Best Album for Each of the Guys

Retrospective

I know everyone has an opinion on this, and I'm curious to hear it!

What do you think is the best album for Geddy, Alex, and Neil as players? Best bass album, best guitar album, best drum album, best *vocal* album?

3, 2, 1, GO!

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Edited by Retrospective

Definitely can't pick these off the top of my head, or even by thinking about it. To figure out my answer to this question, I think I'll have to listen to all the albums very carefully on a really good sound system with the question in mind :LOL:

I'd also have to include an album for Geddy's vocals! :yes:

• Like 1

Definitely can't pick these off the top of my head, or even by thinking about it. To figure out my answer to this question, I think I'll have to listen to all the albums very carefully on a really good sound system with the question in mind :LOL:

I'd also have to include an album for Geddy's vocals! :yes:

Done :)

I'd say Power Windows is Geddy at his best bass and keyboards. Also his vocals are incredible on this album as well.

Permanent Waves is Alex's best showing. His guitarwork is just amaizng all the way through

Moving Pictures I guess is Niel's Best stuff, though I think Colckwork Angles has me playing lots of air drums!

• Like 1

Geddy: Power WIndows or Hold your Fire. He just kills it so hard on both of these

Alex: 4 way tie between Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, and Grace Under Pressure. His lead work on the first two is so iconic, but his rhythm playing on the latter pair is so remarkable. Red sector A is just an amazing showcase of what Lerxst is all about.

Neil: Can I pick a tour? Cause he's playing better right now than he ever has.

Power Windows hands down for Geddy, For Neil, if we are talking diversity of percussion, I would go for A farewell to kings, for technique, I would go with Moving pictures, and for Alex, honestly I gotta say Clockwork Angels

Geddy: Power WIndows or Hold your Fire. He just kills it so hard on both of these

Alex: 4 way tie between Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, and Grace Under Pressure. His lead work on the first two is so iconic, but his rhythm playing on the latter pair is so remarkable. Red sector A is just an amazing showcase of what Lerxst is all about.

Neil: Can I pick a tour? Cause he's playing better right now than he ever has.

Good idea - especially because of his solos.

Go for it! :)

Alex:

Moving Pictures

Neil:

Drums - Clockwork Angels

Lyrics - Hold Your Fire

Overall - Moving Pictures

Geddy:

Bass - Hold Your Fire

Vocals - Moving Pictures

Keyboards - Power Windows

Overall - Hold Your Fire

Edited by Drummerrobin

I'm surprised how similar everyone's answers are! If not the same album, usually the same era.

I enjoy this.

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Lerxst.....Clockwork Angels. He's simply on fire on this album!! Also, because the tone sounds heavy and there's just a heavy feel to his playing, and I'm a metalhead!!

Dirk.....Hold Your Fire. Based on the fact that it had a cool jazzy feel and sound, along with how audible it was!!

Pratt.....Signals. The drumming on Subdivisions, Digital Man and The Weapon alone are equivalent to entire albums in my opinion. It's just such an interesting drum album to my ears!!

Edited by BloodofTheZodiac
  • Like 1