Seahawks 2014-2015 season (and beyond) official thread!

Tom Sawyer

Unsurprisingly, Marshawn is offered a contract extension with a shitload of money.

http://www.msn.com/e...sion/ar-AA8QqfS

"Beast Mode" may be about to be paid a lot more.

The Seattle Seahawks have offered star running back and media darling Marshawn Lynch a "huge contract extension," writes NFL Media's Ian Rapoport.

The deal includes a 2015 salary of more than $10 million, Rapoport writes, a significant increase on the $5 million Lynch is slated to make next season on his current deal.

The Seahawks believe that Lynch, who has rushed for 1,200 yards in each of the past four seasons, has outplayed his contract, sources say. They want to reward him for his work.

It was reported earlier this season that Lynch's time may be done in Seattle after this season, but his performance - 1,306 yards and 13 touchdowns in the regular season, and 216 yards and one touchdown in the postseason - has apparently led the Seahawks' brass to change its course. The running back held out of training camp in 2014, unhappy with his current contract.

There's also speculation that Lynch may retire if the Seahawks win the Super Bowl on Sunday against the New England Patriots. While this one could go either way, some clarity should be provided in the coming days.

Although I hate the f*** out of the Patriots, this is one thing they'd never do, and it has served them well. Not that Robert Kraft isn't a living saint, but they're ISIS level ruthless when it comes to on field personnel.

Pay for future expected performance, not past performance, especially at this position and a player of this type.

The Seahawks would be much better off with his retirement than paying that kind of money. You'd think that the franchise that employed Shawn Alexander would realize this.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Unsurprisingly, Marshawn is offered a contract extension with a shitload of money.

http://www.msn.com/e...sion/ar-AA8QqfS

"Beast Mode" may be about to be paid a lot more.

The Seattle Seahawks have offered star running back and media darling Marshawn Lynch a "huge contract extension," writes NFL Media's Ian Rapoport.

The deal includes a 2015 salary of more than $10 million, Rapoport writes, a significant increase on the $5 million Lynch is slated to make next season on his current deal.

The Seahawks believe that Lynch, who has rushed for 1,200 yards in each of the past four seasons, has outplayed his contract, sources say. They want to reward him for his work.

It was reported earlier this season that Lynch's time may be done in Seattle after this season, but his performance - 1,306 yards and 13 touchdowns in the regular season, and 216 yards and one touchdown in the postseason - has apparently led the Seahawks' brass to change its course. The running back held out of training camp in 2014, unhappy with his current contract.

There's also speculation that Lynch may retire if the Seahawks win the Super Bowl on Sunday against the New England Patriots. While this one could go either way, some clarity should be provided in the coming days.

Although I hate the f*** out of the Patriots, this is one thing they'd never do, and it has served them well. Not that Robert Kraft isn't a living saint, but they're ISIS level ruthless when it comes to on field personnel.

Pay for future expected performance, not past performance, especially at this position and a player of this type.

The Seahawks would be much better off with his retirement than paying that kind of money. You'd think that the franchise that employed Shawn Alexander would realize this.

Or Jay Cutler :facepalm:

• Like 2

Wow. All of us in Philly thought Andy Reid called that play.

Andy Reid's KIDS aren't that f***ing dumb.

Although they probably would have put that LB one on one with Gronk

• Like 2

It was another OUTSTANDING season, great come-from-behind victory against GB, then we almost pulled this one off too.

I am not discouraged though, as a matter of fact i feel about the same as i would had we won, you see it's the thrill of wtaching them play that came to an end yesterday, not to restart until September (I don't watch preseason) - so even a win would mean I have to wait.

I love this team, the way they play is amazing, if they can keep that going just one more season, I have another year of entertaining Sundays (a Thursday orMonday or two) to look forward to watching them!!

No regrets, no negative feelings. Just joy in a great football team! What a great bunch of competitors!!!

• Like 1

It was another OUTSTANDING season, great come-from-behind victory against GB, then we almost pulled this one off too.

I am not discouraged though, as a matter of fact i feel about the same as i would had we won, you see it's the thrill of wtaching them play that came to an end yesterday, not to restart until September (I don't watch preseason) - so even a win would mean I have to wait.

I love this team, the way they play is amazing, if they can keep that going just one more season, I have another year of entertaining Sundays (a Thursday orMonday or two) to look forward to watching them!!

No regrets, no negative feelings. Just joy in a great football team! What a great bunch of competitors!!!

Awesome attitude to have. Seriously.

• Like 2

Given their success running, its absolutely unimaginable that theyd throw.

At first it appears to be the obvious play was to run the ball. However, ML is a running back who runs to make contact and on the 1 yard line that might not be the best play. Also this year in the NFL there were 109 plays on the 1 yard line and THAT interception was the very first on the 1 yard line ALL year. ANother factor is how easy the Seahawks scored in the first half made it an easier decision to throw than to run on that play.

Odd thing BB HAD THE Patriots practice that play with Butler in which he failed to make the play in practice. The Patriots were ready for that throw. I thought for show it was game over game to the Seahawks.

Awesome attitude to have. Seriously.

That is an awesome considering how close they were to winning the SB back2back. I can remember the Patriots loss in the 18-1 season, that bothered mean a bit. It was a team from NY/NJ. However, the GIANTS earned that win with tremendous defense all game long, I went out of my way to congratulate the Giants fans on another music site forum. Many NY fans on that Pearl Jam site but I was heckled to no end that the cheaters got what they deserved.

I was impressed with their defense and I'll always believe DEFENSE wins championships.

That's why it was so great... nobody saw that throw coming!!

(except for that dude that intercepted it, apparently)

• Like 1

It isn't calling a pass play in that situation that is the problem,

The problem was the type of play that was called. If you are going to roll the dice and pass it you beter make damn sure that the only player who has a chance at catching it is the receiver. Here is an example.

Start video around the 5:45 mark.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2