NCAA basketball thread 2013-14

laughedatbytime

Huge win for the Wolverines, that's for sure. Now a game up on the loss side on Sparty with a game at home later in the year. Nice stretch beating a really good Hawkeye team, and winning in the Kohl Center and at Breslin.

A Rush mention on BTN during an otherwise desultory Indiana-Illinois hoop clash.

When Shon Morris mentioned that Stauskas won the "Juno Award" for the first half of the conference season, they talked about the Junos as the Canadian equivalent of the Grammies and mentioned that they were dominated by Anne Murray, Rush, and the occasional Bryan Adams.

Not a great half of basketball though. Etherington led the team in first half scoring with 7.

Hey, nap...just did some quick calculations today on the rest of the Hoosier season using comparative scores in conference to date with margin of victory, standard deviations (about 8.1/game) and HCA (about 2.8/game.), using a normal distribution. This gave the Hoosiers about a 44% chance of winning at Nebraska and a final league record of 7-11.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Hey, nap...just did some quick calculations today on the rest of the Hoosier season using comparative scores in conference to date with margin of victory, standard deviations (about 8.1/game) and HCA (about 2.8/game.), using a normal distribution. This gave the Hoosiers about a 44% chance of winning at Nebraska and a final league record of 7-11.

Hope I'm wrong.

I fear that's about right.

Hope I'm wrong.

Wins vs NW (about 60%) on the road, and Neb, PSU, and IIRC OSU at home.

About 47% chance of a win vs PU at Mackey...

I have the Huskers winning 8 in conference.

Hope I'm wrong.

Knowing the Hoosiers they'll lose to Nebraska and beat Michigan.

Hope I'm wrong.

Knowing the Hoosiers they'll lose to Nebraska and beat Michigan.

Hopefully they'll catch Michigan overconfident, since they'll be 8-0 and coming off an easy win vs Purdue at Ann Arbor.

Newbill was pure on a 3 to tie in regulation and a long 2 over Craft at the end of OT for the win.

I would have bet the farm that PSU's last possession would have ended on a steal on an uncalled hack by Craft. Glad it didn't happen though.

Northwestern wins at the Kohl Center! 65-56.

Guess the IU loss to them is a little less embarrassing.

• Like 1

1/2 game behind Northwestern and tied with Nebraska. Oh well, at least we're half a game ahead of Penn State.

You gonna watch the NIT, nap?

1/2 game behind Northwestern and tied with Nebraska. Oh well, at least we're half a game ahead of Penn State.

You gonna watch the NIT, nap?

Yeah probably .. one good thing about having to get up a 3:30 AM is I can't stay up watch that crap.

For the first time since 1960, the Northwestern Wildcats have won three road games in a row in the league, besting Minnesota 55-54. Gophers had two shots within five feet for the victory.

Bo Ryan loses three straight at home for the first time ever at Wisconsin, Ohio State wins 59-58...