2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

And there is rumors linking Pirates to TB for Price............I hate even seeing it, I know we wont get him, and it will be a disappointment. Maybe we could just land a quality relief pitcher?

Or you could stand pat, and watch the Cardinals pick up John Lackey.

Cards need hitting not arms.

Pitching wins in October.

• Like 1

And there is rumors linking Pirates to TB for Price............I hate even seeing it, I know we wont get him, and it will be a disappointment. Maybe we could just land a quality relief pitcher?

Pitching wins in October.

Don't be such a teatard.

• Like 1

The new plate blocking rule is a joke. See the play linked here at about 15 seconds in and try to argue otherwise.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...lb_1&mode=video

You have to click on the linked video and then choose the Howard safe at home video to the right.

Yeah,

I hate that stupid rule. Plus, umpires take all that time to have some one in NY decide the call. He had a path too the plate and chose to go around the catcher instead of sliding. Either way, he wasn't going to score.

Check this BS out between the Reds & Marlins

What the hell is the catcher supposed to do? :facepalm:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_07_31_cinmlb_miamlb_1&mode=video#/play?content_id=34973785

• Like 1

Tigers end up with David Price....

Tigers stock went up a *lot* yesterday. What a rotation! :o They should give Oakland a run for their money.

Kinda disappointed the Blue Jays stood pat. Apparently, Bautista and Jannsen are too. I'm still not convinced AA knows what he's doing. :unsure:

• Like 1

The Tigers staff is officialy "sick" according to my 10 year old son.

The pirates staff over the last few years has been effective, but there is always the feeling that it could fall apart at the drop of a hat. I dont like that feeling

• Like 1

The Tigers staff is officialy "sick" according to my 10 year old son.

The pirates staff over the last few years has been effective, but there is always the feeling that it could fall apart at the drop of a hat. I dont like that feeling

"Effective" doesn't win the Series. Trust me. I watched Red Sox pitching staffs for years that were "effective" right up until they ended up losing the last game of the season.

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2013/1/18/eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

Sure, but in the playoffs no one hits, for all intents and purposes. Because you're not facing pitchers like the Red Sox opponents will be facing for the next couple of months.

Hitters have more say in the outcome of an AB than pitchers. There's more dispersion in hitters' stats than there is in pitchers' stats.

Edit: Actually the opposite appears to be true, although I remember reading this years ago. Therefore this works against my point. But I still believe that the Cards need hitters more than pitchers because their offense is way below average and their pitching is not.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Sure, but in the playoffs no one hits, for all intents and purposes. Because you're not facing pitchers like the Red Sox opponents will be facing for the next couple of months.

Hitters have more say in the outcome of an AB than pitchers. There's more dispersion in hitters' stats than there is in pitchers' stats.

Edit: Actually the opposite appears to be true, although I remember reading this years ago. Therefore this works against my point. But I still believe that the Cards need hitters more than pitchers because their offense is way below average and their pitching is not.

Well, their pitching staff just got better, and their offense didn't, so we'll see soon enough.

Well, their pitching staff just got better, and their offense didn't, so we'll see soon enough.

Here's hoping for a massive fail!

Tigers stock went up a *lot* yesterday. What a rotation! :o They should give Oakland a run for their money.

Kinda disappointed the Blue Jays stood pat. Apparently, Bautista and Jannsen are too. I'm still not convinced AA knows what he's doing. :unsure:

I feel the same way, my fellow Blue Jays sister...

Go Jays Go!!! :madra: :cheerleader: :banana:

Jays have a big series next week at home against Baltimore... I'm going to one of the games and will cheer my Jays!

• Like 1

Jays have a big series next week at home against Baltimore... I'm going to one of the games and will cheer my Jays!

Say hi to Geddy for us...

:yay: Should be great games. :)

• Like 1

How many games under .500 DOES the combined record of the Yanks and Red Sox have to be before their entire series isn't shown on national TV?

I don't know if there is an answer but it has to be more than 9...

How many games under .500 DOES the combined record of the Yanks and Red Sox have to be before their entire series isn't shown on national TV?

.002 combined winning percentage, I think. :unsure:

Edited by CygnusGal
  • Like 1

Brewers 7

Cardinals 1 (7th Inning)

Brewers gave Adam Wainright a big THUMPIN'........ :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Did you play a lot of baseball growing up?

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/999/432/1f875456260adedd3279fbe5c5f9caa6_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75

Anyone going to Cespedes t-shirt day in Oakland today?

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/999/432/1f875456260adedd3279fbe5c5f9caa6_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75

Anyone going to Cespedes t-shirt day in Oakland today?

My son would LOOOVE one if someone gets one.

What Will the A's Do With 10,000 'La Potencia' T-Shirts to Honor Cespedes?