Winter 2013 - 2014

RushCanuck

They were talking about the weather conditions for the Packers game on sports talk radio this morning. -51 with the wind chill? Is that right?

Packersnews.com says temps at kickoff should be around zero, and wind chills are expected to bring it to around -20.

It's not supposed to be all that windy on Sunday. 9 mph, which isn't bad at all for this time of year. Still, it will add to the bitter cold a bit.

The Bengals and Chargers played the AFC Championship Game in January, 1982, and it was -9 with a wind chill of -59..... :o That is offically the coldest game time temperature (wind aided) in NFL History. I lived down there at the time, and it was something..... The Bengal O-linemen came out in SHORT SLEEVES, just to intimidate the Chargers...... :LOL:

Brady is 24-5 in games where the temperature is below freezing, and his completion percentage is 62.7. For all the "heat" he takes for being a pretty boy, he is remarkably tough in games played in the "New England" winter. I like that.

http://espn.go.com/b...england-weather

• Like 1

I just saw on Fox that Winnipeg Ontario is 50 something below zero..... Geez... :sundog:

You must mean Winnipeg, Manitoba. A joke amongst us Canadians is it's called Winterpeg. Also, another joke is that Winnipeg only has 2 seasons per year - winter and July.

I just saw on Fox that Winnipeg Ontario is 50 something below zero..... Geez... :sundog:

You must mean Winnipeg, Manitoba. A joke amongst us Canadians is it's called Winterpeg. Also, another joke is that Winnipeg only has 2 seasons per year - winter and July.

Geography is not my strength for sure....:)
  • Like 1

As I type this, it is 18 degrees F outside of my house.

Clearly, that is not as bad as what you Northerners are going through, but for SC that is damned cold. Still colder on the way. Current forecast for Monday shows a low of 13 degrees for where I live.

I HATE ILLINOIS WEATHER. Lake's right in my backyard, basically, and our winter storms are so brutal. grew up in this weather but just because I'm used to it does NOT mean I tolerate it! lol

As I type this, it is 18 degrees F outside of my house.

Clearly, that is not as bad as what you Northerners are going through, but for SC that is damned cold. Still colder on the way. Current forecast for Monday shows a low of 13 degrees for where I live.

Right with ya.... Pretty cold for here but it never lasts long... :)

As Monday draws nearer, the forecast keeps getting revised downwards. As of right now, the forecast for where I live in the Deep South state of South Carolina for Monday has been lowered to a low of 8 degrees F.

Damn, I am going to miss the mere 26 degrees outside right now.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Last night here in London, Ontario it was - 20 Celcius with a windchill of - 30... It's supposed to 'warm up' this weekend to - 3, but Sunday into Monday they are calling for another 15 cm of snow, then the temperature will drop again into the deep freeze.

Right now, it is 1 degree F.

When I start work @ 5:00 pm this evening, it will be -6.

When I get home @ 4:00 am, it will be -22.

It's supposed to bottom out @ -26 and the high for Monday will be about -12.

http://giorgiaboitano.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/brr-winter.jpg?w=500&h=375

Took my daughter to a nearby power plant that attracts manatees today. (The water discharge is warmer than the gulf or bay waters so they hang out by the plant during most of the winter). T shirts and shorts probably around 78-80. Tuesday morning it will be below freezing.

Here was what is experienced on my drive into work this morning.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/cold_zps4e758c31.jpg

supposedly going to be around 8 degrees F at my place in the morning. wind chill to take it below zero.

might end up being the coldest weather this southern boy has ever personally experienced. depends on how bad the wind gets.

right now it is about 25 F outside, and dropping fast, with a vicious wind that makes it feel much colder

a few months ago my two kids were trying to tell me that they didn't think living in cold climates would be bad. I replied that I thought they were saying that only because they had never experienced real cold and so didn't know what they were talking about. will be interesting to see if this arctic blast changes their opinions.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

Blizzard warning in effect here :o :o

Looks like I might get stranded at work tonight.

My heart goes out to you... staying at work sucks but it might be the safest thing to do.

As bad as it is here, I know you folks in Buffalo have it worse. take care.

Right now, it is 1 degree F.

When I start work @ 5:00 pm this evening, it will be -6.

When I get home @ 4:00 am, it will be -22.

It's supposed to bottom out @ -26 and the high for Monday will be about -12.

http://giorgiaboitano.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/brr-winter.jpg?w=500&h=375

That's pretty much about the size of it... :(

Well, just terrible for me. I am stuck in a hotel in Willard, because PF sent their employees home at noon,yesterday, and they didn't come back until 3 pm, today. The roads are a solid sheet of ice, and some counties are still under a stage III snow emergency, which means only emergency driving. Luckily, I was able to deliver my rolls of paper into Kenton, but my load outta Willard won't be ready until at least tomorrow afternoon. The company is paying for my hotel, but I'm not making money.

At home, the pickup truck wouldn't start. BOTH batteries were dead. I just replaced one, but I should have replaced both, because I guess the old one killed the new one. My brother, thankfully, came over and replaced both batteries: Auto Zone replaced the new one for free, and my brother save me $50 with his OReilly discount. 2 batteries for $100 ain't bad, I guess. Now, my wife is able to go into town and pay property tax on the land and trailer .... YAY!

As for the cold, it only hit -10, less than the -20 forecasted. But, the wind was horrendous, with wind chills still at -30. I don't know how animals survive!

A huge snow storm hit us here in Detroit. About 10 inches of snow and about -20 degrees fahrenheit with windchill. My school was closed for 3 days now. Hopefully it's not closed or any longer because I got finals next week and I need to get my brain working again from winter break.