most UNDERRATED guitarists in rock

bathory

Dave Gregory

He's wonderful. Do you listen to Big Big Train and Tin Spirits?

I recently purchased Big Big Train English Electric (Part One) and I like it very much. Very Genesis. My favorite song, so far, is "Hedgerow".

Tin Spirits is next.

XTC is one of my favorite bands ever and recently I've re-discovered how fabulous Dave Gregory is - I think the man can play anything on the guitar. He compliments every song he plays on perfectly. He so good you don't realize how good he is.

Hedgerow is lovely! I got their new EP yesterday, Make Some Noise. It's wonderful.

robert quine from richard hell & the voidoids

Great to see the likes of Quine (RIP) and Ivy getting a mention on here beside the usual plethora of stunt guitarists. i'd like to add Johnny Ramone and Chuck Prophet if I may

Geordie Walker from Killing Joke

King Buzzo from The Melvins

Fast Eddie Clarke

Robert Smith from The Cure

Piggy from Voivod- RIP

Matt Pike from Sleep/High On Fire

Wata from Boris

Victor Griffin from Pentagram

Malcolm Young

Captain Sensible from The Damned

Rick Nielsen

Andy La Roque from King Diamond

Michael Denner and Hank Sherman from Mercyful Fate

Tim Sult from Clutch

Joe Young from ANTiSEEN

I love you

Just for getting captain Sensible onto a Rush forum X

Elliot Easton of the cars. Big band that most people know but never hear any love for him. Great melodic choices in his solos.

100% correct.

"Tonight She Comes" has one of the best solos i've ever heard. Perfect pop rock construction.

• Like 2

Been listening to Gentle Giant all week, so I've got to add Gary Green to the list of underrated guitarists.
  • Like 2

Steve Lukather...yes we know Toto were often pure cheddar but this man is a GUITAR LEGEND!

Steve Lukather...yes we know Toto were often pure cheddar but this man is a GUITAR LEGEND!

Yeah saw him in Ringo's All-Starr Band last summer and he killed it. Good call.

I would love to see him live, his solo albums have been on my wish list for what feels like forever!

I think the Toto album Tambu is the best introduction to his talents, followed by Kingdom Of Desire!

I haven't read any of the preceding pages some forgive me if this has been put out there already: PRINCE

Dude is a music genius and a superb guitarist. I've seen him shred, lay down the funk, and play the blues. Endlessly listenable

Can't stand his music, but there is no denying that the man can play. He's very creative too.
  • Like 1