Kanye West compared to Jimi Hendrix on VMA's...

ALifeson85

out of dumb curiosity, i decided to try and find out what was considered to be his best song and listen to it - i found a top ten list and the song that was #1 actually had these lyrics - "let's have a toast for the douchebags, let's have a toast for the scumbags." i made it through about 30 seconds.

srsly? jimi hendrix? :facepalm:

*patiently waiting for the obligatory "Hendrix is overrated" comment*

Ha! I just saw what I did there. Obligatory & Hendrix in the same sentence.....for 15 pints of imaginary Guinness, name the song.....

No answer yet? Maybe nobody's home... ;)

"I got wild...staring eyes, and I got a strong urge to fly...but I got nowhere to fly to, fly to, fly to..."

• Like 1

Ha! I just saw what I did there. Obligatory & Hendrix in the same sentence.....for 15 pints of imaginary Guinness, name the song.....

"I got wild...staring eyes, and I got a strong urge to fly...but I got nowhere to fly to, fly to, fly to..."

Sir, your prize!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

West should not be mentioned within the same sentence as Hendrix.

What about this sentence? : Jimi Hendrix was a musical genius and Kanye West sucks donkey balls.

That is absolutely acceptable :cheers:

Sir, your prize!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

:burp:

A letter to Kayne West...

Kayne, If we look at your videos in the future, say 40 years, people will look at them and say WTF, who is that? :laughing guy: Actually, you are not relevant to music now and will not be in the future.

Now, Jimi's videos from 40+ years ago are still relevant just as Jimi still is. So please, drop the Jimi comparison thing...

I think if Jimi showed up that 2013 VMA's, he'd blow their minds. just as he did years ago. If Kayne showed up at the Monterey Pop /Woodstock, everyone would be at the beer tents and at the Porta Johns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCaV_1yfLHg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

I'd love to see what Jimi's fellow musician associates/friends would have to say about this. Just the fact he (kw) drove Robert Fripp out of the business when he stole (sampled) 21st century schizoid man makes me want to (BAD WORD HERE). The only thing Kanye has in common with Hendrix is they are humans. That's where the similarity ends in my book.

I'd love to see what Jimi's fellow musician associates/friends would have to say about this. Just the fact he (kw) drove Robert Fripp out of the business when he stole (sampled) 21st century schizoid man makes me want to (BAD WORD HERE). The only thing Kanye has in common with Hendrix is they are humans. That's where the similarity ends in my book.

What happened to Fripp?

What happened to Fripp?

OK, this was one of my saddest days, reading this: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/king-crimson-robert-fripp-quits-music-business/ :banghead: