Winter 2013 - 2014

RushCanuck

A huge snow storm hit us here in Detroit. About 10 inches of snow and about -20 degrees fahrenheit with windchill. My school was closed for 3 days now. Hopefully it's not closed or any longer because I got finals next week and I need to get my brain working again from winter break.

I saw where the roads were f*cked up in Detwat

supposedly going to be around 8 degrees F at my place in the morning. wind chill to take it below zero.

might end up being the coldest weather this southern boy has ever personally experienced. depends on how bad the wind gets.

right now it is about 25 F outside, and dropping fast, with a vicious wind that makes it feel much colder

a few months ago my two kids were trying to tell me that they didn't think living in cold climates would be bad. I replied that I thought they were saying that only because they had never experienced real cold and so didn't know what they were talking about. will be interesting to see if this arctic blast changes their opinions.

You should have sent them to MN this week. 24 below Monday morning, 20 below this morning, 15 below tomorrow morning.

Earlier this week it was -25C with a windchill of -40C. It slowly started warming up as the week progressed... today we have rain and +5C... a big improvement for which I am happy. Some snow is melting, and I can see patches of grass. The days are starting to get longer a minute each day. All promising signs. I am really looking forward to spring, so I can play golf (even though I suck, I still love it) and go see some Blue Jay games.

We're back into a deep freeze, and it will stay that way for the next several days, with a forecast of an inch or two of snow almost every day. :boo hiss:

Settle in and watch some golf. You will feel better at least for those few hours anyway.... :P

We're supposed to have 3 days next week with temperatures in the teens for highs and negative digits for the lows. I'm ready for Spring!

We got around 1 foot of snow in the Boston area last night. But it was so brutally cold this morning, that clearing it was a breeze. It was literally like clearing stuffing from a pillow.

Rednecks be using leaf blowers to clear snow today.

• Like 1

We got around 1 foot of snow in the Boston area last night. But it was so brutally cold this morning, that clearing it was a breeze. It was literally like clearing stuffing from a pillow.

Rednecks be using leaf blowers to clear snow today.

Or what this guy in North Dakota used last winter:

Fargo Man Arrested For Clearing Snow With Flamethrower

Nick Hirchert on February 18, 2013 - 1:35 pm in Local, News

http://fmobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/3206650427_cc5769b343_o-150x150.jpg

Maximizing time and efficiency!

Fargo, ND – Local resident Todd Fox has been detained for “reckless endangerment” and “illegal use of high-powered fire-breathing weaponry” for attacking snow with his flamethrower. Fox reportedly became so fed up with the week-long blowing snow epidemic in his area that he decided to KILL IT WITH FIRE.

The neighborhood was treated with quite a show last night as Fox unleashed an inferno upon the mountainous snow palace that was his front yard. Neighbors to his immediate right and left noticed a bright orange cloud and could hear what they thought was “puff the magic dragon spewing mayhem all over hell,” which prompted one of them to notify police.

Fox stated that he was simply “fed up with battling the elements” and that he did not possess the willpower necessary to move “four billion tons of white bull shit.”

Police say that Fox surrendered his efforts immediately upon their arrival and that his front yard “looked like a hydrogen bomb had gone off.” They think he was just happy to be done with snow removal, even if it did mean a trip to jail.

http://fmobserver.com/fargo-man-arrested-for-clearing-snow-with-flamethrower/

• Like 2

Interesting little factoid from eastern Massachusetts I learned this morning. We have had more days that start in single digits this winter, already, than we did in the last two winters combined.

Fu*king co2......... :rage:

Edit: High in Myrtle Beach SC today is supposed to be around 35. Rare for here not to get out of the 30's daytime...

Edited by Narpet

The polar vortex is BACK............. :rage:

-18 Sunday night

High of -8 on Monday

-25 Monday night

High of -4 on Tuesday

-12 Tuesday night

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3216/2766959233_d91b1ce037_z.jpg

The polar vortex is BACK............. :rage:

-18 Sunday night

High of -8 on Monday

-25 Monday night

High of -4 on Tuesday

-12 Tuesday night

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3216/2766959233_d91b1ce037_z.jpg

OMG! :(

The polar vortex is back. We have a blowing snow warning on top of bone chilling winds and temperatures. If you drive and hit a stretch of open road, you will have reduced visibilty, potentially down to zero. About 4 inches of snow fell overnight for added enjoyment. It's supposed to go down to -23 C tonight. This has been one tough winter, and it's not even half way done. Eff off, winter!

It's cold on Myrtle Beach SC too. It wet down to 20 last night and the high today is not supposed to reach 40.... :cool: