2014 Winter Olympics

Shawn White walks away without a medal. :( :facepalm:

I was sad... not just for him, but for everyone. That halfpipe was a disgrace. All bumpy and slushy.... you look at the X games, and how much higher each jump was. That slush they were sledding thru really slowed them down.

I was happy for the guy that one, he put down some great stunts... he lost a lot of points with me for calling his trick the "YOLO flip"

I saw the women halfpipe contest yesterday, and when most of them crashed the same place I got to be very irritated. Of course it's the same for every contestant, but I'd rather she them snowboard on a good halfpipe, so they have the chance of showing their tricks.

Kaitlyn Farrington and Torah Bright are both locals. It was really fun to watch them take gold and silver. I think Torah Bright is a cutie.

The snow it horrible in Sochi. It looks like they're using snow cone ice. But, you can wear shorts around the olympic village.

• Like 1

Women's hockey today - Canada edged USA 3-2.

Men's hockey tomorrow - Canada vs Norway - Carey Price will start..

Well, that was a terrible first period. :facepalm:

A better second. How one shot from the point can change the whole picture of a game...
  • Like 1

A better second. How one shot from the point can change the whole picture of a game...

That was some move by Doughty. Looking for this team to play a lot better against Austria. :madra:
  • Like 1

3-1 Canada final score. Pretty dominant after the slightly shaky start. Might've been more lopsided on the scoreboard but the Norwegians spent pretty much the entire second half of the game with all 6 skaters in the crease. Since goal differential matters in this tournament, they obviously wanted to prevent a blowout at all costs in a game they had no real chance of winning...

edit: and I kinda thought Price looked a bit shaky on the very few times he was tested, but that might not really mean anything.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

A tie for gold in women's downhill...to the hundredth of a second. That is amazing!

I watched that last night, and it was so exciting! First-ever dual gold medal in the downhill, I think, and the first-ever gold medal in Winter Olympic history for Slovenia. Fantastic! Both skiers were so happy, and happy for each other. It was really nice to see.

I also really enjoyed the pairs figure skating that was on after that. Russian teams took both the gold and silver in that event. They were incredible!

That was some move by Doughty. Looking for this team to play a lot better against Austria. :madra:

That's Drew Doughty, born here in London, Ontario, Canada!! :madra:

• Like 1

US sweeps the podium in slopestyle skiing!

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/52fca834eab8eaf35a905b6c-960/us-medal-sweep-slopestyle.jpg

http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2014/freestyleskiing/story/_/id/10448899/2014-sochi-olympics-us-men-sweep-podium-slopestyle-skiing

Someone told me the U.S. had swept the podium in some skiing event earlier in the morning yesterday so I sort of had a spoiler going into the event. But that's alright, I still enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed the clown show.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2014113/rs_1024x759-140213074655-1024.Henrik-Harlaut-Skiing-Blue-Pants.jl.021314.jpg

I believe that Swedish skier Henrik Harlaut would not have crashed had he been wearing clothes that fit. At any rate, he was entertaining to watch.

• Like 1

US sweeps the podium in slopestyle skiing!

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/52fca834eab8eaf35a905b6c-960/us-medal-sweep-slopestyle.jpg

http://espn.go.com/o...opestyle-skiing

Someone told me the U.S. had swept the podium in some skiing event earlier in the morning yesterday so I sort of had a spoiler going into the event. But that's alright, I still enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed the clown show.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2014113/rs_1024x759-140213074655-1024.Henrik-Harlaut-Skiing-Blue-Pants.jl.021314.jpg

I believe that Swedish skier Henrik Harlaut would not have crashed had he been wearing clothes that fit. At any rate, he was entertaining to watch.

Slopestyle skiing is frikin ridicoulous. It took me years just to learn how to ski forwards these psyhcos are doing it all backwards - Stunning is the only word i have. :notworthy:

Canada 6 Austria 0 :) Every time Toews line was on the ice, Austrians were in trouble. Captain Serious is on a mission. :madra:

Wonder if Sharp will take Kunitz's spot in the lineup for the next game...

It was really weird seeing Luongo play behind a team that actually scores goals. Good for him. Have to think he gets the start against Finland, no?

Canada 6 Austria 0 :) Every time Toews line was on the ice, Austrians were in trouble. Captain Serious is on a mission. :madra:

Wonder if Sharp will take Kunitz's spot in the lineup for the next game...

It was really weird seeing Luongo play behind a team that actually scores goals. Good for him. Have to think he gets the start against Finland, no?

Yeah, I didn't feel confident seeing Price between the pipes either. I'm sure Luongo has the job for now.

That goal was a bit dicey....USA will be in the medal round for sure :madra:

• Like 1