Headlong Flight: Does it crack your top 5 favorite Rush songs?

Tombstone Mountain

I think it's in there for me...it kicks my ass everytime I put in on. I can't believe we got a song that intense at this stage of the game. Where else in their catalog do they sound that furious and that aggressive?

• Like 1

Absolutely not, its a fun and nostalgic kinda jammin thing for me.. I actually enjoy the rush of it when its on but doesnt even make my top 5 on the album to be honest.

Caravan bu2b and CA are the band at their brilliant best.. HF's a very good worthwhile rocker

• Like 1

Currently, this is my favorite Rush song. Although my tastes change from year to year. Come to think of it, I don't think I HAD a favorite Rush song before I heard Headlong Flight. There are so many great ones.....

Clem

• Like 3

It's not even in my top 5 Clockwork Angels songs. Really rocks live though.

^^^ this. :goodone:

Hard to rate songs....

But I know the jam portion of this song live and the jam parts of The Anarchist are my two favorite parts of the current tour...

Alex's harmonics at the end of his solo in HF gets me everytime....the intensity is just pure RUSH......

It is really incredible that we are getting this kind of output from these guys at this stage of the game, glad they keep striving to move forward and break new ground, I think it's what makes them so special for people who love their music...

• Like 1

Not even close. Great tune but let's not for get that the rest of their catalog has been with many of us for years and years. It's hard for me to say a new Rush song can get that high on the list because it has so many other great songs that have been around for so long it has to leap over. Maybe over time Headlong Flight will, but even a year later it's nowhere near that for me yet.
  • Like 2

No. Great track, but it wouldn't be in my top 50.

You must be at the pub already. Top 50? I love the Irish!

We are a FABULOUS race. No, not imbibing yet. That starts tomorrow, and watch out Sheffield & Glasgow, I have a thirst on me, and it needs to be slaked.

• Like 1

We are a FABULOUS race. No, not imbibing yet. That starts tomorrow, and watch out Sheffield & Glasgow, I have a thirst on me, and it needs to be slaked.

Erin Go Bragh my brotha from anotha motha! Enjoy HF...after you see it live I think you'll rank her a bit higher than Dog Years and The Big Wheel.

Erin Go Bragh my brotha from anotha motha! Enjoy HF...after you see it live I think you'll rank her a bit higher than Dog Years and The Big Wheel.

Higher than Dog Years? UMAD.

No chance. It is not even in my top 3 from Clockwork Angels (probably my 4th or 5th favorite), much less top 5 overall. Better than 2112, La Villa Strangiato, Xanadu, Natural Science, Red Barchetta, Jacob's Ladder or YYZ? Let's be serious.
  • Like 2

No chance. It is not even in my top 3 from Clockwork Angels (probably my 4th or 5th favorite), much less top 5 overall. Better than 2112, La Villa Strangiato, Xanadu, Natural Science, Red Barchetta, Jacob's Ladder or YYZ? Let's be serious.

We are always entitled to our opinion, that's what forum's like this are for.....so no one can say you are right or you are wrong about your feelings about any topic...

I am just surprised that people don't have more love for HF.....

For me, HF blows away Jacob's Ladder, but again, its just how I feel.

The first time I heard HF I said instant Rush classic, to be put on the mantle right next to all the songs you listed....

Edited by nhlrush
  • Like 2

We are always entitled to our opinion, that's what forum's like this are for.....so no one can say you are right or you are wrong about your feelings about any topic...

The first time I heard HF I said instant Rush classic, to be put on the mantle right next to all the songs you listed....

That was the way The Anarchist hit me at first, and has since gotten even better. Not so much Headlong Flight, but my f**k does HF jam, too.

• Like 2

I don't know....I just listened to HF again....just to be sure about my feelings....

I guess I am in the minority, I think this amongst their best ever....

I think this song and album (Anarchist is my fav from the new album) are way more advanced than anything off albums like Presto, Roll the Bones, Test for Echo, and I like those albums just fine....

This album for me has reached a new level...don't wanna say its their best ever, but its right there on the shelf with the others.

• Like 1

That was the way The Anarchist hit me at first, and has since gotten even better. Not so much Headlong Flight, but my f**k does HF jam, too.

I like the song and the driving rhythm but am not crazy for the solo.

• Like 1