2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

For Christ's sake the Cubs are painful to watch.

It's the 13th inning. You have runners on first and second with one out. I'm failing to understand why Rick Renteria felt compelled to throw Jake Arrieta out there to bunt the runners over. We just gave them an out.

He struck out. Which led to Bonifacio striking out. So that was an enormous wasted opportunity. Onward to the 15th :rage:

For Christ's sake the Cubs are painful to watch.

It's the 13th inning. You have runners on first and second with one out. I'm failing to understand why Rick Renteria felt compelled to throw Jake Arrieta out there to bunt the runners over. We just gave them an out.

He struck out. Which led to Bonifacio striking out. So that was an enormous wasted opportunity. Onward to the 15th :rage:

T

The Dodgers received a second basemen from the Cubs yesterday. Is he any good?

Barney? Good to great defensive second baseman. Total offensive cipher.

Yeah,

I was in a hurry yesterday and browsed an article on him. Some record tying errrorless innnng streak. Doesn't hurt to sure up the defense when some one goes down.

He's hot garbage.

If you use him as a late-inning defensive replacement, you'll get value. Otherwise, he won't give you much. Very bad offensively.

I hit a homerun off Darwin Barney in high school!

I guess its not much of an accomplishment since he is in the majors to play shortstop/2B

• Like 2

Well, if the playoffs started today, the Pirates would be in! Started out 18-26. Liriano is finally pitching again. 8-3 since all star break even with Mccutchen slumping

Id really like another starting pitcher

You can have one.

It will cost you though. Lester was a stud in the playoffs last year. How much would you pay to have a significantly better chance to make it to the Series? How much do you think the Cards would pay?

Well, the pirates have as good of prospects to deal as anyone, however, we are pretty stingy. The last 2 years we made deals at the deadline, but were not big time. I think we could make the playoffs with our current roster, but I dont see us going very far without another stud pitcher.

At this point, I could live with us dealing a couple top shelf prospects. The cards dont need starting pitching as much as we do, they really need a bat.

The media guys around here say it's really between you guys and the Cards. The A's and Mariners, and even the Brewers, are on the periphery.

You don't have room for Bell or Meadows on your roster. Open up your wallet. :)

Cards just traded for Justin Masterson.....less competition for Lester?

Well, if the playoffs started today, the Pirates would be in! Started out 18-26. Liriano is finally pitching again. 8-3 since all star break even with Mccutchen slumping

Id really like another starting pitcher

You can have one.

It will cost you though. Lester was a stud in the playoffs last year. How much would you pay to have a significantly better chance to make it to the Series? How much do you think the Cards would pay?

Well, the pirates have as good of prospects to deal as anyone, however, we are pretty stingy. The last 2 years we made deals at the deadline, but were not big time. I think we could make the playoffs with our current roster, but I dont see us going very far without another stud pitcher.

At this point, I could live with us dealing a couple top shelf prospects. The cards dont need starting pitching as much as we do, they really need a bat.

The media guys around here say it's really between you guys and the Cards. The A's and Mariners, and even the Brewers, are on the periphery.

You don't have room for Bell or Meadows on your roster. Open up your wallet. :)

Cards just traded for Justin Masterson.....less competition for Lester?

He's one of those guys that's completely out of sync when he gets traded, but will probably go 8-1 with a 2.13 ERA the rest of the year for St. Louis, because they're the f***ing Cardinals. :banghead:

And at the end of 7, it's Toronto 14, Boston 1.

Hope Big Papi knocks one out, I'd love to see the bat toss.

Revis and Browner are apparently looking phenomenal in camp so far.

Hope they can carry your aging and increasingly inaccurate QB...well, actually no I don't.

They might not, but word is that James White may.

Tannehill should enjoy seeing them though.

Is White the next Lawrence Maroney?

http://sportsofboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/091410-laurence-maroney-new-england-patriots.jpg

I heard yesterday that the Phillies & Dodgers are discussing a possible trade. Hamels for the Dodgers three top prospects. Sounds tempting but the three players are supposed to be really good.

I just saw that the Bosox traded Felix Doubront to the Cubs for a player to be named later.

I'm hoping it's Felix Doubront.

• Like 2

Hope they can carry your aging and increasingly inaccurate QB...well, actually no I don't.

http://sportsofboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/091410-laurence-maroney-new-england-patriots.jpg

Are the 2014 Dolphins the 2013 Dolphins and the 2012 Dolphins and the 2011 Dolphins and . . .

Are the 2014 Dolphins the 2013 Dolphins and the 2012 Dolphins and the 2011 Dolphins and . . .

We'll see,. But I think we can be sure that the 2014 Tom Brady won't be the 2013 Tom Brady or the 2010 Tom Brady or the 2007 Tom Brady. Well, maybe the 2013 Tom Brady...

We'll see,. But I think we can be sure that the 2014 Tom Brady won't be the 2013 Tom Brady or the 2010 Tom Brady or the 2007 Tom Brady. Well, maybe the 2013 Tom Brady...

Better to have loved and lost . . .

Enjoy Doubront.

The A's won in classic fashion tonight, using small ball to score six in the top iof the 9th to beat the Astros! :dweez:

It's their 11th win this season after being down after the 7th.

The A's won in classic fashion tonight, using small ball to score six in the top iof the 9th to beat the Astros! :dweez:

Thats why NL baseball is superior, way more small ball

• Like 1

I heard yesterday that the Phillies & Dodgers are discussing a possible trade. Hamels for the Dodgers three top prospects. Sounds tempting but the three players are supposed to be really good.

Theyd have to be, Hamels is a bright spot on our struggling squad, and he will be for a while. I dont want him to go :)

and none of that sissy dh bullcrap. :)

• Like 3

and none of that sissy dh bullcrap. :)

I have always hated it. It takes so much strategy out of the game.

• Like 2

Oakland Athletics put the rest of their chips in.......trade Yoenis Cespedes and a competitive draft pick to Boston for Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes. :o

I am happy Lester went to Oakland as opposed to St. Louis, Lackey doesnt scare me as much in St. Louis - although I would have taken him

I just saw that the Bosox traded Felix Doubront to the Cubs for a player to be named later.

I'm hoping it's Felix Doubront.

:LOL:

And there is rumors linking Pirates to TB for Price............I hate even seeing it, I know we wont get him, and it will be a disappointment. Maybe we could just land a quality relief pitcher?

Tigers end up with David Price....

Yep...and it doesn't seem like they got much for him. Andrew Freedman is a pretty shrewd guy...wonder what he knows...

And there is rumors linking Pirates to TB for Price............I hate even seeing it, I know we wont get him, and it will be a disappointment. Maybe we could just land a quality relief pitcher?

Or you could stand pat, and watch the Cardinals pick up John Lackey.

Or you could stand pat, and watch the Cardinals pick up John Lackey.

Cards need hitting not arms.