NCAA basketball thread 2013-14

laughedatbytime

Does anyone on here honestly NOT have a busted bracket, already?

Mine isn't too bad. I've lost 5 games but other than Duke, no one in the Sweet Sixteen...I did have Duke going to the Elite 8. Can't afford to lose Kansas though.

The billion-dollar perfect bracket challenge didn't even survive the first round. 8.7 million brackets, and not one made it past Friday.

The pick distribution showed 97.6 percent thought Duke's Blue Devils would shut down the Mercer Bears. But even after a single game on the NCAA March Madness tournament's first day, almost 84 percent of participants were already knocked out when Dayton upset Ohio State.

Even if someone was among the 16.1 percent who correctly picked Dayton in Thursday's game AND the 1.9 percent who picked Mercer in today's, they still weren't in the clear -- because any other wrong pick in the early games would have wrecked their chance at a perfect bracket right out of the gate.

That happened when the three remaining players with perfect brackets got wiped out after ninth-seeded George Washington beat Memphis. This means it took just 25 games for everyone to be eliminated.

It's been a great tournament so far!

Mine is still alright, all my sweet sixteen teams still alive

Impressive!

yeah, no busters, but I think by the end my bracket will not be great. Syracuse going to final four instead of FL. If I was betting money head to head on which team is more likely, id pick FL, but of course you have to differentiate a bit to make any noise

Gives me a little satisfaction seeing the Flyers upend Syracuse..

That will teach them putting the Orangemen on the cover of SI.. :LOL:

• Like 1

Gives me a little satisfaction seeing the Flyers upend Syracuse..

That will teach them putting the Orangemen on the cover of SI.. :LOL:

Indeed...how about those UD Flyers? :)

People are going nuts around here (in my beloved city, I mean).

laughedatbytime, you must be neck-deep in joy and jubilation right now..... ;) ;)

http://donengler.com/assets/images/db_images/db_UNIVERSITY_OF_KENTUCKY_WILDCATS2.jpg

laughedatbytime, you must be neck-deep in joy and jubilation right now..... ;) ;)

http://donengler.com/assets/images/db_images/db_UNIVERSITY_OF_KENTUCKY_WILDCATS2.jpg

Check out my new logo/avatar/icon (for the next five days at least).

At least we can root for Bucky together...this UW team is different, and not painful to watch.

Mine isn't too bad. I've lost 5 games but other than Duke, no one in the Sweet Sixteen...I did have Duke going to the Elite 8. Can't afford to lose Kansas though.

F*cking Kentucky. That's the ball game for me.

• Like 1

Vonleh gone to the draft (where he'll probably average 2.1 pts in 4.8 garbage time minutes)

Hollowell and Etherington transferring.

Sounds like addition by subtraction to me.

ETA; Johnny Marlin too...

Edited by laughedatbytime

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/30/603/full/7298.png

Final Four?

Edited by goose

Betting lines for Sweet Sixteen: My pics

Florida -4.5 over UCLA

Stanford -3 over Dayton

Wisconsin -3.5 over Baylor

Arizona -7 over San Diego State

Iowa st -2 over UConn

Michigan St -2 over Virginia

Michigan -2.5 over Tennessee

Louisville -5 over Kentucky.

Upset City! (with the points)

Sorry about the format but these are the probabilities for the rest of the tournament, using up to date Sagarin pure points ratings and an sd of 8. The first number is the probabiity to get to the elite eight the second to get to the final four the third to the championship game, the fourth the odds of winning it all, the fifth the Sagarin rating, and the sixth is the odds against winning it all...

Virginia 53.2% 32.7% 16.6% 6.4% 90.59 15.51

Iowa State 58.4% 25.3% 10.9% 3.5% 88.95 28.97

Michigan State 46.8% 27.3% 13.0% 4.7% 89.94 21.40

UConn 41.6% 14.7% 5.2% 1.3% 87.26 76.99

Florida 67.7% 58.1% 38.1% 18.7% 92.75 5.35

UCLA 32.3% 23.7% 11.3% 3.6% 89.08 27.46

Stanford 62.6% 13.2% 3.8% 0.7% 85.01 153.10

Dayton 37.4% 5.0% 0.9% 0.1% 82.44 1,013.66

Michigan 50.0% 16.7% 6.4% 2.9% 89.74 34.05

Louisville 77.5% 56.6% 34.6% 23.9% 94.65 4.19

Lexington-NBDL 22.5% 10.0% 3.3% 1.3% 88.61 74.18

Tennessee 50.0% 16.7% 6.4% 2.9% 89.74 34.05

Arizona 81.0% 56.4% 32.8% 22.0% 94.18 4.54

Wisconsin 64.9% 26.8% 11.7% 6.2% 91.08 16.21

San Diego State 19.0% 6.9% 1.8% 0.6% 87.16 159.03

Baylor 35.1% 9.9% 3.0% 1.1% 88.02 88.19

• Like 1

SDSU giving 'Zona a hard time. UCLA keeping it close with Florida. Couple of great games here!

Everything the first games weren't.

• Like 1

Betting lines for Sweet Sixteen: My pics

Florida -4.5 over UCLA

Stanford -3 over Dayton

Wisconsin -3.5 over Baylor

Arizona -7 over San Diego State

Well, got 3 of 4.

People are still going nuts here in Dayton. :)

Would it be too far-fetched to think of Archie Miller's team and Sean Miller's team squaring off against one another?

Would it be too far-fetched to think of Archie Miller's team and Sean Miller's team squaring off against one another?

It would have to be in the Finals. Right now, using the method detailed above, there's a 0.8% chance of it happening, about 1 in 126.

It would have to be in the Finals. Right now, using the method detailed above, there's a 0.8% chance of it happening, about 1 in 126.

Yeah, I thought it would be in the final game, and not before then. Not likely. But it's an interesting musing, anyway.

Yeah, I thought it would be in the final game, and not before then. Not likely. But it's an interesting musing, anyway.

:LOL: Just caught that! :clap:

• Like 1

Hey, they're a self described non traditional program; they might as well be described in a non traditional way.

Hey, they're a self described non traditional program; they might as well be described in a non traditional way.

Can't wait for them to get unionized!