Sophomore Year Starts Today

Nate2112

Jeeeesus! Where has time gone off to? I'm a Sophomore now! I was effing 12...a mere 7th grader when I joined TRF and now look at me!

Anyways, how was your sophomore year at High School? Do ya regret it, love it or hate it?

The sophomore year of high school was the crown turd on what was, up to that time, the worst period of my entire life. I was still reeling from my brother's death, as he'd been killed two summers prior...I was drunk a lot of the time, I was withdrawn, sullen, angry, and blaming everyone else for everything that was wrong with me.

Have a wonderful sophomore year!

My sophomore year was pretty good. The 1-2 jerks who messed with me freshman year stopped doing it, I started getting to know people and making friends, and I had not yet fallen into the abyss of drug abuse.

It was still pretty humdrum, though. I was from the neighboring, poorer town, so I was not part of the "In Club".....and that was just fine with me!! :laughing guy:

Sophomore at High School? That was the year I took control of myself. 8th grade was great, being the oldest at the school and then Freshman year was rough, being the youngest. Sophomore year I got involved. I played basketball and golf, was on the math team and went to every event I could. It started me down a better path, and it set me up to be successful in college. Gave me the confidence to go away to school and not worry about making friends or finding my way.... I already did that.

Can't wait for Tony to reply... I think that was about the time electricity was invented....

idk, when I showed up to school, some days it was decent. But overall I hated high school lol.

I always say this after talking about high school- "but it doesn't mean you'll hate it. Don't go by MY experience." LOL!

My high school did not have 9th grade in it so sophomore was my first year. Wow. I can barely remember it. I met my best friend first day of school. I sat in back row of ap biology and him and some others that I became friends with sat nearby. Some other guy came in and tried to force me to move. We didn't fight that day but we did fight in the next couple of weeks during lunch. All for a seat... Met the two girls I spent most of the next three years with on same day. I guess I do remember some of it...

My first two years of high school were pretty terrible, but sophomore year was easily the worst. I didn't have many friends and I did terribly in several of my classes. I went from being a really good student in middle school to not really to not really giving a f**k about anything in high school. It wasn't until late-junior/senior year when I really changed for the better and started taking school seriously while being social/making friends. Sophomore year was definitely the kick in the ass that I really needed.

Sophomore year was great for me...freshman year started out rocky (got suspended for about a week...it was hard getting used to the yuppie school i went to)...but after that is when I hit my stride...Met a great girl, dated on and off throughout my time in high school (man i still miss her)...got into acting and show-choir...pretty much just coasted from then on to senior year...basically just make the most of it. Have fun, get involved (if you want), do stuff with friends, etc...and if they say "Pay attention, you'll need this for college"...go ahead and dismiss that...half the time its a lie.*

*DISCLAIMER: All advice is professional...but extrememly unlicensed and should be used with caution

I hope you have a great year Nate! It is an exciting time.

My sophomore year was better than my freshman year, but it was still one of the worst periods of my life. Luckily for me, that was the year I *really* started to get into Rush.

I just started my Sophomore Year on the 13th of August, and it's so far so good. I go to an IB school, which is almost like a school with nothing but AP courses. One thing that's good is that I have a PE class which I haven't taken before, and I think that there is a Freshman who is just as big of a Rush Rat as I am; however, I can't quite find him or her though. One thing that is bad is that I'm only third chair trumpet in my band class. I used to be first throughout 8th and 9th grade, but that's all changed now. At least I'll be the only bass player in Jazz band considering the other bassist graduated.

My high school experience was horrible with one exception: I met my future wife (we're looking to get married once we finish our bachelor's degrees in a year if all goes well). Other than that I found the material being taught to be uninteresting and the people to be horrible all around. The moment I left was the moment I started enjoying my education and meeting people who were very down to earth. I've got friends that loved high school, I've got friends who share similar experiences with me. It's different for everyone. There's no reason why you can't have a blast in high school and continue to do so afterward.

I hope you enjoy it.

Edited by USB Connector

late, but here's my two cents anyway...

My sophomore year was REALLY laid back; I just transferred schools and it was my only year in a much larger school, so I took advantage to lie low for awhile and avoided all, if any, drama that happened there. It was my favorite year of high school for those exact reasons.

My sophomore year was good, compared to my freshman year (not for bully's or new school or anything, just really big jump in difficulty). I have now just started my sophomore year at university and it is going well so far.

I'm only a junior but last year was pretty good in the beginning, but then later in the year I got really really sick and missed 2 straight weeks, which caused my grades to slip and that's when sophomore year wasn't fun anymore.

My sophomore year was a really mixed bag. I was in all three school plays, was involved in marching band, and it was the year I really got into Yes and started getting into Rush. It was the year I got Grace Under Pressure and 2112. And I got a bunch of Yes albums, including solo albums from Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman.

My grades that year were the weakest of my high school career. But I rebounded in 11th grade to post my best grades ever.