2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

3 games above .500??? Brutalized by 11 runs twice this week (Mariners and White Sox)...oh how far will the Blue Jays continue to fall...

:sigh:

And that was a *brutal* collision, LABT. I just couldn't like the post. I hope he recovers.

Edited by CygnusGal

3 games above .500??? Brutalized by 11 runs twice this week (Mariners and White Sox)...oh how far will the Blue Jays continue to fall...

I know... it's painful to watch... I felt sorry for Marcus last night... the kid didn't have it... although I think he has a bright future.

And that was a *brutal* collision, LABT. I just couldn't like the post. I hope he recovers.

Yep, worst I've seen...by far...on a baseball field...I think he's on his way to recovery, though. But the Twins haven't had the best of luck with concussions...it took Morneau multiple years to get over a concussion sustained when he collided with an infielder's knee on a stolen base attempt.

A's... :facepalm:

Lead on the Angels is only one now...and we're down two to the Braves in the 2nd.

Billy Ball...overthinking with the Cespedes trade? The team was rolling, and Cespedes was a Reggie Jackson-type player. Looks like a classic t-shirt voodoo curse to me.

Brewers 3

Kershaw 2

TWO home runs off the Lefty.

Yovani Gallardo pitched TOUGH.

GREAT defense by the Crew to save runs.

Another hair-pulling save by Frankie Rodriguez....solo HR by Kemp, but the next three go down.....

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man

Lead on the Angels is only one now...and we're down two to the Braves in the 2nd.

Billy Ball...overthinking with the Cespedes trade? The team was rolling, and Cespedes was a Reggie Jackson-type player. Looks like a classic t-shirt voodoo curse to me.

I'm still not worried...yet.

The A's have had lots of these mini-slumps over the last few years, with YoCes in the lineup. As A's fans, we all know that he's a talented athlete who can carry a team when he's hot, but he's also a streaky player who's prone to slumps himself. How many times have we seen him get hot, hit three or four homers over the course of a week, then go for two weeks without an extra base hit?

Having Lester in your back pocket increases the chance of advancing if you get stuck in a one game wildcard playoff so I still think the tradeoff is worth it.

• Like 1

I'm still not worried...yet.

The A's have had lots of these mini-slumps over the last few years, with YoCes in the lineup. As A's fans, we all know that he's a talented athlete who can carry a team when he's hot, but he's also a streaky player who's prone to slumps himself. How many times have we seen him get hot, hit three or four homers over the course of a week, then go for two weeks without an extra base hit?

Having Lester in your back pocket increases the chance of advancing if you get stuck in a one game wildcard playoff so I still think the tradeoff is worth it.

Here's hoping...

Fu*****Dodgers!!! :madra: :P

OK, the Brewers are leaving town now.... ;)

See you in the post-season! It's gonna be a Show!!

• Like 1

Both the Yanks and A-Rod are preparing for his return next season. Despite the fact that I don't want to see A-Rod in a Yankees uniform at all, I don't like the idea of him spelling Chase Headley at third. And the idea of him taking over for the retiring Jeter at short is sacrilegious.

Both the Yanks and A-Rod are preparing for his return next season. Despite the fact that I don't want to see A-Rod in a Yankees uniform at all, I don't like the idea of him spelling Chase Headley at third. And the idea of him taking over for the retiring Jeter at short is sacrilegious.

Are they really bringing A -Rod back?

Are they really bringing A-Rod back?

They're stuck with his obscenely huge contract, so what choice do they have?

• Like 2

Brewers 6

Blue Jays 1

Sorry, Jays, but you've been FIERED! As in Mike FIERS......three straight dominating starts for the journeyman..... :haz:

http://media.jrn.com/images/440*275/b99333215z.1_20140819235156_000_gtn7h4j1.1-1.jpg

• Like 2

Brewers 6

Blue Jays 1

Sorry, Jays, but you've been FIERED! As in Mike FIERS......three straight dominating starts for the journeyman..... :haz:

http://media.jrn.com/images/440*275/b99333215z.1_20140819235156_000_gtn7h4j1.1-1.jpg

You guy's are hot! Saw the highlights earlier.

Dodgers finally win. But it wasn't pretty.

Brewers 6

Blue Jays 1

yes, Jays were a no show yesterday. It just wasn't 'Happ'ening for the Jays pitcher, either.

Jays leave Milwaukee with a split after scoring a much needed win today. Still, the Jays are having a horrible August. IMO, the Jays season is on life support and their backs are against the wall... need a big turn around at this point.

Brewers 6

Blue Jays 1

yes, Jays were a no show yesterday. It just wasn't 'Happ'ening for the Jays pitcher, either.

Jays leave Milwaukee with a split after scoring a much needed win today. Still, the Jays are having a horrible August. IMO, the Jays season is on life support and their backs are against the wall... need a big turn around at this point.

The Jays have a formidable lineup, and the Brewers' shaky bullpen threw some mighty tasty pitches..... :doh: They just love giving up homers!!

OK, Dodger fans...count me in your camp. I hope the Pygmies go winless for the rest of the year.

The San Francisco Giants have prevailed in their protest of Tuesday night's tarp-snafu game, MLB announced.

The game between the Giants and the Cubs will be resumed at 5 ET Thursday before the teams' regularly scheduled game, according to multiple reports. It will start in the bottom of the fifth with the Cubs leading, 2-0.

Rain had halted play after 4 1/2 innings at Wrigley Field on Tuesday, the minimum length for a regulation major league game. That began a 4-hour, 34-minute delay that extended until the victory was awarded to the Cubs in the wee hours of Wednesday morning.

Cubs officials and the umpiring crew insisted that they were aware of the game's importance to the Giants, who are competing for a postseason berth. But the grounds crew appeared to struggle to cover the field properly with the tarpaulin, which led to excess water being dumped on the infield dirt when the crew attempted to remove the tarp.

The Giants claimed that not enough was done to dry the infield in a timely manner.

The Giants are the first to prevail in an MLB game protest in 28 years. On June 16, 1986, the the Pirates won a protest that a game in Pittsburgh against St. Louis ended prematurely with the Cardinals leading, 4-1. The game was resumed two days later. (The Cardinals held on to win, 4-2.)

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/11384538/san-francisco-giants-win-appeal-finish-game-vs-chicago-cubs

Now watch them go on a 10 game winning streak.

• Like 1

Richards is now being taken off the field on a stretcher. His knee buckled covering first and he collapsed. He was down and motionless for about 10 minutes.

Ugly injury. I'd be surprised if he pitches again this year. :(

Richards is now being taken off the field on a stretcher. His knee buckled covering first and he collapsed. He was down and motionless for about 10 minutes.

Ugly injury. I'd be surprised if he pitches again this year. :(

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs38/150/i/2011/113/c/7/the_voodoo_doll_by_naenia_grieves-d1qehx6.jpg

I'll be damned. It worked...

• Like 1