword in my wheelchair the first time i heard it, lol.

Mick

Ooh nice choice!

• Like 1

Lorde is interesting to me. Her songs that are good are brilliant, others lack a foundation sounding like a lousy rave gathering. Her lyrics are thought invoking and have meaning. If she can expand her ideas beyond their being mixed on a computer she will have a good career to follow. Edited by calirush