NCAA basketball thread 2013-14

laughedatbytime

What's up with the semifinals being on the 2nd tier channels, using 3rd tier broadcasters? It had all the feel of the MAC game of the week from Kalamazoo.

Which network did you watch? It's the homer broadcasts on TNT and truTV with the national broadcasters on TBS.

Why the hell it's not on CBS today is beyond me, though...

I had no idea. I just tuned to a channel that had the game, and it had a couple of nobodies announcing. It sounds like Billy Thacker from 1970s ACC games on there now. It never dawned on me that they were airing three versions of the same thing. Probably because they never have in the 40 years I've watched it. I figured Jim Nanz went on strike or something.

I assume CBS is trying to build its cable assets.

I had no idea. I just tuned to a channel that had the game, and it had a couple of nobodies announcing. It sounds like Billy Thacker from 1970s ACC games on there now. It never dawned on me that they were airing three versions of the same thing. Probably because they never have in the 40 years I've watched it. I figured Jim Nanz went on strike or something.

I didn't think CBS/Viacom owned the Turner networks.

You didn't mean Billy pACCker above, did you? Because, while I'm not really a fan of Kerr and Anthony's work today, I couldn't stand pACCker. Unless Billy's doing the women's games this year, I know he's always been quite the fan...

Wisconsin is going to regret not building the lead at the end of the half, I'm afraid. I don't think Kentucky's been in the lead at the end of the first half since the first game of the tournament.

Bucky Badger came to play! Big Blue will make their adjustments in the second half, but Bucky won't be going away.

Excellent game so far.....:ebert:

Great game the whole way! Wisconsin misses only one free throw the whole game and they lose by one.

Crazy!

Games like this one prove how great the NCAA Tournament is. What drama......what heartbreak for the Badgers, and yet another amazing win for BIG BLUE......

Yeah, I guess the billions of $ they get from advertising just isn't enough. They need to put it on cable/satellite and get some of that $, too. I'm glad we recorded the games on TBS. I didn't realize the other two channels were homer broadcasts. It would have sucked not to hear Jim Nantz.

Ugh, I feel bad for Wisconsin. They played a great game.

I didn't think CBS/Viacom owned the Turner networks.

You didn't mean Billy pACCker above, did you? Because, while I'm not really a fan of Kerr and Anthony's work today, I couldn't stand pACCker. Unless Billy's doing the women's games this year, I know he's always been quite the fan...

Wisconsin is going to regret not building the lead at the end of the half, I'm afraid. I don't think Kentucky's been in the lead at the end of the first half since the first game of the tournament.

I think it was Jim Thacker and Billy Packer, before Billy got the call to the big network.

Tonight will show how the NCAA violation-penalty system works perfectly. UConn, suspended from post-season play last year, clearly learned its lesson, re-grouped, and battled back all the way to the championship. They'll be rewarded tonight for their renewed commitment to the ideals of the student athlete and win it all.

:fury: The contract guarantees it.

• Like 2

Yeah, I guess the billions of $ they get from advertising just isn't enough. They need to put it on cable/satellite and get some of that $, too. I'm glad we recorded the games on TBS. I didn't realize the other two channels were homer broadcasts. It would have sucked not to hear Jim Nantz.

Ugh, I feel bad for Wisconsin. They played a great game.

What homers? When I tuned into the "Florida Gamecast" those two yokels made me think they were going to STFU and broacast Mick Hubert's (U of FL Sports Networks radio PbP announcer) call of the game. Oh my!

Helluva game! UConn mixed it up defensively, held off the charges that Kentucky sent their way. defense wins championships, baby!

:cheerleader:

:fury:

• Like 1

Congrats, UConn Huskies.....

My young Wildcats have nothing to be ashamed of after this game.

They just missed golden opportunity after golden opportunity.

I can't be upset with these young guys.....

I watched the game with my 18 year old son and he is the same age as most players on that court.

Sucks getting old.....

Go Wildcats!!!

• Like 1

Congrats to the UCONN Huskies. Undefeated women's team has a chance to win the National Championship tomorrow night.

That would be a rare repeat! UConn won both back in 2004.

Congrats, UConn Huskies.....

My young Wildcats have nothing to be ashamed of after this game.

They just missed golden opportunity after golden opportunity.

I can't be upset with these young guys.....

I watched the game with my 18 year old son and he is the same age as most players on that court.

Sucks getting old.....

Go Wildcats!!!

That was about the sloppiest, ugliest second half I've ever watched!! :o Unforced errors and turnovers by both teams, bad shooting, just all around ugly play. Perhaps both teams were too worn out after playing so great the last few games..... :P That's the way it goes sometimes.....the team who is less ugly will win.....!!

Even though I'm proud UK is ranked #1....it's stupid with an unproven, albeit wildly talented, group of freshmen & sophomores.

How do you feel about that now?