Best Song in the Fear Trilogy

LedRush

What is the best song in the Fear Trilogy?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best song in the Fear Trilogy?

Witch Hunt is incredible. Freeze is underrated IMHO

That's funny because I think those are the worst two. But that's what makes life interesting :D

• Like 1

That's funny because I think those are the worst two. But that's what makes life interesting :D

oh The weapon is far superior to freeze no question, just pointing out I think its a good song

• Like 1

Freeze wins. Not that the others aren't good. But Freeze musically and lyrically is the most cohesive and interesting.
  • Like 1

I agree on both counts.. but 'The Weapon' is the best!! ;)

..and your opinion isn't humble! you're a RUSH fan dammit!! lol

Edited by MMCXII

Seriously? I mean, is there a significant age bias here? I know VT is much-maligned, but "Freeze" stands head and shoulders above any other track on that album. And yes, "Enemy Within" is probably just as good - especially that brilliant outro. But "Freeze" stands as a powerful thematic counterpart to "EW". Plus, it rocks musically.

"competing out of its league." Whatever...

• Like 1

Seriously? I mean, is there a significant age bias here? I know VT is much-maligned, but "Freeze" stands head and shoulders above any other track on that album. And yes, "Enemy Within" is probably just as good - especially that brilliant outro. But "Freeze" stands as a powerful thematic counterpart to "EW". Plus, it rocks musically.

The other three songs - major leagues

That song - not fit for whiffle ball

All great songs, but Witch Hunt is a masterpiece. The way that they make that song sound so damn eerie. It's just awesome.

Don't you ever grow tired of shitting all over Vapor Trails Gary? I swear, we got to get you a new hobby! :P

• Like 1

Don't you ever grow tired of shitting all over Vapor Trails Gary? I swear, we got to get you a new hobby! :P

Apparently not! And I'm open to hobby suggestions. :P

Enemy Within is one of my all time favorites, Fear trilogy not even factored in. I love the pace, the pow pow pounding beat.

I have this song on my Youth Football warmup CD. They play it before the games and at halftime. One Little Victory is in there, Enemy Within, Something For Nothing along with Welcome to the Jungle, Hells Bells.... stuff like that

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Each song has hidden gems in it. I'm a little tired of Witch Hunt, but I would really love for them to play the whole thing on the next tour. I went with Freeze because It is really a standout on Vapor Trails and the newness compared to the rest gives it an edge for me.

Went with The Weapon, the layering for that song was amazing. The Enemy within comes in second for it's catchiness and new wave sound. The other two tie for third, Witch Hunt though amazing live, does not sound great for the album version, and Freeze is good but a tad bit repetitive.

1) The Enemy Within (top 15)

2) Witch Hunt (top 20)

3) The Weapon (top 30)

4) Freeze (not in top 100)

The Enemy Within is my son's all time favorite Rush song (at the moment...Vital Signs and The Analog Kid have previously held this spot for him.)

• Like 1

1) Freeze

2) The Enemy Within

3) Witch Hunt

4) The Weapon

I always felt that live versions of Witch Hunt and The Weapon were far superior to the studio versions. Any time I hear The Weapon on the GUP live CD, I get geekishly pumped at the "listen to that synthesizer!" part, and I feel like that intro has a much greater punch. And the version just has more energy.

I didn't even like Witch Hunt until I saw it in '07. That sold me on it. I always felt like the version on MP was kind of weak. The versions on ASOH and SNA Live are outrageously good.

• Like 1