Rush for Super Bowl 1/2 time show 2014

losingit2k

Just suspend belief for a second and imagine RUSH get inducted into the RRHOF, then they get asked to do the Super Bowl Half Time Show in 2014 for their 40th Anniversary to embark on their R40 Tour. What four songs would you want them to play live considering the venue?

Place them in order of appearance: I went with:

2112 Overture

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

The Spirit of Radio

:rush: :haz: :rush:

For Gods sake, this will NEVER happen so why even start the topic.

Never say never, They would never play with a String section live!.....NOT!

:bitchslap:

Rush using a string section for THEIR concerts is not comparable with them being asked to play the SB halftime show. Rush is not a sellout mainstream band like The Who or the Black Eyed Peas, and they would not attract mainstream-thinking viewers and advertisers -- advertisers who are paying MILLIONS for 30-second spots. Rush will never be asked to play at the SB.

For Gods sake, this will NEVER happen so why even start the topic.

Some people have nothing better to do than think up imaginary setlists that will never, NEVER happen. Everyone needs a hobby, I guess....

Just suspend belief for a second and imagine RUSH get inducted into the RRHOF, then they get asked to do the Super Bowl Half Time Show in 2014 for their 40th Anniversary to embark on their R40 Tour. What four songs would you want them to play live considering the venue?

Place them in order of appearance: I went with:

2112 Overture

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

The Spirit of Radio

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Hey buddy! I like the idea!

I like the four song set list. How about this:

They should open up with "One Little Victory" ;)

"Spirit Of Radio"

"Limelight"

"Tom Sawyer"

While this would be just awesome for us :rush: freaks, it will never happen! Unfortunately, :rush: falls into a category that isn't "mainstream" enough to generate television viewers. Keep in mind that the sponsors are counting on substantial numbers of people seeing the ads to generate $$$$ to pay for the $1M+ 30-sec ads. Past half-time performers indicate such trend: Madonna, Rolling Stones, The Who, Phil Collins, etc...

Most people would say, :rush: , who the hell are they?????

Here's my take on it...

Of course, it'll never happen, but it's cool to think about it and fantasize for a minute. Like others have said, they'll only book a very commercially successful, mainstream band to play the Half Time show. Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Bruce, Peas... those bands. But one thing that I've always wondered about is why, since the NFL is a huge AMERCIAN event, why in the name of hell would they book a band that wasn't from the USA? I think doing so is insulting to the Amercian viewers. Didn't The Who play that show a few years back? Why?

I think Rush could play the Half Time show of our Grey Cup in Canada, I'm sure they could. It would be a big deal. But, I don't want to see anything BUT Canadian bands playing at "our" game and if I was an Amercian I wouldn't want to see anything BUT a kick-ass American band playing at the Super Bowl.

Simple as that!

• Like 1

Here's my take on it...

Of course, it'll never happen, but it's cool to think about it and fantasize for a minute. Like others have said, they'll only book a very commercially successful, mainstream band to play the Half Time show. Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Bruce, Peas... those bands. But one thing that I've always wondered about is why, since the NFL is a huge AMERCIAN event, why in the name of hell would they book a band that wasn't from the USA? I think doing so is insulting to the Amercian viewers. Didn't The Who play that show a few years back? Why?

I think Rush could play the Half Time show of our Grey Cup in Canada, I'm sure they could. It would be a big deal. But, I don't want to see anything BUT Canadian bands playing at "our" game and if I was an Amercian I wouldn't want to see anything BUT a kick-ass American band playing at the Super Bowl.

Simple as that!

Agree 100%. The Super Bowl half time show is stupid anyway.

That is something that would happen in my fantasy life but would I really want to see it? No.

After seeing Madonna do her disgusting ritualistic half-time show I don't even want anything to do with the NFL.

never happen but ill play

Tom Sawyer

Fly By Night

SOR

Limelight

And if the hall of shame does come calling some day, i hope the boys give them a polite go fluk yourselves!

While it would be awesome and so much better than the past few years of entertainment, nope. Just can't see it happening.

I honestly don't even know who is performing THIS Super Bowl...will probably have Rush playing over it, though. ;)

It would be nice, but it'll never happen. That being said - here are a couple of options:

Out of this world set list:

1) 2112: complete version

2) Tom Sawyer

Super Ridiculous set list:

1) Cygnus

2) Hemispheres

More realistic set list:

1) Spirit of the Radio

2) Headlong Flight

3) Limelight

4) Tom Sawyer

Oh, Lord. Just looked. Beyonce. Nice.

*searching for my puke bucket*

Beyonce for the half time show? Thanks for the warning! I won't be watching it!! Good Lord..... :eyeroll:

I thought Rush could have or at least should have been in the running for this years Grey Cup half time show. That's Canadian Superbowl in short. It was the 100th time the game was played, and it was in Toronto, I couldn't think of better circumstances. The opted for Beiber instead (Barf)

I think I'm having a nightmare....

Yeah....that would be a nightmare...I can se the majority of the fans in the stands going WTF????????

LOL, yeah but by the end of the set, they be saying, "You know that wasn't half bad, I didn't know they were the ones that played that song!"

:LOL:

• Like 1