Admitting you're wrong

Lost In Xanadu

I'm sorrrr.......I'm really sorrr.......aww F*CK YOU!!!

-- Otto (A Fish Called Wanda)

• Like 4

You know, I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong.

Do we share Dads? Mine says this all the time. Wait—are you my Dad?

I'll kick you out of this house if you don't CUT THAT HAIR!

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Neidermeyer.jpeg

• Like 1

Well - here you go...

http://www.therushfo...40#entry3118396

"If someone acted like a stalker on a public forum, I would stay the hell away too."

Never directly called anyone a stalker. If someone took it personally, maybe there's a reason they thought it was directed at them

OK, here I am... Sorry for the late answer, I had a long weekend planned in Vegas with Lemmy and his girlfriends... Am a little hungover too...

Anyway, you're an internet pro, aren't you? Always so smart with words, never crossing the line... Playing the guilty complex like a violin in your so-smart-way... One note: twaaaang!!!! Except there's words and there's meaning... And just like I told you in the same old thread, your meaning is quite clear.

Taking it personally? You were after my and the other's reputation. Of course I take it personally. But then, we have been here a long time and we have more than 1000 ways to show (the other members, not you) what we really are and where we really stand.

But it makes you look cooler to be the laid back, take it easy type, doesn't it? Always dropping "dude" opinions like birds drop... other things. I wouldn't even have confronted you if you hadn't come up with this thread. It's all the same. I didn't like you then and I don't like you now.

Well - here you go...

http://www.therushfo...40#entry3118396

"If someone acted like a stalker on a public forum, I would stay the hell away too."

Never directly called anyone a stalker. If someone took it personally, maybe there's a reason they thought it was directed at them

OK, here I am... Sorry for the late answer, I had a long weekend planned in Vegas with Lemmy and his girlfriends... Am a little hungover too...

Anyway, you're an internet pro, aren't you? Always so smart with words, never crossing the line... Playing the guilty complex like a violin in your so-smart-way... One note: twaaaang!!!! Except there's words and there's meaning... And just like I told you in the same old thread, your meaning is quite clear.

Taking it personally? You were after my and the other's reputation. Of course I take it personally. But then, we have been here a long time and we have more than 1000 ways to show (the other members, not you) what we really are and where we really stand.

But it makes you look cooler to be the laid back, take it easy type, doesn't it? Always dropping "dude" opinions like birds drop... other things. I wouldn't even have confronted you if you hadn't come up with this thread. It's all the same. I didn't like you then and I don't like you now.

Excellent... glad you got that off your chest. Now run along.

By the way, you couldn't be more wrong... again. Ironic thread for this to happen in, No?

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

How hard is it for you to do?

I'll let you know when it happens.

coming from a guy living in MN....

oh...kay

Oh, come on! Wisconsin's greatest contribution to the world is that it protects Lake Superior from Illinois.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

oh...kay

Oh, come on! Wisconsin's greatest contribution to the world is that it protects Lake Superior from Illinois.

What about the LOMBARDI TROPHY?!?

oh...kay

What about the LOMBARDI TROPHY?!?

What about those world series championships?

I don't know how I stumbled upon this thread, but I did a little reading here and in some of the threads referenced in it. What's amazing is I do most of my posting in SOCN, and I'm amazed at some of the hostility around here.

As for the thread topic, I will fight like hell to avoid admitting I'm wrong in some settings, and in others it's pretty easy. But regardless of the setting, as I get older I find it easier to admit to it.

• Like 1

I don't know how I stumbled upon this thread, but I did a little reading here and in some of the threads referenced in it. What's amazing is I do most of my posting in SOCN, and I'm amazed at some of the hostility around here.

Right?

I'm sick of this hostile environment! I'm going back to civility- where we only talk about politics and religion!

I never really knew about SOCN until reading this (and the related) thread, and that made me go look at the Forum Rules. That just doesn't sound like a pleasant place. And I certainly do hope I'm wrong.

I never really knew about SOCN until reading this (and the related) thread, and that made me go look at the Forum Rules. That just doesn't sound like a pleasant place. And I certainly do hope I'm wrong.

I'd say you're wrong. In fact, some of the posts in this thread, and certainly in the referenced one, would likely earn someone a suspension. You might see people getting after it on a topic, but you seldom see someone say they flat out don't like someone.

• Like 4

I don't think there's any shame in admitting you're wrong. I've always thought there was something deeply wrong with people who can't admit it.

I've been married a while. Not only can I freely admit when I'm wrong, I can even say "you were right" before I admit my fault.

The first sentence is all you needed to type. If you've been married a while it's a given you can admit when you're wrong, that's why she lets you stay married to her. I just figure I am always wrong, saves a lot of headaches and arguments. :unsure:

I actually have an awesome wife, and she is my best friend.

I do subscribe to this though: Happy Wife, Happy Life

• Like 4

I've been married a while. Not only can I freely admit when I'm wrong, I can even say "you were right" before I admit my fault.

The first sentence is all you needed to type. If you've been married a while it's a given you can admit when you're wrong, that's why she lets you stay married to her. I just figure I am always wrong, saves a lot of headaches and arguments. :unsure:

Amen to that. After 33 years myself I know I am often wrong or at least misinformed. I do know however I wouldn't be the person I am today without her. Not even close... :codger: :sigh:
  • Like 1

I keep telling my husband that as long as he realizes I'm right, everything is good :LOL:

But jokes aside, as a wife I have learned that us females also have to realize when we are wrong and apologize. It's not right for one person to dominate a relationship—marriage or otherwise. Unless both people are equals and treat each other with respect, which includes acknowledging when you are wrong and the other is right, it's not an ideal relationship.

• Like 4

I'd say you're wrong. In fact, some of the posts in this thread, and certainly in the referenced one, would likely earn someone a suspension. You might see people getting after it on a topic, but you seldom see someone say they flat out don't like someone.

I don't find it to be any worse/better than outside of SOCN. Either that or you grow thick skin :huh:

By the way, I just came here to admit that you're all wrong.

:joker:

• Like 2