What is the best cup of coffee you have ever had?

Mystic Rythm

:DI was just gonna say...don't you drink Folgers?

I hate it more than anything. You have no idea. I want to get back to drinking good coffee I can sit and enjoy instead of just drinking something to get caffeine into my system as quickly as possible.

Ok, this weekend, I'm going to go out and buy a new French press, coffee beans and a new grinder.

Note: Never attempt to grind crayons in a coffee bean grinder thinking you will end up with neat little crayon shavings for an art project you have in mind. It doesn't work.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 1

My sister and her husband had a Saeco Vienna that I covet. Not gonna happen at $700, though.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/saeco-espresso/vienna-silver-ri9737_20/prd/en/

• Like 1

This is how we make our coffee over here.

WITH MOUSTACHE!!!!!! :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

You know, I bought one about a year ago and hated it. Maybe I had the wrong grind (I had to use a local café to grind the beans for me). There was always this layer of coffee muck and it seemed really thick. I used it a couple times and got rid of it.

Yes, I think it had to be the grind. Caffettiere work fine with the large-brands we can get here, but once in a while I go and fetch a fantastic brew in a very nice bar we have in the city, and often it's grinded too much and messes up with the machine. Too bad!

I used to use one of those until one day it kind of blew up and spewed coffee all over the walls. I would rather go full tilt and buy an espresso machine ;)

To quote a venerable member of this forum, espresso machines are for soccer mums.

Sorry but you won't see me near any of those. They're just another trick to spill money. Give a good old seasoned caffettiera anytime!

I used to use one of those until one day it kind of blew up and spewed coffee all over the walls. I would rather go full tilt and buy an espresso machine ;)

To quote a venerable member of this forum, espresso machines are for soccer mums.

Sorry but you won't see me near any of those. They're just another trick to spill money. Give a good old seasoned caffettiera anytime!

My dire financial status will take care of that automatically ;)

• Like 1

My sister and her husband had a Saeco Vienna that I covet. Not gonna happen at $700, though.

http://www.usa.phili...9737_20/prd/en/

Pretty machine. $700 is a lot, unless you're buying Starbucks everyday. At $5/day that's 140 days and the machine's paid for! (I sound like a salesman)

!

http://www.attitudearcade.com/prod_images_large/SOCCER-MOM-PROUD2.jpg

• Like 1

Donut House coffee made in a Keurig with Carnation vanilla creamer where the lid to the creamer has been properly, completely removed (only applies to foil lids, the plastic ones have to be completely removed.)

I hate it more than anything. You have no idea. I want to get back to drinking good coffee I can sit and enjoy instead of just drinking something to get caffeine into my system as quickly as possible.

Ok, this weekend, I'm going to go out and buy a new French press, coffee beans and a new grinder.

Note: Never attempt to grind crayons in a coffee bean grinder thinking you will end up with neat little crayon shavings for an art project you have in mind. It doesn't work.

Of course not! You should use a $300 Breville Juicer for that.

• Like 1

One thing I did was return to the stainless perculator about 10 years ago. It's amazing how bad drip makers are once you try a perculated cup. I discovered perculaors again after my wife bought me one to use over a campfire when I go hunting/camping.

Makes a much richer and hotter cup of coffee.

• Like 1

Peets beans freshly ground with Carnation Cinnamon Vanilla or Fench Vanilla. A nice full pot so there's enough for more than one person.

Just brought home two new babies. I got a nice French press and a new grinder (which I will not shred crayons in). Will report my findings tomorrow morning.
  • Like 1

http://mocoloco.com/fresh2/upload/2010/05/y1_iperespresso_machine_by_illy/francisfrancis_x1_espresso_machine.jpg

Our little baby. I'm gonna go fire it up right now, as a matter of fact.

I've been fearful of spending the money on an espresso machine. I worked in cafes for years, in Seattle, in the early 90s when there were only little cafes. No Starbucks on every corner. I was taught how to pull the perfect shot of espresso and it does not happen on the first pull. In fact, it requires a lot of adjustments which means, you can go through a ton of coffee before you get that perfect pull. The grind needs to be perfect and the espresso needs to fill the shot glass in a certain amount of time. This is also why I cannot watch people in cafes today pull espresso. I cringe when I see it taking a loooong time for that espresso to fill those shot glasses or when it pours really fast because I know what the coffee is going to taste like.

Although, I guess if I'm willing to drink store brand coffee in my coffee maker, I shouldn't be too picky!!

Went out last night to a wonderful little restaurant and had the most amazing espresso. There is nothing better than a perfect espresso. Well, maybe there are a few things better.
  • Like 1

http://mocoloco.com/fresh2/upload/2010/05/y1_iperespresso_machine_by_illy/francisfrancis_x1_espresso_machine.jpg

Our little baby. I'm gonna go fire it up right now, as a matter of fact.

I've been fearful of spending the money on an espresso machine. I worked in cafes for years, in Seattle, in the early 90s when there were only little cafes. No Starbucks on every corner. I was taught how to pull the perfect shot of espresso and it does not happen on the first pull. In fact, it requires a lot of adjustments which means, you can go through a ton of coffee before you get that perfect pull. The grind needs to be perfect and the espresso needs to fill the shot glass in a certain amount of time. This is also why I cannot watch people in cafes today pull espresso. I cringe when I see it taking a loooong time for that espresso to fill those shot glasses or when it pours really fast because I know what the coffee is going to taste like.

Although, I guess if I'm willing to drink store brand coffee in my coffee maker, I shouldn't be too picky!!

Went out last night to a wonderful little restaurant and had the most amazing espresso. There is nothing better than a perfect espresso. Well, maybe there are a few things better.

But only a few ;)

The best coffee I’ve ever had is the one I make on my woodstove every morning… with water from my spring. People tell me often that it’s really good coffee. I think it must be the water I use because I just buy regular coffee… most times, the least expensive one I find.

I also use an old time aluminum coffee percolator… I call it my “cowboy coffee pot.”

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 2

The best coffee I’ve ever had is the one I make on my woodstove every morning… with water from my spring. People tell me often that it’s really good coffee. I think it must be the water I use because I just buy regular coffee… most times, the least expensive one I find.

I also use an old time aluminum coffee percolator… I call it my “cowboy coffee pot.”

This is the very reason I threw out the drip maker years ago and went back to a perculator. Using a camping perculator over a camp fire did it!

• Like 1

LOL the best cup turned into about 5 cups- the first time I ever truly enjoyed the taste.

Waiting for my dad to get car insurance. In the waiting room they had donuts and coffee- I added cream and sugar to the coffee and drank it. OK, that was good.....I kept drinking coffee and by the time my dad came out, I was BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS.

He said "OK yeah no more coffee for you." lol

• Like 2

So I've been using my new French press for a while now. I love it! What a difference. Do not want to go back to regular drip coffee. I cannot believe how much better the coffee is.

I'm a happy girl now with my awesome coffee at home and my new quad shot over ice from Starbucks.

• Like 4

So I've been using my new French press for a while now. I love it! What a difference. Do not want to go back to regular drip coffee. I cannot believe how much better the coffee is.

I'm a happy girl now with my awesome coffee at home and my new quad shot over ice from Starbucks.

There's a coffee shop here called Press (which kind of speaks for itself, doesn't it?)- everything that serve is made with a French press. It's great stuff.

I used to use a gold filter instead of paper, which was interesting- it would always leave this residue at the bottom of the cup, so I'd get it in the last few sips. It was like silt; that's the only way I can describe it, physically. But anyway...yummy!

:coffee: :ebert: