RGIII not black enough

Lost In Xanadu

As an over 30, white male.... I really take a lot of offense to this piece.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/13/rob-parker-on-rgiiis-blackness/

Well. This led to a Thursday discussion on First Take, ESPN’s abysmal debate program. Panelist Rob Parker was asked, ‘What does this say about RGIII?”

“This is an interesting topic,” Parker said. “For me, personally, just me, this throws up a red flag, what I keep hearing. And I don’t know who’s asking the questions, but we’ve heard a couple of times now of a black guy kind of distancing himself away from black people.

“I understand the whole story of I just want to be the best,” Parker continued. “Nobody’s out on the field saying to themselves, I want to be the best black quarterback. You’re just playing football, right? You want to be the best, you want to throw the most touchdowns and have the most yards and win the most games. Nobody is [thinking] that.

“But time and time we keep hearing this, so it just makes me wonder deeper about him,” Parker went on. “And I’ve talked to some people down in Washington D.C., friends of mine, who are around and at some of the press conferences, people I’ve known for a long time. But my question, which is just a straight honest question. Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?”

What does that mean, Parker was asked.

“Well, [that] he’s black, he kind of does his thing, but he’s not really down with the cause, he’s not one of us,” Parker explained. “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really the guy you’d really want to hang out with, because he’s off to do something else.”

Why is that your question, Parker was asked.

“Well, because I want to find out about him,” Parker said. “I don’t know, because I keep hearing these things. We all know he has a white fiancée. There was all this talk about he’s a Republican, which, there’s no information [about that] at all. I’m just trying to dig deeper as to why he has an issue. Because we did find out with Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods was like I’ve got black skin but don’t call me black. So people got to wondering about Tiger Woods early on.”

Then Skip Bayless asked Parker about RGIII’s braids.

“Now that’s different,” Parker said. “To me, that’s very urban and makes you feel like…wearing braids, you’re a brother. You’re a brother if you’ve got braids on.”

He certainly looks black to me. :wacko:

Parker's an @ss. From what I've read, Griffin is an example of an athlete you'd want your kid to emulate, white or black.

But let's not say Parker's never accomplished anything. He made Skip Bayless look like the intelligent one in a conversation. And that's saying something.

• Like 1

Parker's an @ss. From what I've read, Griffin is an example of an athlete you'd want your kid to emulate, white or black.

But let's not say Parker's never accomplished anything. He made Skip Bayless look like the intelligent one in a conversation. And that's saying something.

:LOL:

And for him to get Screamin Steven A Smith to tell you that you took an ugly path, you've really accomplished something.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

And for him to get Screamin Steven A Smith to tell you that you took and ugly path, you've really accomplished something.

All people with character should condemn this kind of stupidity.

For the record... this is Rob Parker:

http://www.methodshop.com/picts/500-facts/donkey.jpg

Fixed.

• Like 2

For the record, these are the comments to which Parker took offense.

“For me, you don’t ever want to be defined by the color of your skin, You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person that you are, your character, your personality,” Griffin continued. “That’s what I strive to go out and do. I am an African-American in America. That will never change. But I don’t have to be defined by that.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/15/espns-rob-parker-suspended-remarks-about-rg3-and-r/#ixzz2F8iFbMA1

Maybe Mr. Parker should familiarize himself with MLK,Jr's "I Have a Dream Speech".

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind my daughter dating a guy like RGIII. He's kool it matters none he republican and is engaged to a white woman. I think mr Parker would like to be in his shoes.

http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=mfca6b1wl#/watch?v=PdQL4aRSjPI

I like at the 3:15 mark Stephen A Smith retorts and says "I'm uncomfortable where we just went"