NCAA basketball thread 2013-14

laughedatbytime

People are still going nuts here in Dayton. :)

Would it be too far-fetched to think of Archie Miller's team and Sean Miller's team squaring off against one another?

It would have to be in the Finals. Right now, using the method detailed above, there's a 0.8% chance of it happening, about 1 in 126.

Yeah, I thought it would be in the final game, and not before then. Not likely. But it's an interesting musing, anyway.

Lexington-NBDL 22.5% 10.0% 3.3% 1.3% 88.61 74.18

:LOL: Just caught that! :clap:

Hey, they're a self described non traditional program; they might as well be described in a non traditional way.

Can't wait for them to get unionized!

Hey if Northwestern football can do it!

Would it be too far-fetched to think of Archie Miller's team and Sean Miller's team squaring off against one another?

It would have to be in the Finals. Right now, using the method detailed above, there's a 0.8% chance of it happening, about 1 in 126.

Yeah, I thought it would be in the final game, and not before then. Not likely. But it's an interesting musing, anyway.

Hey, they're a self described non traditional program; they might as well be described in a non traditional way.

I thought SOCN would be all over that announcement!

I thought SOCN would be all over that announcement!

I almost started a thread on it but decided I'd rather just make a bunch of lame, snarky jokes than introduce a substantive topic. Maybe if there were guns involved somehow it would get some traction.

Tennessee almost gets the steal they needed...twice. Make the foul...with 2.1...

Michigan tried to lose but they got too far ahead.

Meanwhile, the Huskies won what almost seemed like a home game and move on to the regional finals.

Hopefully, the Big Ten and American Athletic Conference can win in the nightcaps too.

Hoping the Cardinals can hang on, here...

I chuckled a little when one of Harrell's free throws put them up 21-12.

Right now, a three point game with under 3:00 to go.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

http://donengler.com/assets/images/db_images/db_UNIVERSITY_OF_KENTUCKY_WILDCATS2.jpg

:goodone: :goodone: :goodone:

• Like 1

Great Win Wildcats!

Beat Michigan.....

That was one of the grittiest wins I've seen in a long time. Playing all 40 minutes, making those free throws, and getting CLUTCH play at the end.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 1

Great Win Wildcats!

Beat Michigan.....

That was one of the grittiest wins I've seen in a long time. Playing all 40 minutes, making those free throws, and getting CLUTCH play at the end.

Amen!

Even the haters have to give it up to the Wildcats.....

(But they won't)

Revised Saturday morning odds...

FF SF F Sagarin 1 in x

Michigan State 63.1% 25.3% 10.4% 90.23 9.63

UConn 36.9% 10.6% 3.1% 87.56 32.34

Florida 89.6% 61.7% 30.3% 83.16 306.02

Michigan 53.4% 18.3% 7.7% 89.96 13.04

Kentucky 46.6% 14.5% 5.6% 89.27 17.81

Arizona 60.2% 42.6% 26.1% 94.04 3.83

Wisconsin 39.8% 24.5% 12.6% 91.98 7.93

Great Win Wildcats!

Beat Michigan.....

Amen!

Even the haters have to give it up to the Wildcats.....

(But they won't)

What constitutes a "hater"?

You..... :P

Don't most fans hate their team's rival?

You..... :P

Don't most fans hate their team's rival?

Kentucky and Louisville are rivals.

Kentucky and other SEC teams are rivals.

Kentucky and Indiana are not rivals.....that is, they're not competing for any conference title and/or state bragging rights on a regular basis. Kentucky/Indiana is no different than Kentucky/North Carolina or Duke.

Indiana's rivals are in Indiana and in the Big Ten.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Yes, I believe that IU and UK are rivals. You don't have to be in the same conference or from the same state to be rivals, it's a cross border rivalry. USC and Notre Dame are football rivalries, their game is almost always called an intersectional rivalry. UK and UNC or UK and Duke are also rivalries.

To the "axe grinding" point, you are right that I don't like the UK program in ways that go beyond basketball.

I don't think John Calipari and his non traditional approach are good for college basketball..

There is a history of corruption, point shaving, and racism in the UK program that I find abhorrent.

Is IU perfect? No...we hired Samscum and he took the program in a direction that I find abhorrent and most IU fans did as well...it was not a program to be proud to be a fan of. But comparatively, historically, UK is a much dirtier program than IU.

Even though Calipari has been much more successful than Crean, I would not want him as a coach at IU and would not support the team during his tenure.

To the "axe grinding" point, you are right that I don't like the UK program in ways that go beyond basketball.

Life is way too short to be this bitter......

I love supporting my favorite sports teams.

But displaying a constant "Axe to Grind" attitude towards a certain team(s) is a waste of time and energy in my opinion.

And if I recall correctly, you have been bitter towards the UK Wildcats since the 70s.

Life is way too short to be this bitter......

I love supporting my favorite sports teams.

But displaying a constant "Axe to Grind" attitude towards a certain team(s) is a waste of time and energy in my opinion.

And if I recall correctly, you have been bitter towards the UK Wildcats since the 70s.

You are correct, I have not liked the Wildcats since I have become a college basketball fan in the early 70s. At some times, I dislike them more than others. For example, during the Tubby Smith years I didn't really dislike the team much at all, and certainly not beyond the natural disdain one has for a rival. Hell, I think a strong minority if not a majority of UK fans hated Tubby while I never did.

It's not a constant obsession. I don't spend all day thinking about how much I hate them. But I believe I have valid reasons to do so and I don't think it's going to change.

But I believe I have valid reasons to do so and I don't think it's going to change.

It won't....

Your bitterness is deep rooted!

Enjoy life, my friend.

Thanks, you too.

I have a pretty great life. I'm not consumed by bitterness, believe me. I had no trouble getting to sleep last night after the UL-UK game. Hating UK basketball and Alabama football is a very small part of my existence.

• Like 1

But I believe I have valid reasons to do so and I don't think it's going to change.

It won't....

Your bitterness is deep rooted!

Enjoy life, my friend.

By the way, I hate the St Louis Cardinals too. How about you?

I have a pretty great life. I'm not consumed by bitterness, believe me. I had no trouble getting to sleep last night after the UL-UK game. Hating UK basketball and Alabama football is a very small part of my existence.

Great!

Enjoy your weekend and go Wildcats.

• Like 1