Going to my first Rush

thirteen

Hi all, first up a brief intro:

I'm an Australian and Rush have been a huge part of my life for over 20 years - ever since, as a teenager, my head near well exploded in awe listening to Freewill. I have drawn inspiration and strength from their music and their integrity for years.

So anyhow, I am now going to fly 14 hours from Sydney to Anaheim and make my life long dream come true. Everything is booked (flights, hotel, Rush tickets). It's not going to hit me until I'm there, but I know I'm going to be so emotional and tear up...and then explode with joy and rock out for the best couple of hours of my life. There was no way I could live with myself if I never saw them in concert.

QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 8 2012, 06:57 AM)

I'm an Australian and Rush have been a huge part of my life for over 20 years - ever since, as a teenager, my head near well exploded in awe listening to Freewill. I have drawn inspiration and strength from their music and their integrity for years.

So anyhow, I am now going to fly 14 hours from Sydney to Anaheim and make my life long dream come true. Everything is booked (flights, hotel, Rush tickets). It's not going to hit me until I'm there, but I know I'm going to be so emotional and tear up...and then explode with joy and rock out for the best couple of hours of my life. There was no way I could live with myself if I never saw them in concert.

Awesome story! I hope you have a safe trip and know you will *love* the show!

2.gif 1022.gif

I guess I should feel lucky that every Rush tour has come within a 2 hour (3 for Counterparts) drive of where I have been living and have seen ever tour since HYF.

Have a wonderful experience. It really should be magical.

Im never to far from a RUSH concert when they visit either . I have under 3 hours . So i cant imagine traveling the way some of you do.

The first show huh? Wow you will be Stunned, and hypnotized.

It will also be a hard decision what T-Shirt to buy! tongue.gif

Have a fantastic adventure !

2.gif

QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 8 2012, 02:57 AM)

Yay! That's going to be my first show too and Anaheim is my hometown!

Maybe we'll see ya there!

biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone. I assume I'll be the only Aussie there?

And for the posters going to Anaheim - if you here an Aussie accent come up and say hi - good chance it will be me.

QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 8 2012, 05:57 AM)

Hope you have a concert full of Shock and Awe. Oh by the way, you might as well go see the RUSH star on the walk of fme while you are there. Its infront of the Musicians Institute! You can find the exact location on Google. Regardless, you are in for a great trip topped off with RUSH!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

This is yet another example of when Rush says that they can't believe the devoted fan base they have!

Have a great time!!

Has Rush never played in Australia or New Z? They should ...

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Oct 8 2012, 06:06 AM)
Im never to far from a RUSH concert when they visit either . I have under 3 hours . So i cant imagine traveling the way some of you do.

The first show huh? Wow you will be Stunned, and hypnotized.
It will also be a hard decision what T-Shirt to buy! tongue.gif

Have a fantastic adventure !

2.gif

Why decide which shirt to get? This was my first show in 6 years of being a fan and I bought 5.

Back in the Hold Your Fire days there was a local music store owner (and Rush fanatic) who had a petition to have Rush tour Australia. Sadly nothing eventuated.

Rush have never toured Australia (and never will). But I don't care anymore....

I'm gonna see 'em in the good ol' USofA!!!!!

Here's a story - at a Cathedral & Paradise Lost concert years ago I got talking to a dude who asks "what do you listen to?". I answer "Rush". They guys eyes light up and he tells me his favourite concert ever was when he saw Rush live in England (around Roll the Bones I think). He also said something like "Geddy's bass... so [expletive] goes right through you...drool".

QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 8 2012, 03:57 AM)

G'day mate! How long will you be in the States? Come to the L.A. show two nights after Anaheim! If you're going to fly 14 bleedin' hours, might as well maximize the experience, eh? I'll be at the show at The Gibson Amphitheatre but can't get down to Anaheim (or at least haven't figured out how to make that work yet...still haven't given up hope that I can fit that in somehow!) for the Saturday night show. Hope your trip goes well and you have a rockin' great time. Maybe we'll connect if you can find your way to Los Angeles on Monday night as well. 1022.gif 2.gif trink38.gif

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Concord/Rush07Concord016.jpg

QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 8 2012, 05:57 AM)

Get ready to be blown away!! Hope you have a safe trip!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 9 2012, 05:20 PM)
I'll only be in the States for 5 days. I can only afford 1 concert. Damn poverty lol.

For this guy's dedication, hopefully someone could comp him a ticket to another concert while he's here. I don't live in CA, so I can't help. For a 14 hour flight, the guy deserves more than one concert.

QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 8 2012, 06:57 AM)

Do you have a back up plan in the event they cancel that show? Yes, it's highly unlikely, but I've been to a few concerts (not Rush) where the show was canceled at the last minute.

Back up plan....god forbid they don't play = me going apeshit lol.

One concert is fine with me mate, after all up until very recently it was going to be NO concert - ever.

QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Oct 9 2012, 06:29 PM)
QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 9 2012, 05:20 PM)
I'll only be in the States for 5 days. I can only afford 1 concert. Damn poverty lol.

For this guy's dedication, hopefully someone could comp him a ticket to another concert while he's here. I don't live in CA, so I can't help. For a 14 hour flight, the guy deserves more than one concert.

I can't get ya another show, but I will get you a beer! I'll be there for that show in Anaheim too.