Worst CA song?

Gershon

Worst CA song?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What is, in your opinion, the least favorable song on Clockwork Angels?

Any choices other than Halo Effect and BU2B2 (which is a song, even though some people want to discount it as some kind of free floating interlude entity unworthy of consideration for worst song even though it sucks) are completely unfathomable to me. Are some people really mentioning The Garden and The Wreckers as worst song contenders? Really? :crazy:

The Garden is my least favourite song on the album. It's one of three songs on the album that I merely like rather than LOVE. The reason I choose it as my least favourite of the three is that it is the longest.

It does contain one of my favourite bit of lyrics, though:

The future disappears into memory

With only a moment between

Forever dwells in that moment

Hope is what remains to be seen...

Still kind of new here, is there any way I can nerf BU2B2 as a choice?

On an unrelated note, Grege2112, I think you and I are some of the only people here who thoroughly enjoyed those 2 songs (WTW and the title track) They get no love </3

Wish Them Well is a great song, and Clockwork Angels is not only my favourite song on the album, but also high on my all-time list. I often have the minority opinion on these things!

Are some people really mentioning The Garden and The Wreckers as worst song contenders? Really? :crazy:

Agreed, infact they're probably amongst the best of CA, along with BU2B and Headlong Flight for me :hail:

Looks like I'm on my own again in the poll though :ph34r:

What's with all the "Wish Them Well" hate? It's in my CA top four, for sure.

My pick for worst CA song? If we're calling "BU2B2" a song, it's that. If not, then it's "Halo Effect."

BU2B2 is the most Useless thing on the album and should not be on this list

The Wreckers for me. Craptastick , Foo Fighters rip off

I agree with everyone who says BU2B2 is an interlude or bridge; and so it doens't count as a song.

"Believe it or not, after WTW, I'd pick the title track as my least favorite (bet Im in the minority there!) " -- I believe it cause I feel the same, I just cannot seem to warm up to that track.

I uh went by wchich song I skip the most, if I ever do skip, it's usally BU2B. Just doesn't in my opion hit me with the same impact as the other songs. Its hard for me to say which songs better or worse cause they all sound so good. I like BU2B2, it fits right where it is, raises a lot of questions that the other songs don't. And is great on the album, But if all the songs had to stand alone without the help of the story or other songs, than BU2B2 is probably the weakest. But it is only a minute and the intensity it builds up in that short time are pretty cool.

i dont play this album from start to finish these days, half of it is average by rush standard and the other 5 or 6 outstanding rush at their best

incidentally, the outstanding tracks for me were the ones apparently written before the band went on tour, caravan, bu2b, CA, the anarchist and the garden

the rest have their moments and arent particularly bad but definitely dont hit my sweet spot in the way most entire rush albums have done

its ok though, at this stage of their careers i'll take half an album of rush brilliance thankyou very much

lookin forward to the next one already

The Peddlar is THE WORST song on the album. It's so bad that, in fact, I've NEVER listened to it, not even once. Oh yeah, that's right: The Peddlar is actually listed TWICE in the liner notes, but Rush forgot to make music for Neil's lyrics. They were smoking some good stuff,, I suppose. I sure would have loved an extra 20 minutes of music. What a rip off!!!

Went with Halo effect, I am actually tied with Seven Cities for this one, but I had to pick one, Seven cities is better musically, Halo effect is better lyrically, Music is more important to me so there. Still a good song though

On an unrelated note, Grege2112, I think you and I are some of the only people here who thoroughly enjoyed those 2 songs (WTW and the title track) They get no love </3

Wish Them Well is a great song, and Clockwork Angels is not only my favourite song on the album, but also high on my all-time list. I often have the minority opinion on these things!

You're not in the minority with the title track. If memory serves, the last time a poll was done for the best song on CA, the title track took the lead. It's my fave song on the album, and that's the case for a lot of folks. :yes:

You're not in the minority with the title track. If memory serves, the last time a poll was done for the best song on CA, the title track took the lead. It's my fave song on the album, and that's the case for a lot of folks. :yes:

Why for heaven's sake?

I don't see how anyone who a)has been to the southwest of the US and b)read the history of why it took the Spanish so long to settle that area, couldn't appreciate 7COG. I'm not trying to attack someone personally for their taste in music, but to say that it's the worst song on the album implies a lack of appreciation for Neil's amount of travelling and his amount of reading.

Sorry if I come off as condescending, that's not my intent, and I don't mean to be hateful.

Why for heaven's sake?

Because it's a great song? :huh:

Carnies for me as the worst. Its a song you can't hum even after hearing it.

Hmmm....I find it has some of the more hummable melodies on the entire disc. The part with the "La Villa"-like arpeggio is very hummable. (start at 1:21). But it this part contrasts strongly with the "Spindrift"-like non-melodic heavier parts.

Maybe it's the dissonance that bugs people.

Why for heaven's sake?

Because it's a great song? :huh:

My fav too.