Bands you like, but are embarrassed to admit that you like

Brucey

:codger: Segue!! :blah: Paging Segue.......... :)

Hey!

Lol I am not embarrassed by anything in my collection, but if I have my Toto records on high, well, I just pray that nobody walks in! Lol...hard being a 23 year old bloke rocking out to the likes of Rosanna or Georgy Porgy...

I have a lot of poppy stuff like Coldplay, ABBA and Billy Joel. Kylie...her indie style albums were actually cool (o dear ME!!), the odd Madonna...

...I saw Opeth live. I had my face almost seared off by Arch Enemy. I chill out to the sounds of Fleetwood Mac. Miles Davis blows my mind...I think I deserve my cheese (I just LOVE CHEESE!!).

But to be honest, the hardest band to admit I love is probably Rush. I am not ashamed, but I avoid telling people coz I get angry with all the stupid comments about Geddy's voice!

• Like 4

Katatonia

Really? I am not impressed by this answer. Katatonia are truly brilliant!

What next? Porcupine Tree? Anathema? Paradise Lost? THE SPICE GIRLS???

What is this world coming to?

Hey!

Lol I am not embarrassed by anything in my collection, but if I have my Toto records on high, well, I just pray that nobody walks in! Lol...hard being a 23 year old bloke rocking out to the likes of Rosanna or Georgy Porgy...

I have a lot of poppy stuff like Coldplay, ABBA and Billy Joel. Kylie...her indie style albums were actually cool (o dear ME!!), the odd Madonna...

...I saw Opeth live. I had my face almost seared off by Arch Enemy. I chill out to the sounds of Fleetwood Mac. Miles Davis blows my mind...I think I deserve my cheese (I just LOVE CHEESE!!).

But to be honest, the hardest band to admit I love is probably Rush. I am not ashamed, but I avoid telling people coz I get angry with all the stupid comments about Geddy's voice!

I thought twice about posting what I did because I thought to myself.... This dude is not embarrassed at all.... :) :cheers: my brother

Hey!

I thought twice about posting what I did because I thought to myself.... This dude is not embarrassed at all.... :) :cheers: my brother

Woop alkey-hole!

I am trying to rack my brains (I have several)...not one thing comes to mind!

...um...

Michael Jackson...I find him really irritating and I don't really like him...but darn it, Dangerous is such a good album!

Well there are no bands that I am ashamed of liking, however I get a lot of odd looks from people for me liking Owl City because of his pop music ties and sometimes simple song writing, but I feel justified because I love the synth sounds he commonly uses, he is way more inspired than anything else on the radio (most of the time), and all his songs make me really happy, or put me in a good mood.

I love Spandau Ballet.

Was rocking out to "Only When You Leave" earlier today in the car!

I'd have to say Erasure. Yes, I love me some over-the-top iconic 80's gay club music!
  • Like 2

I'd have to say Erasure. Yes, I love me some over-the-top iconic 80's gay club music!

Don't forget Pet Shop Boys.

Duran Duran - Their 1st 3 albums are solid.

ABC

Billy Joel

As far as this board's attitude towards it, some rap. I prefer old school "sucka free" though. Kanye, Jay Z and Drake are way overrated. However, I do like that dude who did Airplanes and Nothin' On You, B.o.B.. His new album is disappointing, though.

Also, I'd mention Huey Lewis and Phil Collins (80s era) normally but it's now safe to listen to thanks to Patrick Bateman. :LOL:

Edited by invisible airwave

There was a period when it was hard to admit to liking KISS after 1978 or 79. Since the reunion that's all changed. I do have some odd stuff in my iTunes library like the Bee Gees, Duran Duran and Michael Jackson. But the Jackson's were awesome as kids and the solo stuff through Thriller is really good record making. The Bee Gees too, really good record making. Plus their career goes back to the 60s and their early hits are really good. Not embarrassed though. Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2
  • Like 1

Why would you be embarrassed about a band or type of music you like?

Dunno.

As in, someone asks you what your favourite bands are, and you answer, but you think in your head, "Ooh, don't fancy telling him that I like Michael Jackson." - or whoever.

Anybody have any?

No.

About the only thing I don't often admit is the affinity I have for cheesy '70s pop songs- Summer Breeze, Sister Golden Hair, et. al...but mainly, about the whole idea behind this thread, I just think, why should I be embarrassed by anything I like?

• Like 1

I own every Beyoncé album (aside from her latest, HORRIBLE!), and most of her DVD's. I regard her debut solo effort Dangerously In Love as one of my top 50 albums. It's just so good!

Now...I am not embarrassed, coz I also own several of her DVD's, and she is an excellent stage performer (I reckon the best of her generation, whatever genre), and ridiculously, painfully, and inappropriately beautiful (its not even funny...she is just to good to be true).

Am I embarrased? Nope. But I probably wouldn't bring her up in a serious music discussion or debate!