NCAA basketball thread 2013-14

laughedatbytime

Indiana gets the win over Iowa. We've now beaten Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin. :cheerleader:

And lost to Penn State, Nebraska, Purdue, and Northwestern, the first and last at home. :facepalm:

NIT NIT !!

I can't stay up for the late games ,but it's been so bad this year I fall asleep during the afternoon games.

Indiana gets the win over Iowa. We've now beaten Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin. :cheerleader:

And lost to Penn State, Nebraska, Purdue, and Northwestern, the first and last at home. :facepalm:

NIT NIT !!

I can't stay up for the late games ,but it's been so bad this year I fall asleep during the afternoon games.

The OSU game is going to be a grinder. At least we don't ever have to see Aaron Craft again after tomorrow. (Except maybe in the BTT. And NCAA Final Four. Just kidding about that last one.)

OSU goes down. Without Vonleh, no less.

There's still hope if we beat Nebraska and Michigan (hope they beat the Illini Wed night so they have nothing to play for Sat night). Maybe one win in the BTT would be necessary then.

Too bad the preconference schedule was so weak and that we lost to three of the four real opponents we played. The losses to PSU, Ill, NW, and Purdue really hurt too but no under bubble team has the wins vs Wis, Iowa, Mich, and OSU that the Hoosiers do.

There's still hope if we beat Nebraska and Michigan (hope they beat the Illini Wed night so they have nothing to play for Sat night). Maybe one win in the BTT would be necessary then.

Too bad the preconference schedule was so weak and that we lost to three of the four real opponents we played. The losses to PSU, Ill, NW, and Purdue really hurt too but no under bubble team has the wins vs Wis, Iowa, Mich, and OSU that the Hoosiers do.

I thought they had no chance without Noah .

I thought they had no chance without Noah .

I remember telling my wife when it was 19-11 that I wasn't sure I wanted to watch this and it was going to be ugly.

But OSU couldn't shoot at all. When Ross went out with foul trouble I wasn't sure how they were going to score.

It's fascinating that IU was the better team last year and lost at AH to OSU and this year's team could actually beat them....

I can't remember the last time I saw a team go an entire game without hitting one 3. They had a few open looks too...especially Craft. I knew he wasn't a great shooter but I didn't think he sucked that badly.

Michigan wins regular season B1G title with 31 pt blowout of Illinois.

Would be nice if they "prepare for the post season" Saturday night.

What is happening to Syracuse? Lost 4 of 5...

With a bad loss to Ga Tech tonight.

In some sense it could be the law of averages catching up to them. Even when they were undefeated they were only about 12-15 in Sagarin and kenpom. And other quality teams (Wisconsin) have had rough stretches. It's a long year.

f***ing NIf***ingh T.

F***

Fairly good game from the neutral POV, though.

Better losing this one to the Huskers than OSU, Wisky, or PU, I guess. It's a decent win for the Huskers. 10-8 in the B1G should get them in, and hopefully they can take out the Badgers and finish 11-7 and remove all doubt.

f***ing NIf***ingh T.

F***

Fairly good game from the neutral POV, though.

Better losing this one to the Huskers than OSU, Wisky, or PU, I guess. It's a decent win for the Huskers. 10-8 in the B1G should get them in, and hopefully they can take out the Badgers and finish 11-7 and remove all doubt.

Indeed. If they beat Wisconsin, even if they shit themselves in the Big Ten tourney, they should get in. 19-11, 11-7 in the Big Ten would be awfully tough to turn away.

Important game. Senior Night. And then that bullsh!t.

God we suck.

Noah is a stud , Yogi improved at least form a scoring point of view , Shehey was Shehey , but I saw little if no improvement from anyone else this year.

It hurt that Fisher left , but this was one waste of a season.

God we suck.

Noah is a stud , Yogi improved at least form a scoring point of view , Shehey was Shehey , but I saw little if no improvement from anyone else this year.

You can see glimmers of talent from Troy and Stan but they are far too careless with the ball. I think Evan Gordon was a way to increase the chances that Eron will come when he's ready. Devin Davis was a good contributor yesterday but who knows if he'll ever be able to contribute consistenly to a top 15 team.

The lack of consistent outside shooters really hurt. Hopefully Blackmon, Johnson, and Hoeltzel all purported to be shooters, can rectify that next year.

I completely agree that the loss of Fischer really was a problem.

You think Noah stays or goes?

God we suck.

You can see glimmers of talent from Troy and Stan but they are far too careless with the ball. I think Evan Gordon was a way to increase the chances that Eron will come when he's ready. Devin Davis was a good contributor yesterday but who knows if he'll ever be able to contribute consistenly to a top 15 team.

The lack of consistent outside shooters really hurt. Hopefully Blackmon, Johnson, and Hoeltzel all purported to be shooters, can rectify that next year.

I hope he stays , doesn't help that Dakich keeps talking about him being a top 10 pick ...just shut up Dan ! :rage:

I saw the next Dunham kid play last night in the New Castle Sectional , Kenton is a sophomore at Pendleton Heights and a good looking talent.

Edited by nappy2112

God we suck.

I hope he stays , doesn't help that Dakich keeps talking about him being a top 10 pick ...just shut up Dan ! :rage:

I saw the next Dunham kid play last night in the New Castle Sectional , Kenton is a sophomore at Pendleton Heights and a good looking talent.

I hope he stays (obviously, he's our only very good big this year and next) and I think he will. He moved up a class in high school so he could play against mature competition for longer (I believe, though who really knows). And this year's draft is supposed to be loaded (though I don't know how deep..there were all of these UK players who were supposed to go and only Randle has really come through as projected. OTOH, Embiid is a stud.

But it might get frustrating for him to get as few shots a game as he does, and he might want to get the clock started earlier for his second contract.

Dakich shutting up is always a good thing. He knows his stuff but his presentation is so annoying you want to strangle him once a telecast.

God we suck.

I missed the second part of your post. Is Kenton better than Kellen at the same age.

Off topic: Calling your kids Kenton and Kellen? Really?

Wiggins finally coming alive. Today he had 41 pts on 18 shots with 8 boards, 4 blocks and 5 steals.

KU still lost, after a furious rally from a 25 pt deficit.

The Big 12 is quite the conference, I think their 8th place team could finish 2nd in the SEC.

God we suck.

I missed the second part of your post. Is Kenton better than Kellen at the same age.

I saw Kellen as a junior and senior only so i can't say.

Meanwhile U of L is puttin' on a clinic against UCONN.

God we suck.

I saw Kellen as a junior and senior only so i can't say.

Meanwhile U of L is puttin' on a clinic against UCONN.

Damn. We needed UConn to win that one to make our SOS improve...

:)

Iowa State just hit a 3 from about 25 feet at the buzzer to tie Okie State at 71.

Why does Robinson take a 3 down 3 in the last minute when he's a 23 percenter for the year (3-13) and hadn't hit one since Groundhog Day.
  • Like 1

Why does Robinson take a 3 down 3 in the last minute when he's a 23 percenter for the year (3-13) and hadn't hit one since Groundhog Day.

Missed the game , my youngest daughter called and wanted to go to the Sectional so back to New Castle I went. Richmond pulled away late to beat Pendleton Heights 63-44 (it was 49-44 with 4:00 left) and win their first sectional since class play began in '97.

Tough one for the Devils in next weeks regional as they get Arsenal Tech and Trey Lyles.

Missed the game , my youngest daughter called and wanted to go to the Sectional so back to New Castle I went. Richmond pulled away late to beat Pendleton Heights 63-44 (it was 49-44 with 4:00 left) and win their first sectional since class play began in '97.

Tough one for the Devils in next weeks regional as they get Arsenal Tech and Trey Lyles.

Go Richmond...(not gonna root for the guy going to uk....)

• Like 1