Any Rush albums you don't own?

Blue J

Speaking only in terms of studio albums, I am still missing Vapor Trails. With the continued teasing of a potential re-master without audio war, I have constantly left that one off my birthday list, but now that I recently picked up feedback to otherwise complete my collection, and my birthday is in two months, I might get antsy and ask for it. Though I do have other live albums to get too.

Speaking only in terms of studio albums, I am still missing Vapor Trails. With the continued teasing of a potential re-master without audio war, I have constantly left that one off my birthday list, but now that I recently picked up feedback to otherwise complete my collection, and my birthday is in two months, I might get antsy and ask for it. Though I do have other live albums to get too.

Its amazing really. When they released VT back in 2002, they released what?...maybe 5,000 copies on vinyl? Who knows? (actually, if anyone does know, I'd really be curious at the numbers). There were some who bought it back then when vinyl was a niche item. Likely fans and true vinylphiles. Who would have thought that this one particular album is considered a "grail" for most Rush collectors? The prices certainly support that theory. Now, granted, the poor audio from this recording is well-documented. However, I liked the music from this album...I liked the direction they were going; especially Neil and his lyrical escape to try to put closure on the trauma in his life. I recently picked up a copy of VT on vinyl sealed in the original wrapping. I paid ALOT of money for it. Like you, I "got the itch" and had to have it. It was a missing piece to my vinyl puzzle. I haven't broken the seal yet. I'm not sure I will. Its the ultimate conflict...music lover vs. collector. I suppose I have to consider how this disc is most valuable to me...as a valuable artifact on a shelf; or as a sonically frustrating record that I might listen to once. I'm leaning to the former right now.

I have all of the original studio albums and I have every live album in one form or another (some I have on CD and others on DVD).

I don't care about special editions or compilations, so I don't have any.

The only album that I'm missing is Feedback. I'll get it eventually.

Ditto...I've heard some of the "revised" versions and they aren't worth it! To me that's just a way to get people to buy the back catalog....But I've heard some of them, and don't see any significant change....The special editions are interesting for some of the content, but to that end, I've only pretty much watched the "content" once and put it back on the shelf...

The compliations? I WAS into getting stuff like that, but since 99% of them have NO new material, I don't need them! I've stopped being the "anal complete-ist" that I once was...

Feedback? Not really worth it... I listened to it once or twice when it came out, and it just sits on the shelf...a novelty, nothing more.

Its amazing really. When they released VT back in 2002, they released what?...maybe 5,000 copies on vinyl? Who knows? (actually, if anyone does know, I'd really be curious at the numbers). There were some who bought it back then when vinyl was a niche item. Likely fans and true vinylphiles. Who would have thought that this one particular album is considered a "grail" for most Rush collectors? The prices certainly support that theory. Now, granted, the poor audio from this recording is well-documented. However, I liked the music from this album...I liked the direction they were going; especially Neil and his lyrical escape to try to put closure on the trauma in his life. I recently picked up a copy of VT on vinyl sealed in the original wrapping. I paid ALOT of money for it. Like you, I "got the itch" and had to have it. It was a missing piece to my vinyl puzzle. I haven't broken the seal yet. I'm not sure I will. Its the ultimate conflict...music lover vs. collector. I suppose I have to consider how this disc is most valuable to me...as a valuable artifact on a shelf; or as a sonically frustrating record that I might listen to once. I'm leaning to the former right now.

I'm in a somewhat similar boat with the CD, as I just can't bring myself to listen to it anymore. ;) I like to crank music and at high volume it's become unlistenable to me.

I'm in a somewhat similar boat with the CD, as I just can't bring myself to listen to it anymore. ;) I like to crank music and at high volume it's become unlistenable to me.

Unless I'm going through a "I'm listening to everything" mood, I usually don't listen to VT, T4E or RTB. I actually like the first album more than those three...

http://2112.net/powerwindows/coverpics/TSSCcov.jpgTime Stand Still:

The Collection

(1974-1987)

What is this? I've never heard of this one before.

It's a european import. Similar tracklisting to "The Spirit Of Radio" compilation in 2003 I think.

It's the only one that has been mentioned in this thread that I don't have.

I get the comps mainly for the art work and usually heavily discounted in the used bins years later except for the vinyl comps. They can sometimes be pretty pricy.

Of course those two Icon comps don't have much to offer artwise, but at a few bucks each I couldn't resist them.

Those 1997 Mercury remasters are still hanging around here too. They are the closest to being jettisoned, but I haven't made that move yet.

http://2112.net/powerwindows/coverpics/TSSCcov.jpgTime Stand Still:

The Collection

(1974-1987)

What is this? I've never heard of this one before.

It's a european import. Similar tracklisting to "The Spirit Of Radio" compilation in 2003 I think.

It's the only one that has been mentioned in this thread that I don't have.

I get the comps mainly for the art work and usually heavily discounted in the used bins years later except for the vinyl comps. They can sometimes be pretty pricy.

Of course those two Icon comps don't have much to offer artwise, but at a few bucks each I couldn't resist them.

Those 1997 Mercury remasters are still hanging around here too. They are the closest to being jettisoned, but I haven't made that move yet.

Right. It's hard to resist some of the artwork from the comps. I think I have pretty much all I need.

I used to be a completist: I insisted on buying EVERY Rush album, even the live albums and compilations, just to keep my collection complete.

These days... bah. I've stopped buying those money-grubbing compilation CDs, and I think I'll stop buying the live albums, too. (I always hated live albums anyway, by ANY artist.) If it's not NEW studio material (audio) or a concert DVD (video), I ain't buying it again.

Other than that, yeah, I have all their albums. No holes.

I don't own any of the compilations. I don't own the deluxe 2112 or the..what is it? MVI S&A, was it?

However, I do own the Bob and Doug Makenzie album with Take Off on it, as well as the Max Webster album with Battle Scar on it!!

For some dumb reason I bought the MVI version of S&A. Never done a thing with it. From what I understand, the slight glitch in We Hold On that's found on the regular CD was fixed. That's about it.

You have the documentary, don't you? I've watched that at least a dozen times.

:cheers:

With the Rush concert DVDs and with the S&A MVI as well, the documentaries and other special features are more important to me than the actual concert footage/main event. I've seen Rush in concert over a dozen times; what I'll always want more of is the "behind the scenes" stuff of them being human. Take the Rush in Rio DVD: I watched the concert disc twice, but I've watched the "Boys in Brazil" documentary about two dozen times.

Edited by GeddyRulz

I don't own any of the compilations. I don't own the deluxe 2112 or the..what is it? MVI S&A, was it?

However, I do own the Bob and Doug Makenzie album with Take Off on it, as well as the Max Webster album with Battle Scar on it!!

For some dumb reason I bought the MVI version of S&A. Never done a thing with it. From what I understand, the slight glitch in We Hold On that's found on the regular CD was fixed. That's about it.

You have the documentary, don't you? I've watched that at least a dozen times.

:cheers:

With the Rush concert DVDs and with the S&A MVI as well, the documentaries and other special features are more important to me than the actual concert footage/main event. I've seen Rush in concert over a dozen times; what I'll always want more of is the "behind the scenes" stuff of them being human. Take the Rush in Rio DVD: I watched the concert disc twice, but I've watched the "Boys in Brazil" documentary about two dozen times.

Ditto!

At some point I've owned all of Rush's studio albums except Feedback and most of the live ones, but stuff got lost along the way of several moves over the years, and some of the lost albums I didn't bother replacing because my favorite songs off them were already on a live album, making replacing the studio version unnecessary.

Albums I've never owned: R30, Time Machine, Feedback (will eventually get Time Machine)

Albums I had but no longer need: FBN, CoS, (both covered by ATWAS) PeW, (Freewill, TSOR, and NatSci all on DS) ESL (least liked live album)

Album I need to replace: AFTK

And like many others, until I read the thread, the blizzard of compilations never crossed my mind. At one time I had Archives and Chronicles on cassette, but they long ago fell through some wormhole or other. The more recent rash of releases I regard as bait for suckers to pay again for songs they already have.

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

Why are people posting compilations? Those dont rate as proper albums IMO. I have all of them, though I listen to Vapor Trails the least because, well...its garbage. My fave is and always has been Hemispheres.
  • Like 1

I don't own any of the "Icon" series.

MP is the only gold CD edition I own in the catalog, I don't own Signals or 2112 gold CD editions.

I never bought Archives.

I think I'll stop buying the live albums, too. (I always hated live albums anyway, by ANY artist.) If it's not NEW studio material (audio) or a concert DVD (video), I ain't buying it again.

I could NEVER give up buying live albums from Rush, no way.