Favorite Snacks

Lost In Xanadu

I was going to make this a pretzels thread, but I opened it up to other things.

I have tried dozens of brands of pretzels... I have found the last one I will ever buy.... Tom Sturgis Stix. These are BY FAR the best pretzels I have ever had. They are cooked just long enough to have a slight smoky flavor from the oven, and are not overly salty either. http://www.tomsturgispretzels.com/

Other than having some of those with lunch, or occasionally dinner... I don't snack much on anything else other than some popcorn. :)

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Lately, I've been hooked on microwave kettle corn popcorn I got from the Boy Scouts. Also love Cool Ranch Doritos. Oh, and Tostitos with a hint of lime.

How about pistachios? You can't eat just one. Or one hundred. You have to eat a thousand of the goddam things... I think I'm up to 875 or so this evening.

Expensive little buggers though...

How about pistachios? You can't eat just one. Or one hundred. You have to eat a thousand of the goddam things... I think I'm up to 875 or so this evening.

Expensive little buggers though...

Are your fingers all red?

Saltine crackers with creamy pb and a thick slice of a kosher dill pickle.

Don't judge me.

Pregnant again Jen? :eh:

HA! No.

Crackers w/pb and pickles are yummy. What's funny is that when I was knocked up, I didn't have any pickle cravings. With either baby.

Krispy Kreme doughnuts

Last Sunday, I picked up some doughnuts for the family. I went right when they had a fresh batch of original glazed. Those doughnuts melt in your mouth. They are so good.

Our CFO got us hooked on doughnuts from a local bakery that makes Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' its bitch. They are HUGE - the size of a baby's head, and unbelievably fresh. No one bothers to bring in doughnuts from the chain bakeries anymore. Every once in a while, someone says, "doughnuts in the break room." Inevitably someone else replies, "Best Dang Bakery?" "No, Dunkin D's." The disappointment when this happens is palpable. I mean, at most offices people would be running each other over to get to the Dunkin' Doughnuts that someone else paid for. Not us. We are spoiled.

all kinds of stuff:

- Krispy Kreme

- nachos

- pretzels (can never go wrong there)

- cashews

- bowl of popcorn with peanut M&M's hiding in there

- cheetos...like someone else said, the regular kind or the cheesy poof ones

non-mainstream stuff:

- empanada [stuffed bread...various fillings ranging from pork & beef to beans & raisins]. I think it's originally a Spanish or Portuguese dish but I've only tried the Filipino style. Damn good stuff!

- chicharon [again, the Filipino style]...these aren't the same pork rinds that you'd have out of a bag from the nearby 7-11. Dip them in vinegar & a dash of soy sauce. Make it go down with beer.

all kinds of stuff:

- Krispy Kreme

- nachos

- cashews

non-mainstream stuff:

- empanada [stuffed bread...various fillings ranging from pork & beef to beans & raisins]. I think it's originally a Spanish or Portuguese dish but I've only tried the Filipino style. Damn good stuff!

- chicharon [again, the Filipino style]...these aren't the same pork rinds that you'd have out of a bag from the nearby 7-11. Dip them in vinegar & a dash of soy sauce. Make it go down with beer.

"We" make emanadas at least once a month. My wife takes masa, water and salt, flattens them into tortillas and fills with shredded beef or pork, cheese, veggies like peas/corn/carrot. Seals it up and fries in a shallow pan until golden brown. Serve with homemade salsa, sour cream and guac... you cannot go wrong!

all kinds of stuff:

- Krispy Kreme

- nachos

- cashews

non-mainstream stuff:

"We" make emanadas at least once a month. My wife takes masa, water and salt, flattens them into tortillas and fills with shredded beef or pork, cheese, veggies like peas/corn/carrot. Seals it up and fries in a shallow pan until golden brown. Serve with homemade salsa, sour cream and guac... you cannot go wrong!

I never thought of adding salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. It seems like it'd take a little something away from the filling. I'm not too big on condiments but that still sounds tasty and worth a go.

Canadian salt & vinegar potato chips (preferably Humpty Dumpty). I'll eat them until I hurt and the skin starts peeling from the inside of my mouth. :eh:

At one point, I had a lot of people in my office hooked on them. I once made a "potato chip run" to Canada (oh, and to visit family too) and brought home 55 bags. Customs thought it was pretty funny. :D

I do not like the U.S. salt & vinegar chips - wrong vinegar.

But I can buy Humpty Dumpty's in Maine. :yay:

Various snacks-pretzels with beer, Pringles with lunch, Cheetos with everything. A lot of popcorn with butter and salt-the Whirly-Pop gets used 2-3 times a week. Go through a lot of Misson corn chips, usually in nachos and botanas (layered chips, taco meat, refires, cheese). Not a big potoato chip fan anymore-I miss my Better Made chips from the D. Edited by pjbear05