Current pop songs I hate!

Lerxster

In honor of my work cafeteria's shitty radio station, I present to you current pop songs I hate:

Icona Pop - I Don't Care

Phillip Phillips - Home

I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons

Every fun. song released

Please feel free to submit yours. :(

Mumford & Sons, I would fire them out of a cannon.

Any pop song that is lacking a jug player... I mean, if a pop song screams the need to have a jug player on it, that tells me something. It sucks. Nothing against jug band music, but it doesn't belong on Top 40 radio. At least M&S's song.

Is it sad (or perhaps genius) that I have no idea what any of those songs sound like and if I'm listening to the radio at all it is the True Oldies Station (which, let's face it, is playing most of the stuff *I* grew up to now anyway)?

Is it sad (or perhaps genius) that I have no idea what any of those songs sound like and if I'm listening to the radio at all it is the True Oldies Station (which, let's face it, is playing most of the stuff *I* grew up to now anyway)?

Not sad at all. I don't know them either, and don't want to.

• Like 1

I would know none of these songs if they weren't playing on the radio as I toast my breakfast english muffins. Maybe I'd be a genius if I din't toast almost every morning, but to a genius I'd be no genius so it doesnt matter.

• Like 1

I expected a much much longer list

Just going by top 40 pop that's current, and that I've actually heard all the way through. I hadn't compiled a list, lol. I just heard I Don't Care for the second time this morning, and went "uugh"again. That's actually the song that made me start this thread. I'll add more when I hear more. Wasn't really intetested in going back in time with this.

Anything by Kesha (or Ke$ha, whatever, I honestly don't care) makes me want to kill a bunch of babies and then myself.

I can't stand any of it.

If a friend plays it in the car, I immediately slap the power button. :rage:

• Like 1

Just about 95-100% of pop music of the past decade and a half.

I do like Alicia Keys, though. She's an actual artist like Prince unlike the annoying performers like Beyonce. I even dig a few of Bruno Mars' songs as inconsistent as he is. Locked Out Of Heaven sounds like The Police meets neo soul. Plus, for some reason, I like that B.o.B. rapper.

I even dig a few of Bruno Mars' songs as inconsistent as he is. Locked Out Of Heaven sounds like The Police meets neo soul.

I thought you were talking about Gotye f. Kimbra - Somebody That I Use To Know. He sounds like a Sting dead ringer. Don't hate that song, but all I can think of is der Stinglehauffer when I hear it.

I don't hate Bruno, but I have absolutely no use for him. Does less than zero for me.

Anything by Kesha.

I won't go so far as to say I hate Lady Gaga, but I find her entire schtick derivative and uninspired. I feel she's fooling a lot of people.

Fooling people into thinking you actually have any talent must be the greatest con job ever. Im talking about Kesha of course.

As for Gaga... meeeh. I dont give a shit about pop anyway, but im pretty sure that under all that make up, ridiculous outfits and overblown invented "personality" must be at least a somewhat competent singer and pianist called Stefani Germanotta.

Edited by Akron162
  • Like 1

Anything by Kesha.

I won't go so far as to say I hate Lady Gaga, but I find her entire schtick derivative and uninspired. I feel she's fooling a lot of people.

Fooling people into thinking you actually have any talent must be the greatest con job ever. Im talking about Kesha of course.

As for Gaga... meeeh. I dont give a shit about pop anyway, but im pretty sure that under all that make up, ridiculous outfits and overblown invented "personality" must be at least a somewhat competent singer and pianist called Stefani Germanotta.

One thing that I have to give her is that she stands by her art and doesn't care about what other people say - she just does what she loves. Regardless of if you think her music is good or not, she's got that going for her.

Kesha needs to get shot. Or overdose. Or something. :rage:

• Like 1