RIP Jeff Hanneman

hobo73

Sad day in the world of Metal . RIP. I hope that Dick Kerry feels like shit for the rest of his life
  • Like 2

Sad day in the world of Metal . RIP. I hope that Dick Kerry feels like shit for the rest of his life

That was my thought exactly.

Such a shitty way to treat him and now look.

he's too busy starring in jagermeister commercials to care about a fallen bandmate

RIP

• Like 1

So evidently he was bitten by a spider which gave him a flesh eating disease.

Yes and it was quite some time ago. He was way on the road to recovery with talks of going into the studio this year for a new album. Fcuk, this comes as a total shock actually.

I've been a rabid Slayer fan since '86. This is the worst musician's death I have experienced in 30 years of being a serious music fan. Although I had my doubts about him ever making it back in the lineup, this is horrible, horrible news. Slayer is dead.

Jeff's songwriting legacy from the classic era alone:

Evil Has No Boundaries (w/KK)

Die By The Sword

The Antichrist (w/KK)

Black Magic (w/KK)

Fight Till Death

Face The Slayer (w/KK)

Crionics (w/KK)

The Final Command (w/KK)

Hell Awaits (w/KK)

Kill Again (w/KK)

At Dawn They Sleep (w/King & Araya)

Praise Of Death (w/KK)

Necrophiliac (w/KK)

Crypts Of Eternity (w/KK)

Hardening Of The Arteries

Chemical Warfare (w/KK)

Haunting The Chapel (w/KK)

Captor Of Sin (w/KK)

Aggressive Perfector (w/KK)

Angel Of Death

Necrophobic (w/KK)

Altar Of Sacrifice (w/KK)

Jesus Saves (w/KK)

Criminally Insane (w/KK)

Reborn (w/KK)

Epidemic (w/KK)

Postmortem

Raining Blood (w/KK)

South Of Heaven (w/Araya)

Silent Scream (w/King & Araya)

Live Undead (w/King & Araya)

Behind The Crooked Cross

Mandatory Suicide (w/King & Araya)

Ghosts Of War (w/KK)

Read Between The Lies (w/King & Araya)

Cleanse The Soul (w/King & Araya)

Spill The Blood

War Ensemble (w/Araya)

Blood Red (w/Araya)

Spirit In Black (w/KK)

Dead Skin Mask (w/Araya)

Hallowed Point (w/King & Araya)

Born Of Fire (w/KK)

Seasons In The Abyss (w/Araya)

And a majority of his co-writers were only w/lyrics. Jeff wrote the Slayer Blueprint and thousands of bands followed. They should finish the next album, do one more tour and call it a day. But it wont happen, they'll keep on the festival circuits until Tom or Kerry cant do it anymore.. RIP Jeff, you changed my life. Thank you.

Edited by GeddyLeeRoth
  • Like 3

I've been a rabid Slayer fan since '86. This is the worst musician's death I have experienced in 30 years of being a serious music fan. Although I had my doubts about him ever making it back in the lineup, this is horrible, horrible news. Slayer is dead.

Jeff's songwriting legacy from the classic era alone:

Evil Has No Boundaries (w/KK)

Die By The Sword

The Antichrist (w/KK)

Black Magic (w/KK)

Fight Till Death

Face The Slayer (w/KK)

Crionics (w/KK)

The Final Command (w/KK)

Hell Awaits (w/KK)

Kill Again (w/KK)

At Dawn They Sleep (w/King & Araya)

Praise Of Death (w/KK)

Necrophiliac (w/KK)

Crypts Of Eternity (w/KK)

Hardening Of The Arteries

Chemical Warfare (w/KK)

Haunting The Chapel (w/KK)

Captor Of Sin (w/KK)

Dissident Aggressor (w/KK)

Angel Of Death

Necrophobic (w/KK)

Altar Of Sacrifice (w/KK)

Jesus Saves (w/KK)

Criminally Insane (w/KK)

Reborn (w/KK)

Epidemic (w/KK)

Postmortem

Raining Blood (w/KK)

South Of Heaven (w/Araya)

Silent Scream (w/King & Araya)

Live Undead (w/King & Araya)

Behind The Crooked Cross

Mandatory Suicide (w/King & Araya)

Ghosts Of War (w/KK)

Read Between The Lies (w/King & Araya)

Cleanse The Soul (w/King & Araya)

Spill The Blood

War Ensemble (w/Araya)

Blood Red (w/Araya)

Spirit In Black (w/KK)

Dead Skin Mask (w/Araya)

Hallowed Point (w/King & Araya)

Born Of Fire (w/KK)

Seasons In The Abyss (w/Araya)

And a majority of his co-writers were only w/lyrics. Jeff wrote the Slayer Blueprint and thousands of bands followed. They should finish the next album, do one more tour and call it a day. But it wont happen. RIP Jeff, you changed my life. Thank you.

He's certainly left a great legacy of music for us.

Very sad news. The metal world has lost a legend :(

RIP :rose:

*** One quick point "Dissident Aggressor" was actually written in 1977 by Halford, Tipton and Downing of the well-known popular artists "Judas Priest"!

You can hear the original version here:

Any Slayer fan knows Jeff was the better guitarist and songwriter. it should've been that ego maniacal prick Kerry King who died! Just finished watching the very shitty Revolver Golden God's Awards and Kerry didn't seem too bothered by Jeff's passing. Just proves what I've always said- he's a fukking asshole who doesn't care about anyone but himself! The last few albums have pretty much been King solo albums anyways and they've been pure shit! RIP Jeff
  • Like 2

Very sad news. Hoped he was making a comeback soon.

:rose: :hail:

I know, I really thought he was over the worst of it. The recording of a new album, let alone touring, would've been a tall order but I had high hopes he was nearly there. This truly is awful and I'm so sad about it all. How can words really express the loss. This guy goes someway to what I'm trying to convey.

http://youtu.be/yiO3Zcv0yrQ

I was really shocked when i heard it in the morning :( Still can't really grasp it... Slayer and Hannemann were my idols back in the day starting to play guitar. Really sad loss for metal community :

R.I.P Jeff

*** One quick point "Dissident Aggressor" was actually written in 1977 by Halford, Tipton and Downing of the well-known popular artists "Judas Priest"!

You can hear the original version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_mpt8xyZVI

My bad! I meant Aggressive Perfector. I will edit my post—nice catch.

Any Slayer fan knows Jeff was the better guitarist and songwriter. it should've been that ego maniacal prick Kerry King who died! Just finished watching the very shitty Revolver Golden God's Awards and Kerry didn't seem too bothered by Jeff's passing. Just proves what I've always said- he's a fukking asshole who doesn't care about anyone but himself! The last few albums have pretty much been King solo albums anyways and they've been pure shit! RIP Jeff

How do you know he's not bothered by Jeff's passing? What is he supposed to do, cry uncontrolably when he's out in public or on camera? The guy is probably still in shock and what has happened hasn't set in yet. Just because someone doesn't show it on the outside doesn't mean they aren't hurting on the inside. I didn't cry at my mom's funeral so does that mean it didn't hurt me? It absolutely did. Everyone deals with death differently, he was no doubt trying to put on a brave face for the event. I do agree with everything else you've said about him though. Asshole or not, he did just lose someone who was a friend and a bandmate of his for 30 years. It will take some time for him to process what has happened. Just like anyone who loses someone they've known for years.

• Like 1